Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Help Me...Pick A Tuner

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    2015 S4 DSG

I travel a lot, so having a set of tune files that can be loaded on the fly is important. 91oct - 93oct. Occasional track days with 100 or 104

DSG Tune needs to have close to drivability and comfort that the OEM parameters and program offer in D move.
    S mode and Manual obviously need to be able to hold gears longer with more aggressive parameters.

From what I can tell it appears that the only companies that may fit the above profile are GIAC and REVO. So anyone with first hand experience would be appreciated especially with the DSG tune. Also somewhat improtant is a tuner that has evolved with the car and updated the tunes
    to ensure that they are performing the best and are the most reliable vs someone that is selling a tune from 2011 without updates. Let me know your thoughts!

Established Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Revo pretty much abandoned this platform.

GIAC is your best bet for what you want but they aren't exactly updating things.

There are others but they require an internet connection to change tunes. (You can hotspot from your phone but they may not suit your needs)
    Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | 034 Stage 2+ | 3.31 PR | E40 + WMI | ...
    452WHP / 443WTQ | 11.374 @ 119.90 | 034 Featured User

Senior Member Three Rings 4RCFED's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12' S4, 17' Discovery HSE lux, Durango R/T(sold), Ml350(sold)

Take a look at EPL and Unitronic, you can tune yourself in your garage.
    2012 S4 DSG, Ibis, Nappa, sports diff, EPL stg 1, Eurocode intake, 034 TM, X-pipe, C-Quartz, Akebonos, BFI shift knob.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Help Me...Pick A Tuner

Have you checked out other threads on the board already? "What tune is best?" might be the most asked question on Audizine. Right after "what exhaust should I get?"
    2014 S4 - APR Stage 2 - APR CPS - AWE Touring w/ Resonated Downpipes - APR Carbonio Stage 2 Intake - Alu Kreuz - H&R Front and Rear Sways - 034 Inserts - Focal KX165 + Audison Bit4.9 + Audison 4D - Xpel Front End Wrap - Modesta BC-04 Paint Coating - Rayno S9 Tint - R8 Oil Cap - Porsche 911 Coolant Cap - CR15 Strut Tower Brace - Q5 Brembo Brakes - Goodridge Stainless Brake Lines - P3 Gauge (w/ Track Pack)

My Seller Feedback Thread - http://bit.ly/2vD36PE

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by 4RCFED View Post
    Take a look at EPL and Unitronic, you can tune yourself in your garage.
    Those would work as well. Helpful to know that REVO has not stepped it up to the plate with current and staying current updating of the
    Tunes. Thanks in advance

Senior Member Four Rings 14S4GWM's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Works2shoot View Post
    Have you checked out other threads on the board already? "What tune is best?" might be the most asked question on Audizine. Right after "what exhaust should I get?"
    He's a noobie, take it easy on him
    2014 S4 P+ Glacier White DSG
    Black Optic/ B&O/ Sports Diff/ Carbon Atlas/ V1/ P3/ Carista/ ECS CF Intake/ ECS CF Diffuser/ Bilstein B8/ H&R OE Springs/ H&R 10-12mm Spacers
    C-Quartz/ Suntek PPF/ AWE Touring 102/ 034 X-Brace & Inserts/ Eurocode Sways/ Akebono Pads/ CR-15/ VLED VX3 LED Fogs

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Says the one that joined in 2015 and has done less than a fraction of what I have for previous models. Clearly Iím looking for a specific answer or I wouldnít have started a thread that no doubt has many similar variants on the forum

AZ Member #

Well i'm not the one that gave you shit. You're specific question has been asked about 1.3 million times is all work2shoot is saying.
    Black Optic/ B&O/ Sports Diff/ Carbon Atlas/ V1/ P3/ Carista/ ECS CF Intake/ ECS CF Diffuser/ Bilstein B8/ H&R OE Springs/ H&R 10-12mm Spacers
    C-Quartz/ Suntek PPF/ AWE Touring 102/ 034 X-Brace & Inserts/ Eurocode Sways/ Akebono Pads/ CR-15/ VLED VX3 LED Fogs

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Yes I understand itís topic that is covered frequently. That being said I am looking for a specific set of answers, please guys if you arenít going to contribute then please donít post, cluttering this thread.

