Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

What's Next For You 6MT Drivers?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    With no 6MT in the B9, what will your next ride be? I have looked and looked and think I may just drive this thing until the wheels fall off...

Maybe an S6 if I decide I can live with just 2 pedals.
    Love that 5cyl in the RS3 and really wish it had a 6MT. Hell, if it had power, memory drivers seat it would maybe be an S6 alternative.
    ATS-V looks fun, but I despise CUE and that shitty gauge cluster that looks like my '98 S-10.
    M3 always an option, I suppose. I'm in TX and don't "need" AWD.
    Golf R?

Anyone considered/thought about a B9 A4 with a 6MT and all the sport options? I know there's no sport diff, but I think that would be a pretty damn fun car, especially with an APR stage 1 tune.

What say you?

AZ Member #

^to clarify, no 6MT in B9 S4. Obviously it's available in the A4.

Established Member Two Rings Estoril4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hmm giulia?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Audizine mobile app

Active Member Two Rings Tuneman7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Keeping this car until the wheels fall off. Will probably just stay with sport bikes next time and get a regular econobox.

Let's say I was in the market today and I didn't buy this car, for the money I'd probably just skip the extra doors and AWD and look at GT350's, BMW M2 or something along those lines. I wouldn't want the BMW 340ix or whatever equivalent there would be now or walk into a Subaru dealer to drop 40K+ on an STI.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril4 View Post
    Hmm giulia?

No manual in the quadrifoglio (sp?), right?

Established Member Two Rings Estoril4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Ah I was under the impression there was one, my B. Anyhow, I've definitely got my eye on that new Toyota :)

Senior Member Two Rings slacktide's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Keeping it till they pass the Motor Law and force us into self-driving 2-lane wide alloy aircars.
    1993 Audi 90 Quattro 5MT - Retired commuter, 240k miles. Dog Car, Snowmobile, Old-School mobile audio playground. MB Quart speakers, JL Audio subs, Alphasonik amps.
    2014 Audi S4 Quattro 6MT Sport Diff - Daily Driver. CR-15, minor cosmetic mods. Cardboard box full of audio stuff in trunk from A4 build.

Senior Member Three Rings jhoward's Avatar
    AZ Member #

3.0 swap into my wife's manual avant

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Keep the car till the wheels fall off. Maybe pick up a low KM 2016 in years to come.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Keep the car until it dies.. but probably a 911 and a Model 3 after?
    2011 Phantom Black Effect S4 6MT, Sport Differential, Advanced Key, Audi Side Assist, Navigation, B&O, Red/black Silk Nappa Leather, Carbon Fiber Atlas Trim, Flat-Bottom Steering wheel with red stitching, RS4 Aluminum pedals, 034 Transmission mount, Roc-Euro Intake, Roc-Euro Short Shifter, 90mm AWE Touring Exhaust with stock downpipes, Unitronic Stage 2+, JHM 179mm Overdrive Crank Pulley, Stasis rear sway bar, Gloss Black RS4 Grille

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Not sure. Iíve had 2 Ď93 Corrados, Ď03 24V GTI, Ď04 R32T, B5 S4, supercharged B6 S4, and my B8.5 S4, all manuals. Audi is alienating me. Family car is a B8.5 SQ5, and while autos have gotten a lot better, itís just not the same. Good thing I didnít hold out for the B9, but Iím not sure what Iíll do next.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4, Orange B5 Avant

Gonna just start stockpiling manuals.
    B8 s4, b5 s4, b5 a4 avant, b7 rs4, r8 and a jeep and truck. Might swap the b8 for a 8.5 if a good option pops up.

I'm planning to add a car a year with r8 being the last. House will be paid off in about 5 years@ 33 and I have 7 garage spots already.

