PDA

View Full Version : New toy to perk-up my 2871R....



TighTT
11-13-2006, 06:23 PM
My new DUH intercooler came in Saturday and I began the install. I had to make some modifications due to my turbo setup/Dahlback intake manifold as well as my RS4 bumper. The DUH unit is an incredible piece.....the craftsmanship is outstanding. I still need to tweek the positioning a little bit but I thought I would share some pics with you guys.

Old vs. new:
http://images19.fotki.com/v358/photos/2/232908/896907/DSC_0344-vi.jpg?1163470000

http://images19.fotki.com/v27/photos/2/232908/896907/DSC_0345-vi.jpg?1163470015

http://images19.fotki.com/v33/photos/2/232908/896907/DSC_0348-vi.jpg?1163470053

http://images19.fotki.com/v359/photos/2/232908/896907/DSC_0349-vi.jpg?1163470070

http://images19.fotki.com/v359/photos/2/232908/896907/DSC_0350-vi.jpg?1163470086

http://images19.fotki.com/v359/photos/2/232908/896907/DSC_0351-vi.jpg?1163470110

MultiAudis
11-13-2006, 06:30 PM
dizzamn thats nice.. I love those airflow guides

Diesel_A4
11-13-2006, 06:34 PM
niiiiice...hey..what you doin with that old front mount ;)

<~~ guy from QTP

Monchichi8
11-13-2006, 06:39 PM
wow..nice piece.

Lazer Viking
11-13-2006, 06:48 PM
noiceeeeeeee

TighTT
11-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Diesel_A4
niiiiice...hey..what you doin with that old front mount ;)

<~~ guy from QTP



Selling it!

onemoremile
11-13-2006, 07:01 PM
It looks great. What bumper did they design it for? S4?

sean1.8t
11-13-2006, 07:11 PM
DUH makes some dope shit for sure. but i say dude you must have some real cheese to through around. cause his stuff isn't cheap and is that a dahlbak intake manifold? why on earth did you buy that?

Diesel_A4
11-13-2006, 07:12 PM
sent you a pm!

k0mpresd
11-13-2006, 07:13 PM
wiggins clamps pwn

TighTT
11-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by sean1.8t
DUH makes some dope shit for sure. but i say dude you must have some real cheese to through around. cause his stuff isn't cheap and is that a dahlbak intake manifold? why on earth did you buy that?

I got the FMIC for a good deal IMO. As for the Dahlback intake manifold....I *LOVE* the DB intake mani on my TT...made a huge difference. I bought this one used, again, for a good price. Once we finish my custom tune I beleive it will take full advantage of the manifold. I beleive it will have a good effect on performance...no matter what others say. Just by looking at the stock vs. DB you can see how much material is removed and smoothed on the runners.

sean1.8t
11-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by TighTT
I got the FMIC for a good deal IMO. As for the Dahlback intake manifold....I *LOVE* the DB intake mani on my TT...made a huge difference. I bought this one used, again, for a good price. Once we finish my custom tune I beleive it will take full advantage of the manifold. I beleive it will have a good effect on performance...no matter what others say. Just by looking at the stock vs. DB you can see how much material is removed and smoothed on the runners.

well thats cool man.. i need to find some of these good deals you keep getting [:)]

lude2euroa4
11-13-2006, 07:24 PM
looks good, like always :) cant wait to see it with the bumper on.

whats up with the pes t28?

as for you having 12 posts... wtf?

Diesel_A4
11-13-2006, 07:46 PM
how much u lookin to get for the old one?!

TighTT
11-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by lude2euroa4
looks good, like always :) cant wait to see it with the bumper on.

whats up with the pes t28?

as for you having 12 posts... wtf?

T28 is sitting here....e-mail me!

soupie69uk
11-14-2006, 01:47 AM
That looks really nice.

Whats the cost on one of these fmic's?

I guess S4/RS4 bumper is needed for it to fit?


Also what is that silver pipe infront of the drivers side wheel?

http://images19.fotki.com/v359/photos/2/232908/896907/DSC_0351-vi.jpg?1163470110

Cheers.

a4cefed
11-14-2006, 06:48 AM
wow thats nice

onemoremile
11-14-2006, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by onemoremile
What bumper did they design it for? S4?


Which bumper? DUH's site is down. All I get is a hosting company. Either they moved their virtual selves or they forgot to pay the bill.

That little heat exchanger in front of the wheel is a cooler for either the power steering fluid or the engine oil. One for each would be perfect. [wrench]

bassed
11-14-2006, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by soupie69uk
That looks really nice.

Whats the cost on one of these fmic's?

I guess S4/RS4 bumper is needed for it to fit?


Also what is that silver pipe infront of the drivers side wheel?

.

899 w/out wiggins
1000 w/ wiggins clamps

TighTT
11-14-2006, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by onemoremile
Which bumper? DUH's site is down. All I get is a hosting company. Either they moved their virtual selves or they forgot to pay the bill.

That little heat exchanger in front of the wheel is a cooler for either the power steering fluid or the engine oil. One for each would be perfect. [wrench]

The cooler is for power steering.

onemoremile
11-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Which bumper?

lude2euroa4
11-14-2006, 08:19 AM
hes got rs4, last time i saw the car, before that he had s4, maybe hes going rs4 now :)?

onemoremile
11-14-2006, 09:25 AM
I can see what bumper he has. I've seen plenty of pics of the car. For the fourth or fifth time, what bumper is that FMIC designed for?

lude2euroa4
11-14-2006, 09:29 AM
my bad just trying to help,

i would assume thats built for s4, way to big to fit behind a4.

who pissed in your cornflakes today mile? I see your having a bad day reading your posts for today.

TighTT
11-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by onemoremile
I can see what bumper he has. I've seen plenty of pics of the car. For the fourth or fifth time, what bumper is that FMIC designed for?

Its designed for the S4 front bumper. I am having a real tuff time getting my Reiger RS4 to fit. I have had to trim the shit out of it (even more trimming than with the Greddy FMIC and I STILL cant get the support holes to line up! Sh*t! [mad] Anyone have an OEM RS4 front bumper for sale?? [:)]

onemoremile
11-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks.[:D]

mike-2ptzero
11-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TighTT
Its designed for the S4 front bumper. I am having a real tuff time getting my Reiger RS4 to fit. I have had to trim the shit out of it (even more trimming than with the Greddy FMIC and I STILL cant get the support holes to line up! Sh*t! [mad] Anyone have an OEM RS4 front bumper for sale?? [:)]


Why not go back to the S4 bumper and modify it? I still think a modified S4 bumper looks best, but I guess thats because I have one on my car. [:D]
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/2716Euro_plate_002.jpg

ActiveMonkey
11-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by bassed
899 w/out wiggins
1000 w/ wiggins clamps

That's not too bad at all.

AudiA4_20T
11-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Hey HighTT I was there at Edgewater awhile back... Did you get that idling issue figured out? Good luck with the FMIC cant wait to see it

wzmivan
11-23-2006, 12:53 AM
Want to sell the wiggins clamps with the ferules alone? how many pieces are there? drop me a PM. Am interested if somebody wants the FMIC without the clamps

bitterchild
11-23-2006, 10:15 AM
are you kidding? go get your own wiggins retail