Established Member Three Rings fmzip's Avatar
    AZ Member #

EPL....
    2015 S4 - Mythos Black - EPL Stage II/DSG Tune - Eurocode Alu Kreuz - Canyon Run CR-15 - 034 RSB/Billet DTB's - C-Quartz Nano - 3M Pro-X PPF - Vorsteiner V-FF 103 - Audison Voce/Prima - P3

AZ Member #

Well i'll contribute then

I would say you should check out EPL, they are super simple to flash as long as you have internet connection. They even sell a nice cheap tablet in a bundle with the tune to make it even easier. If you plan on keeping the tune for a long time then look for a used EPL tune in the classifieds, you can resell the tune up until 24 months after the purchase. You can only sell the tune once though. I have the beta TCU tune now and it runs great, holds the gear and gives a higher shift point. The prices of the tunes are pretty damn good if you ask me.

Veteran Member Three Rings Silver Streakin's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 S4, 2014 Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by *Blue-Angel* View Post
    Yes I understand itís topic that is covered frequently. That being said I am looking for a specific set of answers, please guys if you arenít going to contribute then please donít post, cluttering this thread.
    I love Doritos.

Try going to the websites of AWE/GIAC, APR, UniTronic, EPL, etc and see what they have to offer to meet you needs/wants, local tuner, etc.
    -Jeff
    2011 S4, manual, BB/panda, Sport diff, ADS, B&O | Uni stage 2+ | RocEuro intake | AWE Track & DPs resonated | H&R c/o | 19" VMR 710 & 19" Peelers

FOR SALE: '13 Mini Cooper Paceman S, All4, 6M, 100k CPO. See Non-Audi classifieds.

SOLD 2007 S4 DTM, Phantom Black Pearl, manual | JHM | FI | H&R | VMR | 034

RIP 2001.5 A4 1.8TQMS, Silver/Ebony | APR stage 3 + APR exhaust | STaSIS Tracksports | StopTechs

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Help Me...Pick A Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by *Blue-Angel* View Post

I'm going to respond in a level-headed manner since you seem to be a level headed person as well - and I want to help you.

All we are saying is that if you do a quick search of the board (or use google and add "Audizine" to the search - highly recommended!!) you will find the answers (many recently posted) to:

- What tunes have proven reliable over the past 8 years
    - What DSG tune is best and what are the benefits/disadvantages of each specific tune over the past 3-5 years
    - What tunes provide (or do not provide) program switching
    - Which tuners have stayed current with the platform over the last 8 years
    - What mods are necessary when you start tuning to/past stage 2/2+

If you want us to do the work, just admit it. I know a lot of us (me included) would find the honesty refreshing, and help you based on that alone . Just don't act all high and mighty due to your B5 experience, and put down members such as 14S4GWM who have contributed to THIS platform.

Good luck, and hopefully you find the answers to your questions.
    Last edited by Works2shoot; 02-14-2018 at 06:34 PM.
    2014 S4 - APR Stage 2 - APR CPS - AWE Touring w/ Resonated Downpipes - APR Carbonio Stage 2 Intake - Alu Kreuz - H&R Front and Rear Sways - 034 Inserts - Focal KX165 + Audison Bit4.9 + Audison 4D - Xpel Front End Wrap - Modesta BC-04 Paint Coating - Rayno S9 Tint - R8 Oil Cap - Porsche 911 Coolant Cap - CR15 Strut Tower Brace - Q5 Brembo Brakes - Goodridge Stainless Brake Lines - P3 Gauge (w/ Track Pack)

My Seller Feedback Thread - http://bit.ly/2vD36PE

Established Member Three Rings brs2c's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Works2shoot View Post
    I'm going to respond in a level-headed manner since you seem to be a level headed person as well - and I want to help you.

