Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Torque Limiter Intervention

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anyone know when some solid TCU tuning is going to be released that includes increase of torque thresholds? Iím currently running Iroz Stage 2+ on E70 file and itís very clear Iím not able to put all the power down due to torque limiter intervention at WOT. Mostly happens after shifts where power falls to like 80% for a split second and then springs back to life at full 100%. You can see/hear it happening in Malakaís roll race video of him vs Hankís big turbo car.

Stage 2+ feels amazing, I just want to be able to experience 100% of its potential 100% of the time, and right now Iím convinced itís the stock TCU programming preventing that.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Nobody?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017RS3-2014TTS-1967Olds442-2005Chevy2500HD-Duramax%2520

Quote Originally Posted by Xtyper View Post
    Anyone know when some solid TCU tuning is going to be released that includes increase of torque thresholds? Iím currently running Iroz Stage 2+ on E70 file and itís very clear Iím not able to put all the power down due to torque limiter intervention at WOT. Mostly happens after shifts where power falls to like 80% for a split second and then springs back to life at full 100%. You can see/hear it happening in Malakaís roll race video of him vs Hankís big turbo car.

Stage 2+ feels amazing, I just want to be able to experience 100% of its potential 100% of the time, and right now Iím convinced itís the stock TCU programming preventing that.
    This is probably what is keeping your trans alive....
    The "Go Fast" Car.....
    369" of Oldsmobile power by Rocket Racing
    best of 9.68 @ 136 mph and a 1.242 60'
    http://mbworld.org/forums/signaturep...ic160318_1.gif

AZ Member #

Not many people running stage II on a new rs3, they are are hard to find and not all of the RS3 with Stage 2 participate on car forums so you have to be patient. Yes, I noticed the issue from watching videos. I know that there are tuners trying to create a map for the TCU but nothing fully developed. I spent lots of time on the car forums so if I see something I will send you a link.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I have a stage 1+ Unitronic on 93 octane and i have the same issue. Cutting power on occasion on wot pull. They need to come up with a TCU tune A.S.A.P

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Your SN looks familiar, did you used to have a GT-R as well? If so, how do you like the RS3 so far?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TeKiZeRo View Post
    Your SN looks familiar, did you used to have a GT-R as well? If so, how do you like the RS3 so far?
    Yep, I recently sold my upgraded turbo 2015 GTR and decided to try something new in the RS3. So far itís proved to be a great little package offering a nice blend of practicality and tuning potential. Pretty sure with the Iroz upgraded turbo it will be as just as fast as my GTR ever was. Itís fun as heck to drive and I love its stealthy, classy looks. I donít think thereís a better performance value on the market for $60k. Overall very happy with the car and I bet itís really going to surprise folks at the airstrip events.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yep, I recently sold my upgraded turbo 2015 GTR and decided to try something new in the RS3. So far itís proved to be a great little package offering a nice blend of practicality and tuning potential. Pretty sure with the Iroz upgraded turbo it will be as just as fast as my GTR ever was. Itís fun as heck to drive and I love its stealthy, classy looks. I donít think thereís a better performance value on the market for $60k. Overall very happy with the car and I bet itís really going to surprise folks at the airstrip events.
    That's awesome! I've been wanting to switch as well and the unique 5-cylinder is what grabbed my attention. Just need to convince the dealer to let me take it for a spin :).