This is all assuming I dont ruin my life with wife and kids by then.
    2011 S4 6mt Black/ Magma/ Carbon
    HRE ff01 | Rotiform ind-t | BBS ch-r | AWE | P3 | Roc Euro | PLM | Eurocode Sways | Apr Stage 2 | H&R Sport | Q5 ECS Wave F/R | CR15 | AK | Eurocode Inserts | 034 subframe Inserts | Ecodes | Ecs Carbon Diffuser+Trunk lip+ Splitter | JHM CP | + more

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Dardan View Post
    Keep the car till the wheels fall off. Maybe pick up a low KM 2016 in years to come.
    I've actually considered the same. Seems like they made fewer and fewer 6mt's in 2016 though. I have seen a few nice 2015's, but they are only about 20k fewer miles than my car.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tar View Post
    Gonna just start stockpiling manuals.
    B8 s4, b5 s4, b5 a4 avant, b7 rs4, r8 and a jeep and truck. Might swap the b8 for a 8.5 if a good option pops up.

I'm planning to add a car a year with r8 being the last. House will be paid off in about 5 years@ 33 and I have 7 garage spots already.

This is all assuming I dont ruin my life with wife and kids by then.
    That's a DAMN good plan. 7 garage spots? You live in a pretty rural area?

Veteran Member Four Rings MrFunk's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Audi S4. 2017 Mini CMS JCW. 2016 Yamaha Z 125. 2007' Honda S2000

I'll run the S4 for a long while. It's been paid off for years and still low miles (40k). As I get tired of it I will just add other cars to the stable for variety. There are no true replacements to it any longer given no 6MT so it's irreplaceable now. If something happened to it and i needed another sports sedan I'd look at the RS3, S6, Alfa Quad Giulia. I'm not a fan of BMW branding.
    12' Prestige S4 + 6MT - Original Owner
    GIAC stg II v2 + AWE Pulley + Alpha Boost Cooler + Meisterwerk Shrt Shifter + AWE Cat-Back + S-Flow Intake & AFE Filter + H&R Front & Rear Sways + USS End Links + H&R OE Springs & Bilstein B8 Sprt Dampeners + Alu-Kreuz + CR-15 Upper Strut Brace + Ceramic Pads & 2-Piece Drilled/Slotted Rotors & SS Lines + Apikol Diff Mnt + 034 Trans Mnt Insert + ECS Diff Inserts

Established Member Two Rings TXautobahn's Avatar
    AZ Member #

3 pedal options: low-mileage 2015-2016 S4, ATS-V, M3, M5 (rare), Chevy SS, low-mileage Gen 2 CTS-V
    2 pedal options: S6, Gen 3 CTS-V, C-class or E-class AMG

Might just add a C6 Z06 to the stable (have owned a few Vettes previously) for shifting enjoyment and accept that its the end of an era.

Senior Member Three Rings Senseless's Avatar
    AZ Member #

1) Trade towards a used loaded B9 S4 and give up the stick for more comfort and tech.
    2) If trade-in is low, keep it as a second car and buy a new Honda Accord Touring as a daily.

I'm also keeping my eye on Acura, because they seem to be turning around with the new RDX compact ute. They may do some good stuff with a turbo V6 TLX redesign.
    2012 S4- 6MT, Sport Diff, MMI Nav, B&O, Phantom Black, Red Silk Nappa, Adv Key. USP SS clutch line, sport shifter.

Veteran Member Three Rings brainpan's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    sk8 banana

Is there even going to be a 3 pedal car with AWD that's not subbie?

I can see myself getting into a Vette or a 350 for the summers, and maybe a wrx for the winters. AWD is a must here in the winter.

Sadly this will be my last Audi.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
    Bryan

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 S4 6MT, 2012 VW CC DSG, 2015 Audi Q3 Quattro, 2017 Corvette M7 Grand Sport

Keep my current S4 till the wheels fall off........only alternative for me is a B9 A4 manual 2.0T with the Sport Package......

Senior Member Four Rings Thurston's Avatar
    AZ Member #

i'm pretty much resigned to keeping an eye on the next generatino m4 w/ the revised s55 motor (not willing to deal w a spun crank hub though i hear this is only in the dct cars), fully built forged internals and so forth also a handful of P cars i might transition in to.

