PDA

View Full Version : Tow Hook Location

King18TQuattro
11-16-2006, 07:34 AM
Where is the tow hook location on the b5's(Front Location)?

I thought there was a open location on the passenger side, but I cannot remember. Just want to make sure I know exact location.

mike-2ptzero
11-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Pull the bumper grill on the passenger side.

King18TQuattro
11-16-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks Mike. I am looking at the OMP tow hook at Pegasus Auto Racing. The thread dimensions are 10mm(diameter) x 1.5mm(thread pitch). Will this fit?

How is the "race car" project coming along?

mike-2ptzero
11-16-2006, 09:04 AM
To make one of those work on our cars you will have to weld it or drill a hole since our tow hook is just a U that was stuck in the cross member pipe flange. I have also been looking for an aftermarket tow hook since the stock location cause the tow strap to hit the bumper while being pulled. I might see about having someone make me one or a plate that bolts to the stock bumper shock bolts.

Looking at the OMP design you could attach it to the bumper but that might not be the best thing. Also found this one
http://www.aj-racing.com/catalog/files/products/images/alex/exterior/TowHook.jpg

Car is going well, taking it to the track for the first time this weekend.

mike-2ptzero
11-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Also found this on Jegs

http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/700/777/777-JBRC2017.jpg

King18TQuattro
11-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Let me know if you have anyone make it for you, I might be interested. For now I will try one of the options in this thread. I will let you know how it goes.

mike-2ptzero
11-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by King18TQuattro
Let me know if you have anyone make it for you, I might be interested. For now I will try one of the options in this thread. I will let you know how it goes.

I might try doing the one from jegs seeing that you can weld the pipe into place and then slide the "tow hook" into it when you want to use it. When I was at Pomona for the NHRA sport compact event I saw one of the drivers use something like this on the front of his bumper.

King18TQuattro
11-17-2006, 06:12 PM
That is the one I was going to try. Is it Stainless or just mild?
I like the idea of taking it out when not needed.

You know of any places that will help build a center diff for my tiptronic? I have asked Stasis 3 times now and they have declined each time.

What did you change on your car for "Race"?

mike-2ptzero
11-17-2006, 06:29 PM
That is the one I was going to try. Is it Stainless or just mild?
I like the idea of taking it out when not needed.

You know of any places that will help build a center diff for my tiptronic? I have asked Stasis 3 times now and they have declined each time.

What did you change on your car for "Race"?

Why do you want a different center diff? I am still running my stock center diff without any problems even when pulling 1.55 60 ft times.

King18TQuattro
11-18-2006, 06:44 AM
I am looking at more rear bias. I am exploring all avenues right now.

Do you have any lsd's?(Front or Rear)

mike-2ptzero
11-18-2006, 12:34 PM
I am looking at more rear bias. I am exploring all avenues right now.

Do you have any lsd's?(Front or Rear)

Nope, all stock.