Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Fender Bender (Ripper) Mature Audience Only

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Went to put some gas in today and when I went to open the gas door I noticed this
    IMG_0521.JPGIMG_0520.JPG

Must have happened during lunch, oh well

Do you think they will replace the entire panel?
    If so how many days will it take to repair?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Last edited by EIAlfonso; 03-09-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Senior Member Three Rings chopz33's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 A3 Cabriolet

Man thatís brutal
    2012 S4/ Prestige/ Black Optics Package/DSG/Red Leather/B&O sound
    KW HAS/RS4 grille/LED conversion/USP Intake/AWE Touring-resonated DP's/034 trans mount/Niche wheels/CF Stvbek front lip/Unitronic Stage 2 ECU/TCU/ECS CF diffuser

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1984 Audi 4000S Quattro, 1989 Toyota MR2 SC, 1960 Alfa Spider

that's going to be an expensive repair. probably have to replace the right rear 1/4 panel, which is a major job. what the hell hit to tear it like a tin can?

Veteran Member Three Rings A.C.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 GLI

Quote Originally Posted by EIAlfonso View Post
    Went to put some gas in today and when I went to open the gas door I noticed this
    IMG_0521.JPGIMG_0520.JPG

Must have happened during lunch, oh well

Do you think they will replace the entire panel?
    If so how many days will it take to repair?

Appears to be a truck with serious bumper or dump truck. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Three Rings B8_Dude97's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thatís 3 grand. That was a quote given to me to cut and weld a new quarter panel on and paint

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

This made me shudder

Veteran Member Three Rings kelseysautobody's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yes new quarter panel, blend the rear door, bumper and maybe trunk. Monsoon grey can be a PITA to match. When you pick a shop ask where they will be cutting the panel off. It should be done in the sail panel, through the back window and at the rocker. Some shops might want to cut it in at the body line but thatís not the proper way to do it.

2013 S4 S-tronic - APR intake // KI 200mm crank pulley // EPL Stg II DP 93 + TCU tune // PLM hx // Jokerz Blower // Headers
    1993 URS4 - Work in progress...
    11.281 @ 121.58
    Past: 07 S4 6MT ~ 03 A4 3.0 6MT ~ 99 A4 1.8T

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by kelseysautobody View Post
    Yes new quarter panel, blend the rear door, bumper and maybe trunk. Monsoon grey can be a PITA to match. When you pick a shop ask where they will be cutting the panel off. It should be done in the sail panel, through the back window and at the rocker. Some shops might want to cut it in at the body line but thatís not the proper way to do it.

Thanks everyone

Are you saying this section needs to be replaced? How long will they need the car?
    If a local dealer uses a good auto body I may take it there If they can provide a loaner
    Image1520662458.735474.jpg

Established Member Two Rings S4Aviator's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You aren't alone pal. Someone backed into my car while it was parked a few days ago. It's going to need a new hood, new grille, and new front bumper. Beyond pissed. Didnt see it happen and they didnt leave a note. Pushed the car enough that it was tough to get it out of park.
    2014 S4 - Premium Plus | DSG | Moonlight Blue | Tech | Black Fine Nappa | CTS Intake | AWE Touring Exhaust | Stock Downpipes | Hoen Endurance Fogs | Chipwerke Pro |
    To Do List: Bilstein B12 Pro Kit

Established Member Two Rings m1k3d3's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Someone backed into my car and cracked my Black Optics grille. Installed front & rear dash cam a few days later

Probably need to take it someplace to get an actual quote as prices & time will vary quite a bit. I'd be surprised if this doesn't take at least a week.

Sucks man.. good luck
    2015 S4 Sepang Blue | 6MT | Tech | B&O | Leather | Carbon Atlas | Black Optics | Sport Diff
    ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik | H&R OE | ECS 10 & 12.5 mm spacers | USP Stainless Steel Clutch Line | Suntek CXP 35% | 034 Drivetrain Mounts | Chipwerke Pro | RS4 Grille

AZ Member #

Thanks everyone

Are you saying this section needs to be replaced? How long will they need the car?
    If a local dealer uses a good auto body I may take it there If they can provide a loaner
    Image1520662458.735474.jpg

Exactly. It could be anywhere from 1-2+ weeks depending on the shop you choose. If it takes less than a week Iíd be concerned that corners were cut unless the shop works two shifts. Some large productions shops do that. Bottom line is you want this done right, time frame shouldnít be your biggest concern.
    2013 S4 S-tronic - APR intake // KI 200mm crank pulley // EPL Stg II DP 93 + TCU tune // PLM hx // Jokerz Blower // Headers
    11.281 @ 121.58

Veteran Member Four Rings MrFunk's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Audi S4. 2017 Mini CMS JCW. 2016 Yamaha Z 125. 2007' Honda S2000

