Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Revo Stage 1 and Chipwerke together?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    New member here, coming from Subaru STI's.

So I have a 2012 S4, recently purchased and I love it. Already could tell it was much faster then the STI's I owned. I viewed the carfax before I purchased and everything looked great. I wanted to find out what maintenance was performed on the last entry of the carfax. So I called the company and luckily the previous owners info was left in the glove box so I was able to give them the name and they looked it up. So they didn't come in for maintenance they have Revo Stage 1 installed, which is awesome!! My question is, I already bought the Chipwerke Pro piggyback but hadn't installed it yet, would there be any benefit to installing this on top of the Revo Stage 1 tune? Or completely useless and/or could hurt the car?

I did a few searches and couldn't find anything on that topic....

Thanks in advance!!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I donít think itíll add much of a benefit because the car will
    Bleed off the extra boost. However, since the CW keeps the boost bypass valve closed to retain the boost, Iím not sure what it will
    Do. I donít think itíll change anything since the pulley would be the limiting factor to boost now. I know some people have run it on top of their Stage 2 cars and gained power. I donít think there would be a difference for Stage 1 car

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Four Rings fitzydude's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Do it. You'll need to go one setting lower on the performance mode for a given octane. If you run 93 octane you'll need to run the performance A 91 octane setting when running stacked. You'll need to log to find the optimal chipwerke setting to keep the bypass shut.
    2010 S4 / 6MT / 034 RSWB & Motor Mounts / AMS Cooling / EC Alu Kreuz & inserts / B12 suspension / CTS SC & JHM OD Pulley (PR:3.139) / JHM STS & Stg 4 clutch / Magnaflow w/cutouts / RS-51 / Eventuri-Euro / USP clutch line / E35 / Chipwerke 3-1 / Revo - 467 awhp

AZ Member #

I want to do it, but if there is going to be no noticeable difference then I will just sell it and spend the $325 on something else

Senior Member Four Rings fitzydude's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

You likely increase boost ~2 psi which will be noticable. Better price per hp than an intake. Try it, then return it if it's not noticible.
    2010 S4 / 6MT / 034 RSWB & Motor Mounts / AMS Cooling / EC Alu Kreuz & inserts / B12 suspension / CTS SC & JHM OD Pulley (PR:3.139) / JHM STS & Stg 4 clutch / Magnaflow w/cutouts / RS-51 / Eventuri-Euro / USP clutch line / E35 / Chipwerke 3-1 / Revo - 467 awhp

AZ Member #

Thanks for the quick responses!

Established Member Two Rings TXautobahn's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Install pulley, flash to Stage II.