PDA

View Full Version : The most ghetto thing you've done to your B5

94jedi
10-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Ok, we've all done it. ALL OF US. So fess up here. What's the most ghetto thing you've done to your B5 A4?

I'll start off:

When I was installing my 630 cc Siemens Deka injectors, I was bolting the fuel rail back in and when I did the front alen bolt, I cross threaded the shit out of it. I figured I could put a few washers to space it out so it wouldn't be loose and that way I wouldn't have to tighten it to much. Anyway, I went one turn too many and sheared the head off the bolt. My solution? JB WELD BIATCHES![:D] It's holding perfect so far....but when I need to remove the rail[=(] [wrench] I"m in trouble.

arizona steve
10-19-2006, 06:51 PM
the ghetto cluster**** that is holding my window up right now without window reg' clips.

no door panel, a combo of twine, zip ties, a stick, electric tape, a little metal doo-dad, and some skateboard pieces.

booyah.

20A4Audi1.8t01
10-19-2006, 06:54 PM
I got nothin... haha

LateraLex
10-19-2006, 06:57 PM
My glovebox would vibrate at high speed so I wedged a little piece of cardboard in there to stop the rattle [:p]

94jedi
10-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by arizona steve
the ghetto cluster**** that is holding my window up right now without window reg' clips.

no door panel, a combo of twine, zip ties, a stick, electric tape, a little metal doo-dad, and some skateboard pieces.

booyah.

that is some serious ghetto engineering. I love it. [up]

ExpLlclT
10-19-2006, 07:01 PM
oh man these aregood i wanna see pics.

burner799
10-19-2006, 07:02 PM
When my window reg went, I stuck a piece of wood in there to hold it up while my new one was being shipped. I broke a piece of my center console cause a screw wouldnt come out and now there is a gaping hole so i just moved the seat up a bit and it covers it lol....hellsa ghetto but you cant see it, plastic welded the clips together too.

BranCKY3
10-19-2006, 07:09 PM
My MAF is wrapped in electrical tape so my air filter fits, it's a tiny bit too big without the tape on.

Starting
10-19-2006, 07:10 PM
My outer passenger door handle only works about %25 of the time. I bent the crap out of reinstalling it after paint. They are such a pain in the a$$ to do.

Yuikio
10-19-2006, 07:10 PM
To make my gas pedal return to the perfect height to heel-and-toe, I used a nylon washer and a perfectly sized spring to set the throttle cable. It works amazingly well, although I have this sneaking feeling I'm not getting to WOT. I should log it. I will next time I drive it.

I've got some floor mats out of a 4000 and I'm pretty sure my lock carrier is missing a bolt. My radar detector hardwire is pretty low-rent, but it looks good and works well.

arizona steve
10-19-2006, 07:19 PM
how do the floormats out of the 4k fit?

i want to get some rubber all weather mats but at 80 bucks a pop it seems shitty to pay for...haha

oh yea, and i have a ****ing rip in my ass section of my drivers seat...it bugs the shit out of me so i patched it with a piece of leather from a craft store; but it soooooo doesnt stay on/match the pattern.

...someone hook it up with a replacement.

arizona steve
10-19-2006, 07:19 PM
as you can tell my car is in dire need of attention and is begining to show its age.

depressing.

CaSp3r9
10-19-2006, 07:32 PM
The outlet on the cone type K&N air filter I bought for my custom CAI was too big so I had to somehow make the outside of my MAF bigger so that the air filter would clamp on to it. I came arcoss an 18" section of coaxial wire and decided to wrap it around the end of my MAF, taped it on with some electrical tape slid my air filter over it and tightened it down. It works perfectly and you can't see it so you can't tell my Audi is a ghetto POS hahah

SoFresh
10-19-2006, 07:39 PM
This isnt something that ive done that was ghetto, but once when I was driving on the highway, I huge bird flew down in front of my car, and then flew under the car, and i heard a loud squaking noise, 10 minutes later my car dies, and ran out of gas... come to find out that the bird had to of hit under the car near the gas pump because the hose clamp was knocked off and my car drained all its gas out. So I walked to the nearest gas station, since I had no cell phone service (10 miles later and back) I could only find some zip ties at the gas station, so that had to hold the hose up to the gas pump until I got home, lol. Whatever works.