Nasty - big job. Easily more than 3k. That's a truck for sure. Backed into you. Does your work parking lot have surveillance cameras? I bet you could figure out who hit you.
    12' Prestige S4 + 6MT - Original Owner
    GIAC stg II v2 + AWE Pulley + Alpha Boost Cooler + Meisterwerk Shrt Shifter + AWE Cat-Back + S-Flow Intake & AFE Filter + H&R Front & Rear Sways + USS End Links + H&R OE Springs & Bilstein B8 Sprt Dampeners + Alu-Kreuz + CR-15 Upper Strut Brace + Ceramic Pads & 2-Piece Drilled/Slotted Rotors & SS Lines + Apikol Diff Mnt + 034 Trans Mnt Insert + ECS Diff Inserts

AZ Member #

Sorry that you're going through this because of someones inattention. Someone put a gouge in the hood of my A4 a few years ago. Nothing this bad though. It was either reversed into by a truck with a tall bed or someone in Home Depot dropped a heavy object onto it while loading. I'm usually so paranoid about where I park my cars, electing the long walk over the convenient parking spot next to Bubba.

Best bodyshop in DFW is Stuarts. Might want to call them. Only problem is that everyone knows they're the best so there's often a backlog of work. Do you have rental car coverage on you auto policy? Good luck.
    2014 S4 Premium Plus, Glacier White Metallic, Black Optics, DSG, sport diff, Nappa, B&O, AWE Touring/Res DP, GIAC ECU/TCU Stage 1, ECS CF rear diffuser, CR15

AZ Member #

Fender Bender (Ripper)

Exactly. It could be anywhere from 1-2+ weeks depending on the shop you choose. If it takes less than a week Iíd be concerned that corners were cut unless the shop works two shifts. Some large productions shops do that. Bottom line is you want this done right, time frame shouldnít be your biggest concern.
    Thanks
    Happened to run into the owner at breakfast this morning of a shop Iíve used in the past
    He said the same thing you said. Plus he says he has a pinch welder to weld panel, it sounded impressive
    They have a great reputation
    He said a little over 2 week maybe 3

Veteran Member Four Rings LYKUNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thanks
    Happened to run into the owner at breakfast this morning of a shop Iíve used in the past
    He said the same thing you said. Plus he says he has a pinch welder to weld panel, it sounded impressive
    They have a great reputation
    He said a little over 2 week maybe 3
    Hope it all works out for you. It could have been worse ...

2011 S4 | Prestige | Jet Blue | Black/Silver Silk Nappa | S-Tronic | Sport Diff | Drive Select | Side Assist | Titanium | Carbon Fiber Inlays | HRE R40s (summer) BBS RGRs (winter)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 B8.5 S4s

A tragedy for sure.... I had a similar incident. Cut me a check for $5500 to replace the qtr panel and bumper. Heartbreaker.
    Keep right pass left, it's the law!!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Corradobrit View Post
    Sorry that you're going through this because of someones inattention. Someone put a gouge in the hood of my A4 a few years ago. Nothing this bad though. It was either reversed into by a truck with a tall bed or someone in Home Depot dropped a heavy object onto it while loading. I'm usually so paranoid about where I park my cars, electing the long walk over the convenient parking spot next to Bubba.

Best bodyshop in DFW is Stuarts. Might want to call them. Only problem is that everyone knows they're the best so there's often a backlog of work. Do you have rental car coverage on you auto policy? Good luck.
    The guy who I happened to run into at Breakfast the other day is Stuart, from Stuart's my car goes in Monday.

Senior Member Three Rings Silverbullet S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

"Oh well"?! lol Those wouldn't be the words I'd use. Hats off for taking it on the chin though.....bum deal for sure!
    2013 S4 - APR Stage 2+, DP, CPS v3, BLQ 20s, Solo Werks coilovers, CR-15, EBC Rotors F&R, Deval diffuser, AWE exhaust & USP Intake - TD1 inevitable

Veteran Member Three Rings SDV325's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12' S4

I hate pickup trucks. Damage definitely looks like from a lifted truck, with a useless hitch still in place (his balls hanging off it too)

My wife had someone back into her's, cracked the tail lights, lifted pickup truck no doubt. No note of course
    2012 Audi S4 Prestige - Ibis White | Magma | DSG | Sport Diff | Carbon Inlays
    EPL STG 1 & TCU | Roc-Euro Intake | 034 TransInsert | RS4 Grille | ECS GEOMET Rotors | Stoptech Pads | CR-15 | Eurocode F/R sways | MOOG Endlinks | Alu Kreuz |
    2015 Toyota Rav4 - Family Wagon
    GC8 (sold): http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t136...d-my99-rs.html

AZ Member #

Looks more like damage from a flat bed. The corners are high and sharp on those things. Or the integrated bumper, light frame like in the gif above. Don't think a tow hook would rip the sheet metal like that.
    2014 S4 Premium Plus, Glacier White Metallic, Black Optics, DSG, sport diff, Nappa, B&O, AWE Touring/Res DP, GIAC ECU/TCU Stage 1, ECS CF rear diffuser, CR15

AZ Member #

Things are looking up boys, sheís mine for at least a few weeks
    IMG_0539.JPG

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

something tells me you are a sadist.. first your nonchalant reaction to a large gaping hole in your s4 and then your excitement of the renegade. i get it if it's a jk or jl
    2014 sfeux p+ 6mt bo nav w/o sd

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Oloung1 View Post
    something tells me you are a sadist.. first your nonchalant reaction to a large gaping hole in your s4 and then your excitement of the renegade. i get it if it's a jk or jl
    Shit happens, as long as it doesnít happen often Iím good. I will be upset if my car comes back and itís not right

Insurance initial estimate is $3,950
    Iím scheduled to get it back by the 30th.