All we are saying is that if you do a quick search of the board (or use google and add "Audizine" to the search - highly recommended!!) you will find the answers (many recently posted) to:

- What tunes have proven reliable over the past 8 years
    - What DSG tune is best and what are the benefits/disadvantages of each specific tune over the past 3-5 years
    - What tunes provide (or do not provide) program switching
    - Which tuners have stayed current with the platform over the last 8 years
    - What mods are necessary when you start tuning to/past stage 2/2+

If you want us to do the work, just admit it. I know a lot of us (me included) would find the honesty refreshing, and help you based on that alone . Just don't act all high and mighty due to your B5 experience, and put down members such as 14S4GWM who have contributed to THIS platform.

Good luck, and hopefully you find the answers to your questions.
    Well said. I think most on here love to help. My issue with threads like this is that the more seperate threads on a topic-the harder it is for others to research, down the road.

Anyways, EPL's customer sevice, especially over email and PM is amazingly good. As others mention,bit is flash from home. They are regularly releasing new tune tweaks. Also, if you log and your IAT's are in check, they will customize/ratchet up your tune. I just got in on their AMS HX group buy, so that I can have low enough temps to squeeze more from my tune. Good luck!
    2013 S4, Monsoon Grey, DSG, B&O, Sport Diff, Nappa || Custom 3.5" Velocity Stack Intake, EPL Stage 2+, Fluidampr 183mm CP, EPL TCU, AMS Alpha Cooler || VMR V804's (19x9.5 et45), ECS 2-piece Rotors, Stainless Lines, 034 SB, 034 inserts.

Veteran Member Four Rings saxon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Unitronic IMO if those are your requirements

I am currently working with them on the dual pulley tune, but their current 91/93 tunes and DSG tune are great.

a big update for the dsg is that they now allow multiple rpm points for launch control as well.
    2010 s4 Prestige- Unitronic~3.221 ratio~pss10~MercRacing HX~AWE touring~Eurocode sways~custom 4" intake
    Past cars 2012 Nissan GT-R -2014 S6-2016 s3-2015 M3
    2011 b8 s4--
    11.9** @ 116 apr 93 octane tune
    11.7@ 118 104oct apr tune

Veteran Member Four Rings saxon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streakin View Post
    I love Doritos.

Try going to the websites of AWE/GIAC, APR, UniTronic, EPL, etc and see what they have to offer to meet you needs/wants, local tuner, etc.
    that works great except for EPL , lol they still don't have an updated website
    2010 s4 Prestige- Unitronic~3.221 ratio~pss10~MercRacing HX~AWE touring~Eurocode sways~custom 4" intake
    Past cars 2012 Nissan GT-R -2014 S6-2016 s3-2015 M3
    2011 b8 s4--
    11.9** @ 116 apr 93 octane tune
    11.7@ 118 104oct apr tune

Established Member Three Rings brs2c's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    that works great except for EPL , lol they still don't have an updated website
    Yeah, I love them, but they really are not do themselves any justice or favors with that sad place holder. BUT, since I am already a customer... don't waste time on the site guys- just keep improving the tunes!
    2013 S4, Monsoon Grey, DSG, B&O, Sport Diff, Nappa || Custom 3.5" Velocity Stack Intake, EPL Stage 2+, Fluidampr 183mm CP, EPL TCU, AMS Alpha Cooler || VMR V804's (19x9.5 et45), ECS 2-piece Rotors, Stainless Lines, 034 SB, 034 inserts.

Established Member Two Rings ixez's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi S4 (B8.5)

EPL should fit as long as you have internet access on the go. Their tunes are easy to swap from a tablet/laptop and their DSG setting is fun in S mode yet feels stock in D mode. Plus, they are still releasing updates to their tunes and I just got my new DSG beta file. They also offer 100/104 octane files (plus meth and E85). Last but not least, you can sell their tunes within 2 years of purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Audi S4 B8.5 Moonlight Blue | Sport Differential | EPL Stage 2+ DP 93 (445 whp/420 wtq) | AMS Alpha Cooling System | Dual Pulley (57mm + 183mm Fluidampr) | Injen Intake | Alu Kreuz | CR-15 | RS Grille | AWE Touring Exhaust + Resonated Downpipes + 102mm Chrome Tips | 18" O.Z. Ultraleggera Gunmetal + Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ | ECS Stage 1 Brake Kit with Cross-Drilled & Slotted Lightweight 2-piece Rotors + Akebono Pads