PDA

View Full Version : Wat is the difference between 710n divertor valve and a HyperBoost HX Compact Diverte

karmad
11-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Can someone let me know cuz right now i have a HyperBoost HX Compact Diverter Valve but was told to get a 710n, will this help my surging?

maxspeed
11-16-2006, 09:48 AM
the hyberboost is metal, and has a piston/spring, the 710n is plastic and has a diaphram

karmad
11-16-2006, 09:59 AM
wat would be the diff performance wise?

Lensch09
11-16-2006, 10:01 AM
There is no performance gain it's just a simple matter of it either working or not. There are guys with S4's running 710n's with over 400 awhp. So, to make a long story short those piece of shit divertervalves that cost upwards of 150 bucks don't work any better or show any better gain than one that costs 30.
-Dan

onemoremile
11-16-2006, 10:06 AM
The spring can be changed to accommodate different boost pressure ranges. The 710n is what it is.

The piston type valves are serviceable. A wipe down with a rag and some new synthetic lube and it will be good as new. The 710n has a diaphragm that will eventually wear out.

The good piston type valves cost as much as several 710n valves.

I have one of each. This way I can swap the 710n back in when doing an oil change. Then I can strip the nice one down and toss it in the dishwasher. Then install new o-rings, lube it back up, and swap it back in whenever.

onemoremile
11-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Performance wise, there is no difference. The response should be more consistent with the piston type since the diaphragm will wear out. This wouldn't be a concern in most turbo cars but I've been in an S4 with a intermittent boost leak. In most cars that would have just been annoying to live with until the correct part got swapped. In the S4 it caused a turbo to overspeed and nuked it. This is why I don't really like diaphragms in the loop. At least the S4 got RSK04s. [:D]