PDA

View Full Version : why do i keep blowing my left tail light??

Ado
11-15-2006, 12:41 PM
with in 2-3 i have replaces my left tail light about 5 times now. has this happened to anybody else or is it my car.
could it be that whole part where the light bulbs go in to almost like an electrical bord that snaps on to the tail light. is driving me crazy. and i dont want to get pulled over for a stupid tail light. help????
[confused] [headbang]

1 ate T
11-15-2006, 12:53 PM
could be shorting out..

is any water getting in the housing?

Ado
11-15-2006, 01:09 PM
no water.

1 ate T
11-15-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm pretty sure it was a freak thing or something, but my right tail light kept shorting out and the fuse would blow.. I realized that the fuses I was getting were really thin.. (cheap crap basically)

i doubt that's your problem tho

maxspeed
11-15-2006, 02:35 PM
maybe the wires loose

MR VTEC
11-15-2006, 02:37 PM
it not a freak thing.
My driver light keeps blowing as well.
Riding dirty and broken tail light = asking for trouble.

Any way i put in the wrong bulb once and it shorted making both connector touch (tailight and braking light metal connectors) which started the whole problem.

I have been searching for some one who totalled their car for theirs but no luck so far. [:(]

Ado
11-15-2006, 06:37 PM
yea i dont think its a short cuz i'm not blowing the fuses, my bolbs dont blow up with in a day or so. they almost go out like with in a week or so. the first time it happened my bolb like melted crating a hole in it. i was weird. i didn’t mess with the fuses but i'll take a look at them. The connection is all good. I’ll look at it all this weekend and see what’s up.
yea i dont want to get pulled over for some stupid tail light. any help would be grate guys. Thanks.

Ado
11-16-2006, 08:14 AM
ok i just blew a bolb yesterday. yea it sucks.
when i pulled the bold out the discoloration in side is this creamy color standing only on two sides that are opposite of each other.
i had residue of plastic that was burned from my lenses on the out side a little bit. on the inside the two wires that connect almost like the bridge, they dont crack. that are still in place but there is black residue right under them and on the bottom of the bolb. Its driving me crazy now. If I had a shot wouldn’t it be blowing up with in mins? At this point im just considering of going to the dealer and buy a new bolb holder that sits in the taillights.
Any help would be grate. Thanks guys.

offroader1006
11-16-2006, 08:31 AM
parts store brand or OEM?

Ado
11-16-2006, 11:19 AM
it would be from the dealer. so OEM parts. its about $26

MR VTEC
11-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Ado
yea i dont think its a short cuz i'm not blowing the fuses, my bolbs dont blow up with in a day or so. they almost go out like with in a week or so. the first time it happened my bolb like melted crating a hole in it. i was weird. i didn’t mess with the fuses but i'll take a look at them. The connection is all good. I’ll look at it all this weekend and see what’s up.
yea i dont want to get pulled over for some stupid tail light. any help would be grate guys. Thanks.
i don't have blown fuses either...