PDA

View Full Version : !!! My Most Recent CAPS Time !!!



marcini
11-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Since the submission data base doesn't work, I decided to post my new caps here

mods:

71r elimi
uni tune
atp mani
atp intake pipe
spp intercooler
borla
H2O/meth injection

all on 2000 atw qm (018p ecu)

I got 4.42s caps at about 50* ambient temps and 19psi. I ran twice and got the same results.



marcin

Don Supreme
11-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Good job Marcin.......

It has been a long journey!

b00st
11-15-2006, 03:17 PM
good numbers bro! [up]
must be runnin real good!

marcini
11-15-2006, 03:38 PM
it pulls pretty nice I have to say.

mike-2ptzero
11-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Great #'s. Any chance to hit the drags before the end of the year or are they closed already?

maxspeed
11-15-2006, 04:43 PM
napierville in montreal is still open, so id assume englishtown is still open..

zrowcool
11-15-2006, 05:23 PM
englishtown is usually open all year round while weather permits. test n tune i think is wednesdays and fridays from like 5-11 if they havent changed it. nice speed, makes me wanna build up my atw a bit more.

marcini
11-15-2006, 05:55 PM
english town sucks ass, if you get 3 runs then you're lucky, i might go to Island dragway this sun, but that all depends.
I did go to e town last friday, but i went there with a boost leak, and i didnt even know until i ran third time, and i acutally looked at the boost gauge and was getting 15psi tops by like 6k rpms, my hose poped off on the compressor, not entirely just a bit. So while should be getting 23psi i was hitting 15, but i still managed to run 13.4s with 1.8 60'. Ran only 3 times, with 2 hour brakes in between, way too many cars in etown.

audisnapr
11-15-2006, 06:45 PM
damn dude - so what made the most significant change for you? you were so down on UNI there for a while. was it their updated programming or did you do something different? what boost were you running with those numbes?

Don Supreme
11-16-2006, 04:38 AM
He has been updated twice...... I think he likes this last revision.

marcini
11-16-2006, 05:28 AM
yeah i think the latest revision made significant difference, at least in my head, Mike Z. did some work on the timing, because that was my biggest concern. I was getting all that timing pull, and it was pissing me off.
I did a 3 gear pull yesterday at ~23psi with 2* advanced timing in lemi, and was getting about 0.8*-2.3* timing pull which is great.
Currently I'm on the third tune.

Those caps that I posted, I got them at 19psi

mike-2ptzero
11-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Glad to see that they have a good tune now for your car. Let us know how you do at the track this weekend. I am also heading to the track this weekend but might not be able to run the car at 100% since they will kick me off the track if I run faster then 11.5, but I guess I can always run balls out on the last run to see what it can do at Fontana(damn up hill track now).

marcini
11-16-2006, 07:54 AM
good luck Mike,

Im not sure how many runs i'll able to get this sunday, since it's the last day of the season for this track that i'm going to, and it might be pretty packed.

audisnapr
11-16-2006, 08:00 AM
guess I need to contact sean and see if the software you guys have is indeed the exact same as what I'm running - meaning I need to see if this new update with work with the GT28rs setup. Other than the timing pull, it feels really strong. I also used Lemi to advance 2* on mine, but I'm still in the 4-6CF at the top for now.

mike-2ptzero
11-16-2006, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by marcini
good luck Mike,

Im not sure how many runs i'll able to get this sunday, since it's the last day of the season for this track that i'm going to, and it might be pretty packed.


Well you only need 1-2 good runs. Just be glad you dont have 80-90 deg temps in the winter.[mad]


Nice thing about this weekend for me is that it is an IDRC 2 day event, they allow you to practice all day saturday even between qualifying runs in the "heads up" classes.

marcini
11-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by mike-2ptzero
Well you only need 1-2 good runs. Just be glad you dont have 80-90 deg temps in the winter.[mad]


Nice thing about this weekend for me is that it is an IDRC 2 day event, they allow you to practice all day saturday even between qualifying runs in the "heads up" classes.


I know 1-2 runs, but i'm a rookie at this drag racing deal, and tend to screw up something usually, miss a second or third gear or my launch, even though my launches's been pretty decent, all in 1.8s, but that's not good enough for me, gotta do better. So i'm hoping that i'll get at least 2 good runs.

Anyway good luck this weekend.

Marcin

marcini
11-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by audisnapr
guess I need to contact sean and see if the software you guys have is indeed the exact same as what I'm running - meaning I need to see if this new update with work with the GT28rs setup. Other than the timing pull, it feels really strong. I also used Lemi to advance 2* on mine, but I'm still in the 4-6CF at the top for now.

why would you increase timing if the ecu is pulling it back, I only did that, because i was runing some mixture of 100 and 93 plus meth/h2o.

you should call sean and get the same update that he sent me, should work really good for you, since you're runing a full kit.

ModifiedA4
11-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by marcini
Since the submission data base doesn't work, I decided to post my new caps here

btw, i got the submission to the caps database. so it is working...in fact i see you tried 6 times :)

ill post the results as soon as i can.

marcini
11-16-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by ModifiedA4
btw, i got the submission to the caps database. so it is working...in fact i see you tried 6 times :)

ill post the results as soon as i can.

so did you get all 6 or just the one from today that went thru?

