PDA

View Full Version : Foamage

chuckievi
10-26-2006, 05:04 PM
So I have read several writeups on seafoam, and I have a quick question regarding it. I understand it can potentially help with my sticky lifters, but which part of the process is going to fix that? The seafoam in the oil portion? Or the part of the process when you suck it into the vac line?

thanks

onemoremile
10-26-2006, 05:15 PM
in the oil. sticky lifters are in the head. to fix them you pour the seafoam into the head.

chuckievi
10-26-2006, 05:17 PM
So I thought but hoped against. Seeing as how I did the oil/gas treatment but forgot to do the vac line. If 1 treatment didn't work think another would help at all?

10-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Through the vac lines dump about half the bottle. That'll clean out the carbon buildup in the intake runners.
Dump the rest into the crankcase and run the car. 25-50 miles should be good. Some people say its too thin but I havent had any problems. After you run it for a while, drain it all out and put new oil in. See if that helps.

chuckievi
10-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Well thats what I did with the oil and it didn't help any. I am running 0w-40 though, and I am told thats too thin for Iowa, so maybe i'll toss some foam into my oil on Friday and change my oil out for some 5w-30 on Sat. I can't afford to break this baby for at least 6 more months heh.

ModifiedA4
10-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by chuckievi
Well thats what I did with the oil and it didn't help any. I am running 0w-40 though, and I am told thats too thin for Iowa, so maybe i'll toss some foam into my oil on Friday and change my oil out for some 5w-30 on Sat. I can't afford to break this baby for at least 6 more months heh.

umm 40wieght oil is thicker than 30wieght.

chuckievi
10-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Wow yeah it is, musta been doing crack yesterday. That whole post doesn't make sense.

So back on thinking terms, if I have sticky lifters am I better off with thicker or thinner oil?