1a9u9d8i
10-19-2006, 07:48 PM
i wanted my licence plate lights to look "blue." and i couldnt find the right bulb at an auto parts store so i colored my bulbs blue with a sharpie. LOL it still works and looks good tho so im not complaining....

Yuikio
10-19-2006, 08:23 PM

i want to get some rubber all weather mats but at 80 bucks a pop it seems shitty to pay for...haha

You don't need all-weather mats. You only have one season.

You can tell they aren't stock, but they're the exact same color as the carpet and they say "quattro" on them, so I'm not complaining. They fit fine.

arizona steve
10-19-2006, 08:26 PM
word

i dont need all weathers but i DO need replacements for my stock ones. the clips are gone so they are always moving around...and the backing part of them is torn and theres ALWAYS black stuff in my carpeting from it shedding apart...

plus the rubber shit keeps dirt in easier...my friends are dirty ****s and always get dirt from their shoes etc on the ground when they get in.

got a picture of them?

4ringAR
10-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Wal-Mart 7$ rubber floor mats FTW!!!

lude2euroa4
10-19-2006, 08:37 PM
ghetto uhh?

my control arms started to go so instead of getting new ones i took startings old ones since they didnt creak as much as mine, also is having one of the sway bar links snapped in half and driving like that good? yeah im ghetto underneath the flashy body work

arizona steve
10-19-2006, 08:38 PM
im gona have to pick up some wal mart mats for 7 bucks then! ha

it will go with the ghetto theme of my car. ****in aye.

4ringAR
10-19-2006, 08:41 PM
mine arnt actually that bad. they keep most of the dirt in it with deep sidewalls. only problem is that when trying to accelerate fast, sometimes the mat is too far forward and the accelerator pedal gets stopped by it, and then jumps when it slips past.

pictures of my mats:
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6554/dsc02386vr7.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/507/dsc02387zj1.jpg

fred2ka4
10-19-2006, 08:47 PM

oh yea, and i have a ****ing rip in my ass section of my drivers seat...it bugs the shit out of me so i patched it with a piece of leather from a craft store; but it soooooo doesnt stay on/match the pattern.

...someone hook it up with a replacement. Katskins sells replacement skins for all cars and all model, and it's real leather.

arizona steve
10-19-2006, 08:48 PM
how much does that run though?

its a bitch finding just a stock seat cover from a parted out car or something, or even an entire replacement seat.....ive been trying to find one forever.

fred2ka4
10-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by CaSp3r9
The outlet on the cone type K&N air filter I bought for my custom CAI was too big so I had to somehow make the outside of my MAF bigger so that the air filter would clamp on to it. I came arcoss an 18" section of coaxial wire and decided to wrap it around the end of my MAF, taped it on with some electrical tape slid my air filter over it and tightened it down. It works perfectly and you can't see it so you can't tell my Audi is a ghetto POS hahah

I had a friend that did the same thing and this it what happened. The tape heated up and started to peal away from the MAF and got sucked into his intake manifold, (his car was na) So be careful, or you might end up ..... [headbang]

fred2ka4
10-19-2006, 08:54 PM
how much does that run though?

its a bitch finding just a stock seat cover from a parted out car or something, or even an entire replacement seat.....ive been trying to find one forever.

