Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Clutches

Active Member One Ring Audilee1055's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Clutches

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Sorry guys new to audi but have owned alot of vw !!!!! So my question is about swapping to a single clutch and fly wheel..... if there is a forum for that I would very much like to read it!!!!! 01 a4 b5 1.8t fwd! Really wished it was a Quattro but I got it dirt nasty cheap daily driver!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Audizine mobile app

Active Member One Ring Audilee1055's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audilee1055 View Post
    Sorry guys new to audi but have owned alot of vw !!!!! So my question is about swapping to a single mass clutch and fly wheel! Is there any plus' s to doing it? ..... if there is a forum for that I would very much like to read it!!!!! 01 a4 b5 1.8t fwd! Really wished it was a Quattro but I got it dirt nasty cheap daily driver!!!!!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 Passat 4Mo Wagon 1.8T 6sp swap,. 05 Golf

Just go the B5 forum. Lot's of places sell single mass setups. The only plus on a FWD is that they are cheaper than replacing a dual mass flywheel. For a Quattro, you can get a 240mm to hold more power.
    Here is one of the cheapest around and they work quite well: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-valeo-pa.../52285615~val/
    2001 B5 Passat Wagon, 4Motion, 6sp manual and 1.8T swap. H+R Race from an A6Q, Konis, Custom 6pt strut bar, A8 front brakes. Coming soon: TT exhaust, Hotchkis 35mm S4 front and RS6 rear sway bars, FMIC, 240mm stage 2 clutch.
    2005 Golf 2.Slow.
    2001 B5 Passat V6 Wagon, FWD Tiptronic.
    2001.5 B5.5 Passat V6 5sp sedan.
    Former: 91 SHO, 83 5000S Turbo, 78 Supra, 86 Golf, 69 Chevelle SS, 2 Taurus wagons.