Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings Toppatop55's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2008 Audi A6 (C6) DRL out warning

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Need help diagnosing this issue. Two weeks ago the left side (driver side) DRL out warning lit up in the cluster display. Next day, I bought a bulb from my local Audi dealer and changed it. Started the car and the warning light came back. Drove the car for about 30 minutes and the warning light went away. Two days later it it came back on for a day then went away again. This morning on my way to work, the damn thing came back. It should be noted that the lights work all around the car. The only other thing is my battery is reading at 11.3 volts but the car still starts without issue. Any ideas what’s causing the car to give the drl out warning?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

First off good sir, if your battery is at 11.3V, it is bad. You should be at least around 12.5v for the car's electric systems to function. anything below that will cause random malfunctions- as appear to be happening. Remember the light-out function works by periodically sending voltage through the circuit and the car is measuring resistance along the path to determine if all bulbs are functioning. For that highly-sensitive test to work, the battery has to be fully charged.

If once with a fresh battery this problem SHOULD go away. If it does not, let us know and we can try to help you further. But replacing that battery should be your first step.

Good luck!
    07 A6 3.2- Out & In- Morimoto 5500k & Nokya 2500k, DeAutoLED Reverse, LP, & Footwells, Ziza Full Interior, 10" lo-pro Pioneer, Audi Aluminum Pedals
    Drivetrain & Suspension- Stoptech X-Drilled & Sport Pads, ST X-Coilovers, Hacked Airbox with aFe, Resonator Delete

"What is best in life? -Kill your enemies. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentation of their women" Conan the Barbarian

Active Member Two Rings Toppatop55's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thank you for the response. I will change the battery after work today.