Just google the name and you should be able to go online and get a price.

recordstyle
10-19-2006, 09:10 PM
i know snapr gets a kick out of ribbing me for them - but the first mod i did was "mandatory" mudguards for all 4 wheels. class-act car, ass-act mudguards. g.h.e.t.t.o.r.i.c.h.

in the freshness of newbness i called out "how dare audi not include them"...

well, they dared.

fred2ka4
10-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Here is the link for Katzkin:

http://www.katzkin.com/05/FC/mainFS.html

agentsmith988
10-19-2006, 09:20 PM
ive got a replacement passenger side ecode on the way because my current one is totally screwed up....its currently being held in place by electrical/duct tape

also, ran some crappy old wire to extend my keyless antenna all throughout the liner in the car...and it did next to nothing

pipe7284
10-19-2006, 09:33 PM
like many others, my rear pasanger side window is being held closed by a piece of wood.

k0mpresd
10-19-2006, 09:34 PM
my rear drivers door regulator just died last night...it still holds the window up though...vw/audi regulators are junk [mad]

burner799
10-19-2006, 09:45 PM
i forgot to ad. I ran 3 wires for an equalier, from the trunk. Equalizer wasn't working so i was too lazy to take wires out, they are still in there.

bassed
10-20-2006, 05:55 AM
I used an impact gun when my Drivers tranny mount was fuxxored to the bracket. Next tranny mount replacement gets a new bracket as well due to this. But in reality its not ghetto it was making the shitting mounting connection work the only way possible at that point.

AudiSport12
10-20-2006, 06:13 AM
when my turbo outlet hose was on order at audi for a couple days i took my old one off and duct taped over the huge crack to hold some of my boost in. worked suprisingly well, i held around 2 psi less than before the crack in the hose appeared. [drive] [:p]

MR VTEC
10-20-2006, 06:48 AM
i got a goose neck t.v. [:(] which happen to stop working last month. Marvelous because it's a gooseneck [rolleyes] and it stopped working for no reason [headbang]

jaredpgh
10-20-2006, 07:30 AM
i secured the fraying braided steel around my flex pipe with a welding rod. i wrapped it around and twisted the ends together. it's holding well!

i also painted my fog light lenses yellow with some tamiya clear acrylic paint instead of buying yellow bulbs. ($2.79>$25.00)

i also installed my own muffler and it's a bit crooked. the welds were some of my best mig welds so i'm reluctant to cut it down and level it.

when i did my timing belt the a/c belt tensioner's bearing was shot, so i re-packed it with grease to quiet it. only another 45k miles till i change the belt again and get a new tensioner.

Aliel
10-20-2006, 07:58 AM
I wraped some vacum lines with electrical tape to fix a vacum leak that I had.

I worked really well when the engine was cold, but ones it would heat up the tape would expand and I would start losing boost :).

I had it like that for two weeks till the new lines came in the mail.

Also I been driving with the Airgback/ABS/Brake lights on for like a month till my VAG-COM arrives and people are scared to get in my car because basically all the safety features are toasted.

mike-2ptzero
10-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Wired up a relay/breaker/switch to turn on my AC fan to suck air thru my fmic between runs causing it to cool much quicker. My AC fan was never being used since I no longer have AC so I thought I would do something to put it to good use.

audisnapr
10-20-2006, 08:39 AM
I have plenty - but this was takes the cake for me...

this was one of those times where I couldn't find the oil feed line supplied with the kit, so we had to rig something up during the install. Made a few trips to the local mom and pop hardware store and this is what we came up with.

http://public.visualrealms.com/audi2/gt28rs/oilfeed.jpg

marked001
10-20-2006, 08:48 AM
that is a thing of beauty! i dont know what you're talking about.

quattro_maniac
10-20-2006, 08:59 AM
made my own boost-gauge T-fitting out of plumbing hardware
sold drugs

audisnapr
10-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by recordstyle
i know snapr gets a kick out of ribbing me for them - but the first mod i did was "mandatory" mudguards for all 4 wheels. class-act car, ass-act mudguards. g.h.e.t.t.o.r.i.c.h.

in the freshness of newbness i called out "how dare audi not include them"...

well, they dared.

