Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: ANC Fault

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

ANC Fault

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi Guys,

I own a 2017 S6 w/sport package. I recently got a stage 1 ECU and TCU, love it. Then I had the resonator delete x-pipe mod done and love the sound of it with the only issue being that I can hear a blurp/gurgle sound every time it goes from 8 to 4 cylinder. I got the VCDS in order to calibrate the ANC with the hope of canceling that annoying cylinder deactivation sound. Now I get a fault code (only shown on VCDS). I can re-set it but it keeps coming back, any ideas? Could this be why I hear the 8 cylinder deactivation sound? This is the fault code I get;

1632 Active Noise Cancelation
    B1765 F0 - Engine Speed Impausible
    Fault Priority 4
    Fault Frequency-9

Thanks in advance for any guidance in this.

Senior Member Three Rings GilliamOS's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '13 A6 3.0T Prestige | 2007 Ford Escape

2017, shouldn't you be in warranty? Take it to the dealer, let them sort it out.
    2013 A6 3.0T - Slightly better than poverty package.

Past:
    2009 A4 2.0T Avant
    2000 A4 1.8T
    1999 Millenia S
    1997 A4 1.8T
    1990 Maxima
    1987 Maxima
    1986 Golf Diesel

Active Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Post exactly how you 'calibrated' it, because you don't really calibrate it on new cars, but turn it off and then back on again, so it resets itself. It could be an issue with the tune too, since it's apparently not finding engine speed. There's no ANC engine speed sensor; the only components are the microphones and module, since it uses the sound system for output. Could be something tuners forgot to put in their tunes. If you're doing it corectly, and still get that error, it'd be the tune for sure IMO. Just in case, here's how it needs to be done on your car:

MODULE 47 (sound system)
    Go to Adaptation
    Select from the drop-down menu channel 'IDE 10577 Active Noise Reduction- activation'
    Turn it from ON to OFF
    Turn ignition OFF then back ON again
    Select same channel 'IDE 10577 Active Noise Reduction- activation'
    Turn it from OFF to ON again
    Exit and you're done.

Hope this helps.
    2018 S6 mythos black/black; S sport package, driver assistance package, 20" black optic package, carbon atlas, Audi rings, all-weather mats, 35/20% tint

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

thank you very much and yes that is exactly how I did it so will reach out to the tuner next and see what he thinks.

Senior Member Three Rings MadAboutCars's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MY16 Audi S6, MY18 Audi SQ5, MY12 Audi Q7 4.2L TDI S-line (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by lsaenz View Post
    Hi Guys,

I own a 2017 S6 w/sport package. I recently got a stage 1 ECU and TCU, love it. Then I had the resonator delete x-pipe mod done and love the sound of it with the only issue being that I can hear a blurp/gurgle sound every time it goes from 8 to 4 cylinder. I got the VCDS in order to calibrate the ANC with the hope of canceling that annoying cylinder deactivation sound. Now I get a fault code (only shown on VCDS). I can re-set it but it keeps coming back, any ideas? Could this be why I hear the 8 cylinder deactivation sound? This is the fault code I get;

1632 Active Noise Cancelation
    B1765 F0 - Engine Speed Impausible
    Fault Priority 4
    Fault Frequency-9

Thanks in advance for any guidance in this.
    I get that error code as well with my tune. I think it has to do with the top speed limit removed. I just ignore it.
    2016 Audi S6 - Tornado Grey, 20" 5 spoke wheels, Sports seats, Sports diff, Standard exhaust, Chrome trim, Matrix LED headlights, Sunroof, 360 camera, Head up display, Active lane/side assist with adaptive cruise control, Rear seat heating, Power assisted doors, Electric rear blind and side blinds, Homelink

Mods: Bigger shift paddles, Air filter box holes, K&N air filter, 20" x 9" ET35 matte grey RS6 wheels, Michilin PSS 255 35 20, Vag-com changes

Established Member Two Rings sickmade0331's Avatar
    AZ Member #

To shut off the cylinder deactivation turn off stability and assist brake keep in dynamic or sport in transmission won't deactivate the cylinders

Sent from my SM-G955U using Audizine mobile app

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Interesting, well it does not sound like anything serious or that it is affecting the functionality of the ANC.

Thanks

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sickmade0331 View Post
    To shut off the cylinder deactivation turn off stability and assist brake keep in dynamic or sport in transmission won't deactivate the cylinders

I have actually done that and it does take care of that deactivation sound I get during deactivation. Although I do not get any drone after the x-pipe install, the deactivation was never noticeable (sound wise). It is almost annoying enough to go back to the resonator as the sport exhaust was not bad prior, just not there yet since it is that much better with the x-pipe. Was really hoping the ANC was going to cancel it out, really surprised I have not heard others with the x-pipe complain about this.
    The best would be no cylinder deactivation without deactivating stability control...

Established Member Two Rings sickmade0331's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by lsaenz View Post
    I have actually done that and it does take care of that deactivation sound I get during deactivation. Although I do not get any drone after the x-pipe install, the deactivation was never noticeable (sound wise). It is almost annoying enough to go back to the resonator as the sport exhaust was not bad prior, just not there yet since it is that much better with the x-pipe. Was really hoping the ANC was going to cancel it out, really surprised I have not heard others with the x-pipe complain about this.
    The best would be no cylinder deactivation without deactivating stability control...
    I get it all the time but I don't care car sounds amazing I just roll around inn dynamic mode any way

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sickmade0331 View Post
    I get it all the time but I don't care car sounds amazing I just roll around inn dynamic mode any way

Agreed on the sound, sport post x-pipe surprised me on the difference. Glad it is not just my set up or something I was not doing right. I appreciate the info!