PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice...

dcampana
11-06-2006, 04:21 PM
I have an 01 A4 quattro and I am looking for some more power. Its too much of a dog. I have had it about 5 months now and enough is enough. Its my first turbo car, so i am looking for the best bets for power for initial mods with out cracking the motor open. I would like to keep the bottom end stock and go with what ever bolt on I can (within reason obviously). Its my daily driver so I want to keep the motor together as long as possible. Just a little too much of a dog for me...

Any help is appreciated.

BTW, the forums are great, just way too many for me to go through and read. I can spend a lifetime on here and still have threads to view.

Thanks for you time...[confused]

quattrosedan
11-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Well, your possibilities are pretty vast. It all depends on how much money you want to spend.
You can go basic with a chip/dv and gain about 40hp for 600$
Or you can go a little more with a ko4 setup and gain up to 100hp for about 1500-2000.
Next is a bt setup, and if you wanna keep everything close to stock, use an eliminator hardware setup from atp or rennart, but I don't recommend atp's mika software. That along with a fmic will run you anywhere from 2800-4000, depending on what supporting mods you get. That will get you gains of up to 200hp.
And there are still more and more options.
Specify how much you really wanna spend and you will have better responses.

dcampana
11-06-2006, 04:43 PM
thank you for the quick reply..

As of now, I will stick with mods under $1,000... I am still not sure how much I want to put into this car. As it will be going to one of my kids here soon. I have my heart on the rs4, which will happen Spring of 2007...

So best bang for the buck around a grand....

thanks again..

Brooksthepro
11-06-2006, 04:45 PM
chip it.....DO IT

dcampana
11-06-2006, 04:48 PM
I guess I am looking for best product as well. What should I get? APR? GIAC? I am new to the Audi scene so i am not sure of the different makes. So, I guess as a rookie, looking for marginal/ high gains, what for the little amount I am willing to throw out, is the best bet? Sorry for the ignorance all...

Brooksthepro
11-06-2006, 04:49 PM
since ur an 01 u should get the giac-x its suppost to be the best one for the 2001

MultiAudis
11-06-2006, 07:57 PM
^^^ there it is, thread is over

burner799
11-06-2006, 08:06 PM
yea, or you can try and find a chip or chipped ecu in the classifides and save some money then do intake (order the heatsheild in the classifides) diverter valve, possibly exhaust.......

Lazer Viking
11-06-2006, 09:15 PM
your getting an rs4 in a couple of months ? just deal with it for a little longer...your kids dont need more power anyway

loustylez
11-07-2006, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by pacman
your getting an rs4 in a couple of months ? just deal with it for a little longer...your kids dont need more power anyway
why would you say something like that. are you even thinking about the car's feelings? don't you realize she's desperately wanting more power? do you just think about yourself all the time?

this relationship is through...

dcampana
11-07-2006, 08:12 AM
I still want more power. The a4 is slow. Period. So, no matter what, I am looking for more. I will be driving it every so often as well, or for that matter, my wife. We are spoiled and the a4 just does not cut it right now. So no matter what i am buying at a later date, I would like more power. The odometer reads 101,000 and the timing belt was just replaced. It had a full service done at Audi. So the car, well she is ready....

Lazer Viking
11-07-2006, 09:22 AM
sorry, i misunderstood, i thought you were just looking for more mods to make way fazt carzzzz, but yea giac chip, and either a forge dv or a 710, if your only chipping a 710 will do...i also think you would be happy with a k04 upgrade, it would be right up your alley but i dont know if your willing to spend that much

iowaboostin
11-07-2006, 09:28 AM
GIAC-x chip, 710n diverter valve, boost gauge, test pipe/high-flow cat, short shifter = ~$1000. It'll feel like a different car.

dcampana
11-07-2006, 09:29 AM
i am going through the classifieds to see whats out there... If I keep it, KO4 will be done. For the meantime, just minor junk "basic bolt ons", then I will play later. I really am not sure if the oldest wants the A4 to drive now. He has the option of the A4 or my Datsun 510... The A4 is bone stock and the 510, well, nothing stock about it...