PDA

View Full Version : A little help with HID install

LODOSS
11-16-2006, 02:11 PM
I am planning out my HID install. going to be on oem proj 1 piece valeo's. i have a pair of 50 watt hid ballasts with D2R connectors. so i am going to get.

2 H7 adapater
2 9006 wiring connectors so i can have 2 wires coming out of the ballasts.

2 OEM Phillips/Xenarc bulbs

I notice that almost all aftermarket kits have wiring harness that connects directly off of the wires inside the bulb housing.. I was wondering if anyone have try just tapping/splicing the wires going into the harness.. if so.. does anyone know what 2 wires/color ? also does the wire harness just feed it with one ground or a ground for each low/high and parking . i figure it should be a ground for each then it should be pretty easy. just a matter of finding the right two.

I saw this from the tech article.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext.html

but i am a little confused.. according to that there is only one ground wire?

passenger

Tan/White (Low Beam) ¡VBlue Wire (2)

driver
White/Black (low Beam) ¡V Blue Wire (2)

i am guessing the blue wire is for the new Headlights on the tech article so i should not worry about that..

now is that TAN/WHITE = 2 wires or just one wire?

i guess if it is just one ground i can just tap into it rather than slice.

bOOOOstedAudi
11-16-2006, 06:11 PM
should be one ground per ballast right?

killroy77
11-18-2006, 08:24 AM
One ground per ballast is best.

LODOSS
11-30-2006, 02:54 PM
the oem wire harness that connects to the light housing... is there a ground wire for each bulb? high beam + /ground and then a low beam+/ ground ..

or are you guys just saying to use any ground point should work.. i installed alot of HID kits but i always just use the +/- that normally goes to the bulbs as the connection to the ballast..

Can i just use the + for the light sand then just ground the ground wire anywhere on the car.. i am just afraid that since it is like 1 million volts or something that if something screws up.. ten someone is going to get one hell of a shock. =o