PDA

View Full Version : Car Magazine reports more details of upcoming A5 coupe

neoprufrok
10-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Car Magazine released some spyshots of the Audi S5 coupe. They talk about various things including the engine variants and the fact the engine will be back further behind the front axles. In the article, they mention the S5 Coupe variant which they think will get a 353hp V8, up from the 340hp currently in the S4.

Link to Car Magazine Article Found here.. at German Car Daily News (http://caraddiction.blogspot.com/2006/10/preview-audi-a5-coupe-car-magazine.html)

Tanner
10-27-2006, 11:36 AM
"The engine is shunted back in the nose, although the front overhang is nowhere near BMW-short. Insiders promise that the juggling of components like the clutch and differential, plus a new suspension design and steering rack, should ensure MLB-based cars feel more agile."

Wonder how much farther back and what that means really in terms of weight distribution. Can't see it being too close to 50/50 but maybe somewhere between 55/45 to 59/41.

neoprufrok
10-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Either way, I think it'll be better especially in the RS5 which is rumored to be happening.

4-tified
10-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Tanner
"The engine is shunted back in the nose, although the front overhang is nowhere near BMW-short. Insiders promise that the juggling of components like the clutch and differential, plus a new suspension design and steering rack, should ensure MLB-based cars feel more agile."

Wonder how much farther back and what that means really in terms of weight distribution. Can't see it being too close to 50/50 but maybe somewhere between 55/45 to 59/41.

I think it'll be great as well. Any movement of weight towards the center is a positive thing for better handling.

Also, the added bonus is not just a better weight distribution front to rear, but by simply moving weight back behind the front axle improves the feel and intertial effects in handling. Instead of the weight leading the steering axis trying to in effect "pull" the car straight while the wheels say "turn", now the wheels say "turn" and the weight can follow rather than lead.
Along with the engine moved back an in a better position so too the gear box and it's weight moves back. It's all good. [:D]

.:AJ:.
10-28-2006, 11:24 PM
when they say "juggling of components like the clutch and differential" does that mean they might be tweaking the point where the clutch engages? as in they might make the clutch engage sooner? god i hope so if they did i would all over it

AAAA4
10-29-2006, 07:56 PM
I am glad they are having a 2 door coupe besides the TT and the A4 cab. i like it

SoonerE39
10-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Here is another article I found on it with somem spyshots:
Another A5 article with pics (http://euroautoforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=231&st=0&#entry924)