PDA

View Full Version : Looking at getting my lowers + Roof painted. PRICES?



OrangeWuN
11-16-2006, 02:27 PM
whats the average cost of this?

im thinking maaco..

SoFresh
11-16-2006, 02:53 PM
From a shop.... mine was priced from a good shop, $700 for the front, back, and side skits... but that was the full bumpers. Also, an additional $700 for the roof to be black. But that wasnt macco... just something to think about...

OrangeWuN
11-16-2006, 02:56 PM
where did you go? im in Washington also...

so for you it totaled to 1400?

b00st
11-16-2006, 02:56 PM
bad idea.

you get what you pay for. if your gonna paint your car...at least get someone quality to do it. like a pro shop in your area. call your insurance guy and maybe he knows a few shops in your area that do GOOD WORK.

i've seen to may maaco jobs that have turned out less than desireable.

OrangeWuN
11-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by b00st
bad idea.

you get what you pay for. if your gonna paint your car...at least get someone quality to do it. like a pro shop in your area. call your insurance guy and maybe he knows a few shops in your area that do GOOD WORK.

i've seen to may maaco jobs that have turned out less than desireable.

from what i heard maaco does a good job, maybe im wrong? ill call my insurance guy though... ty!

MR VTEC
11-16-2006, 03:04 PM
ur wrong.

SoFresh
11-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Yeah, i would not go with macco if I were you, Im over in Pullman WA, at Washington State University, and I had it quoted at a shop called AutoBody Supercenter, lol, tacky name, but ive seen their work, its quality. Im actually going to borrow a paint booth back on the westside and paint my entire car myself the same color, thats the route im going.

nizmosx
11-16-2006, 03:07 PM
dont go to maaco. save up bro save up.

SoFresh
11-16-2006, 03:09 PM
I dunno, maaco and do either a good job or a bad job... its like everyone keeps saying..."you get what you pay for"

OrangeWuN
11-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by high_octaneRS-4
Yeah, i would not go with macco if I were you, Im over in Pullman WA, at Washington State University, and I had it quoted at a shop called AutoBody Supercenter, lol, tacky name, but ive seen their work, its quality. Im actually going to borrow a paint booth back on the westside and paint my entire car myself the same color, thats the route im going.

how much did they charge?

Starting
11-16-2006, 03:12 PM
high_octaneRS-4: do you know the shop where your renting the paint booth or just renting it? I was thinking of trying to rent one but I figured it would be a hard sale to let me use their equipment without knowing me. I may have to call around when I paint again.

SoFresh
11-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Starting
high_octaneRS-4: do you know the shop where your renting the paint booth or just renting it? I was thinking of trying to rent one but I figured it would be a hard sale to let me use their equipment without knowing me. I may have to call around when I paint again.

I know the owner of the shop, so hes just letting me use it, im going to help him build a new fence at his house, so hes gonna just let me use all the equiptment in return, but back before i really knew the guy, when i painted my ex girlfreinds front end on her celica, he charged me $200 flat to use it, but he sort of knew me then. I dont know what his actual rate would be. I know how to use the equiptment as well as clean it, so thats all hes mainly worried about.

To answer OrangeWuN's question.... how much did they charge?

$700 for the bumpers and skirts and an additional $700 for the black roof.... So a total of $1400 still, form the place in Pullman, but like I already said, im not going that route, just going to do it myself with a freind.

SoFresh
11-16-2006, 03:21 PM
^^^Starting- Also, what do you need to paint, also, werent you the one that had the DIY paint write up on here before the crash? Your ride already looks sweet enough, you just need to paint another car or something?

OrangeWuN
11-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Octane: Thanks! unfortunately i dont have any friends in the business... thanks for the info, im gonna try to look for a Portland paintshop to save tax...

SoFresh
11-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Thats not a bad idea, saving on the tax... i would have nver thought of that. It doesnt take more than 15 minutes once your at a shop, just find one, use the phone book, and then tell the guy you want an estimate on whatever you want painted, wont take him more than 10-15 minutes by looking at it.

EastSidinA4
11-16-2006, 03:45 PM
700 is alot in my area. I live in socal too. Wetworks Garage will only charge roughly 325ish for the roof.

Theres a shop over here other than Wetworks that will paint all your lowers and smooth out the texture on them, also repair and paint both bumpers for roughly 340ish. Actually, my friend is about to drop off his car for this as I type. Pretty quality work too, not as much as wetworks though.

SeanF
11-16-2006, 03:48 PM
we had a car painted in maaco, the finish was nice, but it didnt last...

it was a crappy car we didnt plan on having long, so we didnt bothe with a nice paint job...

OrangeWuN
11-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by EastSidinA4
700 is alot in my area. I live in socal too. Wetworks Garage will only charge roughly 325ish for the roof.

Theres a shop over here other than Wetworks that will paint all your lowers and smooth out the texture on them, also repair and paint both bumpers for roughly 340ish. Actually, my friend is about to drop off his car for this as I type. Pretty quality work too, not as much as wetworks though.
too far from washington [=(]

MR VTEC
11-16-2006, 03:51 PM
to be honest you paint looks fine just needs a drop.

AudiSport12
11-16-2006, 03:56 PM
high octane RS4: pist some pics of your ride. i have yet to see pics. i want to see what it looks like with the roof and sides painted

sean1.8t
11-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by audisport12
high octane RS4: pist some pics of your ride. i have yet to see pics. i want to see what it looks like with the roof and sides painted

2nd that

EastSidinA4
11-16-2006, 04:05 PM
well, if you prep it yourself, body shops will give you a lower price.

its really easy to prep something like the roof, its just flat, just sand it down and have them throw some paint on it. itll save you a considerable amount of moola

Starting
11-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by high_octaneRS-4
^^^Starting- Also, what do you need to paint, also, werent you the one that had the DIY paint write up on here before the crash? Your ride already looks sweet enough, you just need to paint another car or something?

The car does look good, but there are some flaws that I need to fix to be completly happy with it. I have big plans for the car so I figure within a year or two it will be repainted with a new look. Hoping to have a garage by then to do it in, but was just interested if there was a going rate for renting a booth.

SoFresh
11-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by audisport12
high octane RS4: pist some pics of your ride. i have yet to see pics. i want to see what it looks like with the roof and sides painted

AAhhh I know! Its buggin me, I keep seeing people posting pics and its making me jealous cause I want to post some!!! I need to borrow a I broke my digital camera couple months back, fell out of my pocket when I was shutting my car door, and it fell right where the door closes into the jam, didnt brake the outside, but doesnt work anymore. So ill get some pics posted as soon as I can, I still have to post pics from my microsuede headliner project, as well as my FMIC project. What sucks the most was I wanted to take pics while I was in the process, like step by step pics, and I did, they are on my cell phone, but I need to order a data link cable or something, unless if anyone knows of a website I can text message my pics to from my cell so I can post them... does anything like that exist?

bOOOOstedAudi
11-16-2006, 05:58 PM
just have them get the good paint because it looks horrible when it start to chip and that happens about 1 week after