haha - what's a little love between fellow B5 owners [;)] But in all seriousness - you really need to get some chrome Yosemite Sams with his guns-a-blaze'n on there.

hey4
10-20-2006, 09:27 AM
I installed upgraded speakes in the front. Way bigger. No new brakets so I had to cut the old ones. That's not the sad part. Then I had troulbe getting the door to close so I had to cut off some of the liner on the bottom. Now when you ride in it with shorts you can feel a cold breeze by your feet even in some hot weather

docurley
10-20-2006, 09:42 AM
My passenger handle cover would not stay on because one of the clips had broken so I used some double sided No Nails tape and it aint moved since.[:D]

Sal R.
10-20-2006, 09:49 AM
My intake.

A hacked up airbox w/ an autozone riceriffic cone intake and a 3" MAF stuffed inside.

sk8rtilldie
10-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by 94jedi
What's the most ghetto thing you've done to your B5 A4?

BOV...lol

94jedi
10-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by sk8rtilldie
BOV...lol

hahahaa...you win![:D]

chuckievi
10-20-2006, 01:02 PM
My dog ran off with the metal clip when I was putting my lower radiator hose back on, so I ghetto rigged it with zip ties and duct tape.

course I finally found the metal clip a week later.

4ringAR
10-20-2006, 01:17 PM
i find it funny how we are tossing the word "ghetto" around our AUDI'S

94jedi
10-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by 4Ring_Jelly
i find it funny how we are tossing the word "ghetto" around our AUDI'S

that might not fit in the b6 or b7 forum but around here, ghetto fits quite nicely lol, myself included. We call it ghetto engineering, b6/b7's may call it "Improvisation" or "MacGuyver'ing".

AAQSC
10-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Some good stories there guys.

Let my Ex's mom use my Avant to help move some stuff. She broke off the cigarette lighter in the trunk area behind the seats. I just crammed it back in and hope it stays in.

fred2ka4
10-20-2006, 01:57 PM
When I was having my piping made for my fmic, the shop lost one of the long bolts that holds on the bumper, so I used 2 big, long zip ties to hold the bumper til I got the new bolt. [:D]

greenz
10-20-2006, 02:22 PM
ran dual 2mm spacers up front to clear brakes / wheels... wasn't enough so shaved the caliper down 1/16". keep my sub box from moving with walmart tiedown straps. thats it.

a4cefed
10-20-2006, 04:14 PM
front bumper held in place by zip ties.
when i dont have the tools i need, i make things around the garage work [:D]

fred2ka4
10-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by r12055ma4play
front bumper held in place by zip ties.
when i dont have the tools i need, i make things around the garage work [:D]

Normally I try also to make other things work, but I was tired and none of the bolts I had were long enough or the right thread pitch. I zip tied it so it wouldn't fall off and 2 days later a replacement bolt from Audi took care of the problem. The car just sat in my garage til I replaced the bolt, but ghetto none the less [:D]

AudiSnawb
10-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Erghhh....... K ill fess up, some of you elders who have been here forever know I had.................................. eyelids.............. a LONG LONG time ago- so ghey.... so ghetto, I know....

RudeBwoi
10-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Installed my rear coils 1st and was sure as hell not going to try the fronts. Drove around for three weeks with my front in the air, and my rear rubbing, people would flash me because they thought my high beams were on. Then i paid to get the rears done.

SoFresh
10-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Someone already said it, but BOV for me too, lol (so what, I like the sound....)

bOOOOstedAudi
10-20-2006, 10:48 PM
my car is so damn ghetto i dont even know where to start lol. ****ed up all my fenders try to self roll them with a bat lol. at least it only the fronts

bOOOOstedAudi
10-20-2006, 11:22 PM
this is the ghetto-est thing i have ever done to my audihttp://www.dagimp.org/owned/riced_audi.jpg.jpg

OverSpun
10-21-2006, 12:57 AM
i had a reiger bodykit on my b5... that was the most ghetto thing. haha.