ModifiedA4
11-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by marcini
so did you get all 6 or just the one from today that went thru?

i got a bunch from yesterday @ 4:50pm and one from today at 9:30.

what wasnt working?

audisnapr
11-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by marcini
why would you increase timing if the ecu is pulling it back, I only did that, because i was runing some mixture of 100 and 93 plus meth/h2o.

you should call sean and get the same update that he sent me, should work really good for you, since you're runing a full kit.

sorry, meant -2* cause I was still seeing 5 and 7 CF's

01'A41.8T
11-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by marcini
Since the submission data base doesn't work, I decided to post my new caps here

mods:

71r elimi
uni tune
atp mani
atp intake pipe
spp intercooler
borla
H2O/meth injection

all on 2000 atw qm (018p ecu)

I got 4.42s caps at about 50* ambient temps and 19psi. I ran twice and got the same results.


marcin

Congrats, you got me .02. I have basically the exact same setup. Its good to see consistancy. I havnt logged since my meth though.

marcini
11-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by ModifiedA4
i got a bunch from yesterday @ 4:50pm and one from today at 9:30.

what wasnt working?

it wouldn't submit, and I wasn't getting the confirmation page, but instead i was getting "can not open this page" the page when you have no internet connection.

aRIf
11-16-2006, 10:37 AM
that's a nice number. I should try too.

ModifiedA4
11-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by marcini
it wouldn't submit, and I wasn't getting the confirmation page, but instead i was getting "can not open this page" the page when you have no internet connection.

strange...ok...ill have to look into it.

audisnapr
11-16-2006, 02:34 PM
^^ same exact thing when I was trying to post to your page as well a few weeks back - that's why you got 4 submittals from me

bOOOOstedAudi
11-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by marcini
Since the submission data base doesn't work, I decided to post my new caps here

mods:

71r elimi
uni tune
atp mani
atp intake pipe
spp intercooler
borla
H2O/meth injection

all on 2000 atw qm (018p ecu)

I got 4.42s caps at about 50* ambient temps and 19psi. I ran twice and got the same results.



marcin
thanks the water meth for that

mike-2ptzero
11-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by bOOOOstedAudi
thanks the water meth for that


LOL, like the 50 deg temps didn't have anything to do with it.[:p]

94jedi
11-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Damn, nice times....

marcini
11-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by bOOOOstedAudi
thanks the water meth for that

i dont think my H2O/meth made such a difference in power, I know for a fact that the lower ambient temps help it to achieve a quicker spool, but i'm pretty sure that the methanol injection helped my timing pull a little.

94jedi
11-17-2006, 09:01 AM
^ well, wouldn't timing be pulled by either higher IAT's or too much boost?

marcini
11-17-2006, 09:25 AM
yes either or

Don Supreme
11-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by 94jedi
^ well, wouldn't timing be pulled by either higher IAT's or too much boost?

It is believed that IAT readings have no bearing on timing pull. It's complicated, but just thought I would mention it.

xr4tic
11-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Don Supreme
It is believed that IAT readings have no bearing on timing pull. It's complicated, but just thought I would mention it.

that is a wrong belief :)

Timing will be retarded as your intake temps increase.

marcini
11-17-2006, 02:34 PM
i was always convinced of that.

Sean where did you hear that?

mike-2ptzero
11-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by xr4tic
that is a wrong belief :)

Timing will be retarded as your intake temps increase.


True but that is usually done in the ecu on the timing maps. So when the IAT's go up the timing decreases but shouldn't be seen on the block where you read timing CF. This is exactly why the car has a IAT sensor.

There are many factors that come into play to increase the "timing CF" readings. Even knock voltage reading doesn't have a direct effect on timing being pulled.

BranCKY3
11-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Booo... I can't get under 4.5 seconds, my last log was 4.53 again like last time. Temps here were 48degrees, and I'm getting throttle cut at 6400 rpm for some reason [confused] My car has a diode and the MAF isn't maxing out so I don't know why it would close the throttle? I didn't bother to upload it since it's the same as my last time, but I did upload a low boost time done on 12psi.

xr4tic
11-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by mike-2ptzero
True but that is usually done in the ecu on the timing maps. So when the IAT's go up the timing decreases but shouldn't be seen on the block where you read timing CF. This is exactly why the car has a IAT sensor.

There are many factors that come into play to increase the "timing CF" readings. Even knock voltage reading doesn't have a direct effect on timing being pulled.

Of course it's done in the ECU, where else would it be done?

There is a main timing map, that is your base timing.

Then there are timing modifer maps to modify timing based on things like Coolant Temp, Air Temp, knock sensor, etc, etc

mike-2ptzero
11-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by xr4tic
Of course it's done in the ECU, where else would it be done?

There is a main timing map, that is your base timing.

Then there are timing modifer maps to modify timing based on things like Coolant Temp, Air Temp, knock sensor, etc, etc


I dont know, maybe the tuning fairy in the glove box.[;)]

Just meant that the adjustments for IAT readings are done automaticly by the ecu and not part of the CF corrections.

ModifiedA4
11-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by marcini
Since the submission data base doesn't work...

I updated the status page and it working very well now. CAPS ON! [up] [:D]

updated status form:
http://www.modifieda4.com/images/random-pics/caps_status_v2.sized.jpg

94jedi
11-25-2006, 04:44 PM
I did a log today....and it returned a ~2.5 caps time. I don't know WTF happened but the car hauled ass. I immediately backed it up with a 5.05 time so I didn't submit either....not sure wtf happ'd w/ my logging.

BranCKY3
11-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Maybe your computer froze for a second. Anyway, my low boost time is up, hooray! 12psi = k04 eater haha.

Don Supreme
11-26-2006, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by xr4tic
that is a wrong belief :)

Timing will be retarded as your intake temps increase.

You can read it in the motoronic manual. I am too lazy to link to it, maybe some other time.