PDA

View Full Version : Vibrant Performance Vs. Eisenmann

Militant-Grunt
11-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Im having a dillema here, Im saving up for a cat back exhaust system for my 1.8T, now for the past few month I was sure that im going to go for eisenmann race exhaust, but after seeing a video clip of a Vibrant performance exhaust on a mazdaspeed 3 and then looking at the price of the muffler, ive come to a dillema.

Im looking for a deep throaty sound, something that I know eisenmann delivers, (on bmw straight 6 and v8's they sound incredible) but there arent many great videos of the exhaust on a B5 1.8T.

Same goes for the Vibrant performance exhaust. Has anyone heard these exhaust or have them on their car?

If so would someone take a vid clip (if possible?

burner799
11-16-2006, 12:43 AM
your not going to get a v6 or v8 exhaust note on a 4 banger with a turbo....don't waste your money. Go get a 2.5 inch custom exhaust with a nice magnaflow and tips for 350 bucks or so.

A4Rob
11-16-2006, 01:03 AM
and Vibrant Performance is like a ricer muffler website.....

Militant-Grunt
11-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by burner799
your not going to get a v6 or v8 exhaust note on a 4 banger with a turbo....don't waste your money. Go get a 2.5 inch custom exhaust with a nice magnaflow and tips for 350 bucks or so.

[:(] You sure about the eisenmann?

Because I was also thinking about the HKS Hi-Power exhaust, sounds great on a STi, the 1.8T is essentially the same except with a smaller 4 banger, I wouldnt see why it wouldnt sound similarly with a resonator delete.

Monchichi8
11-16-2006, 11:25 AM
http://www.millteksport.com/ Enough said. You want something nice.forget all that other crap.

burner799
11-16-2006, 11:32 AM
^^those are bank. I just thought that if a custom magnaflow is good enough for my friend with an 05 M3 competition coupe with 410 gears, dinan tuning, pulleys, throttle body and some other stuff.......then it is equally decent on something like a b5. its just pipes and a muffler. 1 grand is a lot to pay for that.

MultiAudis
11-16-2006, 11:32 AM
yeah seriously this is stupid... quite comparing sound clips of other cars.... cause guess what, they are DIFFERENT. The reason there aren't any clips of what you want is because nobody runs them... that should be a red flag man. There are a ton of exhaust threads, nearly all recommend exhaust other than what you are asking about. Go custom if cost is a concern, if not, I'd agree that milltek is the best, but search and you will come up with at least 3 options better than what you proposed

ct1.8t4me
11-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Militant-Grunt

Because I was also thinking about the HKS Hi-Power exhaust, sounds great on a STi, the 1.8T is essentially the same except with a smaller 4 banger, I wouldnt see why it wouldnt sound similarly with a resonator delete.

Remember the STI is a horizontally opposed (boxer) engine and they generally tend to have a unique exhaust note to begin with.

Monchichi8
11-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by burner799
^^those are bank. I just thought that if a custom magnaflow is good enough for my friend with an 05 M3 competition coupe with 410 gears, dinan tuning, pulleys, throttle body and some other stuff.......then it is equally decent on something like a b5. its just pipes and a muffler. 1 grand is a lot to pay for that.

Yes, they are..but super high quaility pieces. You want the best...you will pay for it.... not saying that the magnaflow stuff isn't good...but which would you rather have if you had a choice..(and you didn't mind spending the extra cash) thats all I'am saying. me personally..I'll save for the nicer stuff..besides the milltek exaust...SOUNDS killer. not too loud,just deep enough, not raspy...... sooooo perfect for our cars. IF i had the 05 M3 I would of done Milltek or Dinan exaust too. but thats just me.Nice car..nice parts.

tanklee
11-16-2006, 12:13 PM
umm....i dun think you can compare an sti to our b5s...

onemoremile
11-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Militant-Grunt

Like comparing a fat Harley with a Hayabusa. The STi has a boxer which is known for it's lumpy idle. An equal length header will make it sound more like a normal turbo car. With just a cat back it has a very distinct boxer 4 sound.

Militant-Grunt
11-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Monchichi8
Yes, they are..but super high quaility pieces. You want the best...you will pay for it.... not saying that the magnaflow stuff isn't good...but which would you rather have if you had a choice..(and you didn't mind spending the extra cash) thats all I'am saying. me personally..I'll save for the nicer stuff..besides the milltek exaust...SOUNDS killer. not too loud,just deep enough, not raspy...... sooooo perfect for our cars. IF i had the 05 M3 I would of done Milltek or Dinan exaust too. but thats just me.Nice car..nice parts.

Eh.. The thing is I'm looking for deep and throaty at the same time, with a fairly high decibel level to go along with it. Ideally I was thinking to just get a pipe as perfectly straight as possible from the cat to the muffler. Have a resonator delete.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2265009568489387528&q=audi+eisenmann+sound+clip&hl=en

From the looks of it that is the sport exhaust, id be going for the Race exhaust without the resonators, and possibly a high flow cat if I have enough money.

The thing about millitek is that it is too mellow, borla drones from what I heard.

Magnaflow would suit me pretty well from what I have seen from clips on their side, just too bad all the stuff is for a B6/ B7.

AudiA4_20T
11-17-2006, 04:15 AM
My turboback Borla sounded as mean as my friends Jetta VR6 with magnaflow