Last edited by EIAlfonso; 03-14-2018 at 01:34 PM.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Fast turnaround! Get pictures of it for documentation...and to make sure they don't just fill the hole with Bondo ;)
    C7 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2+

Dragy verified times:
    0-60mph 3.32s
    1/4 mile 11.46s @120.07mph

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Things are looking up boys, sheís mine for at least a few weeks
    IMG_0539.JPG

Yikes! LOL... Um... enjoy?
    GIAC stg II v2 + AWE Pulley + Alpha Boost Cooler + Meisterwerk Shrt Shifter + AWE Cat-Back + S-Flow Intake & AFE Filter + H&R Front & Rear Sways + USS End Links + H&R OE Springs & Bilstein B8 Sprt Dampeners + Alu-Kreuz + CR-15 Upper Strut Brace + Ceramic Pads & 2-Piece Drilled/Slotted Rotors & SS Lines + Apikol Diff Mnt + 034 Trans Mnt Insert + ECS Diff Inserts

AZ Member #

IMG_0596.JPG

One more week

AZ Member #

Looking good. What a major op just to recover from some idiots inattentiveness. Makes me mad people can be so careless.

AZ Member #

IMG_0596.JPG

One more week
    Looking good! They sectioned the panel in the correct points
    11.281 @ 121.58

Senior Member Two Rings extratime's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Not a good month for monsoon gray owners. Mine goes in tomorrow to have the passenger door and blade replaced.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by extratime View Post
    Not a good month for monsoon gray owners. Mine goes in tomorrow to have the passenger door and blade replaced.

Ouch. Did a deer hit the side of your car? Make sure they replace the sound deadening that sticks to the inside of the door paneling.

I'm Monsoon as well and someone door dinged my passenger side rear door over the weekend. Luckily we already had our PDR guy scheduled for yesterday... Didn't even get a chance to take a picture.
    11.281 @ 121.58

Senior Member Three Rings FREEZE451's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S4

Shit happens, as long as it doesnít happen often Iím good.
    Attitude 101 - thank goodness for insurance as well!
    2014 S4 | 6MT | Phantom Black | APR Stage I | Alcantara | Sport Diff | Atlas Inlays | CR-15 | RS4 Grill |
    1988 80 - SOLD
    1990 90 - SOLD
    2000 A4 - SOLD
    2006 A4 - SOLD
    2008 A4 - SOLD
    2011 A4 - SOLD
    2014 S4 - SOLD

BUILD THREAD <-- Click

Senior Member Two Rings extratime's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Ouch. Did a deer hit the side of your car? Make sure they replace the sound deadening that sticks to the inside of the door paneling.

I'm Monsoon as well and someone door dinged my passenger side rear door over the weekend. Luckily we already had our PDR guy scheduled for yesterday... Didn't even get a chance to take a picture.
    Side swiped. I got pushed into a concrete divider and blew the sidewall on one of my tires. I over corrected and hit the wheel of a car that was crowding me while I was in a turn lane. Her wheel rode alone the side of my door. To my surprise the mirror didn't get touched and the only damage was on the door. My brand new wheel and tire are trashed though. Bent the hell out of the wheel, which is why I now have my summers on.

Senior Member Three Rings Senseless's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My Acura got backed into by a jacked up pickup and the guy took off. A good samaritan got the plate # and the police paid him a surprise visit at home. Justice served.
    2012 S4- 6MT, Sport Diff, MMI Nav, B&O, Phantom Black, Red Silk Nappa, Adv Key. USP SS clutch line, sport shifter.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Senseless View Post
    My Acura got backed into by a jacked up pickup and the guy took off. A good samaritan got the plate # and the police paid him a surprise visit at home. Justice served.
    Good deal !

AZ Member #

Iím back in the bratwurst, forgot how nice a car this is
    4 weeks and $5,200 worth of work

IMG_0688.JPGIMG_0690.JPGIMG_0687.JPG

AZ Member #

Nice work. Paint looks perfectly matched.

Veteran Member Four Rings LYKUNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Looks great. I can relate to the seemingly endless wait to get back into an S4 after ours was being repaired for nearly two months. The Dodge Dart loaner was agonizingly bad.
    2011 S4 | Prestige | Jet Blue | Black/Silver Silk Nappa | S-Tronic | Sport Diff | Drive Select | Side Assist | Titanium | Carbon Fiber Inlays | HRE R40s (summer) BBS RGRs (winter)

AZ Member #

Looks great! I like the mini rings on the rocker blade, might steal that idea.
    11.281 @ 121.58

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Looks from pics that they did a very nice job for you.

Active Member Two Rings TROTTERS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    991.2 Turbo S, Range Rover SVR, 2014 S4

You just noticed that? LOL. You need the driver mod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast