k0mpresd
11-17-2006, 08:23 AM
i have some neuspeed race that need some companions

koni or bilstein?

theres about a $140 differene between the 2

are the konis worth the extra $$?

SeanF
11-17-2006, 09:13 AM
it depends on whether you want adjustable ride height or adjustable valving...

which would be more beneficial to you?

GraysonF
11-17-2006, 11:26 AM
i have h&r race and grooved bilsteins. if you want to take a ride down to wilmington, ill let you take a ride and let you see how it feels.

iin10ded
11-17-2006, 11:36 AM
in my experience and i've had this backed up by others, the bilstein is a better shock. bonus that it's cheaper. they seem to hold their valving better and longer.

the koni's are only adjustable for rebound damping, frankly not worth it especially considering you have to totally disassemble them to do it. if adjustability is a goal then you'd be better off with at least a pss9 or even nuttier exotica [penske, stasis, etc].

k0mpresd
11-17-2006, 11:40 AM
i bought bilsteins

$457/shipped

MR VTEC
11-17-2006, 01:35 PM
you pulled the trigger fast on those bilsteins...

I would say if you had the extra money get the koni's because of the adjustability...
I know you love working on your car so adjusting it wouldn't be an issue to make it suite any condition you are willing to throw at it, except for NYC streets....

Don Supreme
11-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Man Kompressed seems like you spend on average $600-800 a month on your car.

We must all be sick and afflicted.

xr4tic
11-17-2006, 01:43 PM
I had the bilsteins with Vortrag springs (450/500 in/lb rates I think) and didn't like them.

Switched to Konis, and was much happier.

Bilsteins are nice, but I think they are not made for higher spring rates. Going around a sweeping off-ramp, the rear end would rise up too quickly, almost scary. The Konis would not. High pressure shock vs. low pressure shock maybe?

k0mpresd
11-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Don Supreme
Man Kompressed seems like you spend on average $600-800 a month on your car.

We must all be sick an afflicted.
i know..i have issues [:(]

Originally posted by xr4tic
I had the bilsteins with Vortrag springs (450/500 in/lb rates I think) and didn't like them.

Bilsteins are nice, but I think they are not made for higher spring rates. Going around a sweeping off-ramp, the rear end would rise up too quickly, almost scary. The Konis would not. High pressure shock vs. low pressure shock maybe?
im thinking of getting a rear sway bar too...maybe that will help

1 ate T
11-17-2006, 02:26 PM
BILSTEIN! i love em

MR VTEC
11-17-2006, 03:08 PM

I like my bilstein / votrag setup... Maybe it's because my car is to slow to create enough g-forces to make my rear do that...

k0mpresd
11-17-2006, 04:00 PM
i will try to get back to you about your pm tomorrow rasheed...i have to work tomorrow :(

tkarwin
11-17-2006, 06:15 PM

The Bils probably didn't have enough rebound for those spring rates, hence the suspension decompressing mid-corner. Those spring rates are way too high for an off the shelf shock, imho.

MR VTEC
11-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by k0mpresd
i will try to get back to you about your pm tomorrow rasheed...i have to work tomorrow :(
[cool][up] Greatly appreciated... [;)]

ExpLlclT
11-17-2006, 11:25 PM
hate my konis hella hard to adjust on the car and soft a mofo not much better performance than stock stock ... in my experiance at least, not a clue on what bilstiens r like

alen
11-18-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by iin10ded
they seem to hold their valving better and longer.

not true. they tend to sag very much more premature than konis. i had sold my koni yellows with over 35k miles on them and they were as good as new. they were paired with neu race springs when i sold the entire set.

i had bilsteins and b&g springs on my older audi and liked the setup. however, like somebody said, they are certainly not valved well for stiffer springs.

fred2ka4
11-18-2006, 06:32 AM
I have the grooved Bilstein's with the H&R sport springs, and I love the ride, as I drive my car everyday. I am looking into the Hotchkis H-sport sway bar set up as well. I've heard nothing but good things about the H-sport, and I think it will work well with most of the set-ups on the forum.

Good choise on the Bilsteins, as I like mine alot!! [:D] [up]

k0mpresd
11-18-2006, 06:38 AM
im thinking about getting ecs's coilover sleeves for the front

anyone have experience w/ them or heard any reviews on them?