PDA

View Full Version : looking for new coilovers

93///318
11-06-2006, 08:28 PM
I've had bilstein pss9's on my car for a few months and during that time i wasnt really driving the car everyday, but more recentely i have been and probably will be more so for a daily driver for awhile. I like the pss9's but the are a bit too stiff for every day for me and the roads around here. They are okay on decent roads and smooth bumps, but the sharp bumps and edges of cement and such are harsh.
I was about to go for the Stasis Streetsports while they were on sale, but i've missed the sale. There are a few other options now since they are all around the same price again. There's the Vogtland's, Eibach and the standard Koni's, I'm leaning away from Bilstein and H&R at the moment.

hk300
11-07-2006, 09:59 PM
The PSS9 are monotubes and may be a little bouncy on bad roads. The H&R are very alike the PSS.

If you want something for daily driving, go for the Koni or KW.

93///318
11-08-2006, 06:14 PM
I ended up going with the Stasis Streetsports. They've been shipped today, thanks again Jeremy.

Jim

quattshot
11-19-2006, 08:20 AM
H&R's are super soft.
Get em.

They were great on a GTI that I had last year but IMO the A4 needs higher spring rates due to the weight of our cars. You will be happy with a H&R Cup Kit.

EBG 18T
11-20-2006, 04:29 PM
STaSIS StreetSports are a nice balance of everyday comfort and weekend performance. Match them up with a H-Sport rear bar (leave the front stock) and i will make a nice package.