Veteran Member Three Rings S4tranquility's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

RS3
    2013 Monsoon 6MT S4, GIAC dual pulley 3.18 ratio
    Former: B5 S4 120+ club; Sleeper, Stages, and more B5 S4 vids

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4, Orange B5 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by EstorilS4 View Post
    That's a DAMN good plan. 7 garage spots? You live in a pretty rural area?
    Nope socal.
    Backyard has a 5 car and then 2 spots connected 2 house.
    2011 S4 6mt Black/ Magma/ Carbon
    HRE ff01 | Rotiform ind-t | BBS ch-r | AWE | P3 | Roc Euro | PLM | Eurocode Sways | Apr Stage 2 | H&R Sport | Q5 ECS Wave F/R | CR15 | AK | Eurocode Inserts | 034 subframe Inserts | Ecodes | Ecs Carbon Diffuser+Trunk lip+ Splitter | JHM CP | + more

AZ Member #

I've been having the same thoughts, and keeping the choices under $50k-ish:

6MT - 997 in some flavor, 2016 B8.5 S4
    Other - 2014+ S6, RS5, S7, S8, F80 M3/4

nothing else really excites me. I work from home, so I don't need a commuter. Would like a stick but could get that fix with a fun car if I sell my current project to free up the garage.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

What part of Austin you in?

My S4 is DSG, but my previous MK7 R was 6 speed. Not a big fan of that particular gearbox, but I definitely miss the third pedal.

Next car will hopefully be a Porsche or an M2/3 unless Audi brings over an RS hatch/avant, but my S4 only has 22k miles and I have no plans to get rid of it. Hope to keep the miles down (supplement commute with my bike) and buy a fun toy once it's paid off.

Active Member Two Rings Jimcoily's Avatar
    AZ Member #

R35 GTR, Gen 2 CTS-V wagon MT, E63 wagon, R35 is winning because I think I will keep it longer
    2011 Stasis Challenge - APR Stage 2 (V4) - Roc-Euro intake - APR 57mm - JHM 179mm - Eurocode Headers - Milltek Resonated Catback - Eurocode Flywheel Stage 3 Clutch........

AZ Member #

Not a 6MT or a ZF. Seems like everything points to the rs3 for me 🤷🏼*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings superswiss's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Funny you say that. I made the switch already. My last 6MT was my B7 S4. Don't miss it. However, now I'm finding myself in a similar position concerning the dual clutch which seems to be going away in this segment as well. New RS5 has ZF8, new M5 ZF8, next M3/4 is expected to go ZF8. The S-tronic in the S6 is boring. Zero engagement as the car is so damn quiet. Kinda only leaves Porsche and up for a proper dual clutch. S-tronic in the TT-RS not so great, either and that category of car including the RS3 is just not my cup of tea. The Haldex is a big reason for that. R8 amazing transmission and engine, but terrible quattro system. Crazy initial understeer. Major disappointment in the driving dynamics department. My segment is really GT coupes and I'm running out of options. The ZF8 is getting better, though and the M5 implementation seems actually rather good especially in Sport+. Have to drive some of these cars to see where it's going next for me.
    '13 panther blk RS5, Ti pkg, blk leather/alcantara, nav pkg, sport exhaust, driver assist pkg, rear shade, alu kreuz, ECS spacers 15f/10r, ECS tru-float rotors, ECS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, european delivery
    '07 phantom blk S4, blk leather, 6mt, conv pkg, audio pkg, heated front&rear seats, bluetooth, nav plus, parktronic, DTM pkg, carbon trim, TPMS, rear&side shades (sold)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by nunzo View Post
    I've been having the same thoughts, and keeping the choices under $50k-ish:

6MT - 997 in some flavor, 2016 B8.5 S4
    Other - 2014+ S6, RS5, S7, S8, F80 M3/4

nothing else really excites me. I work from home, so I don't need a commuter. Would like a stick but could get that fix with a fun car if I sell my current project to free up the garage.
    Ha! I'm in the same exact situation, but don't think I could bring myself to sell my project car ('69 GTO) for something more modern.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jimcoily View Post
    R35 GTR, Gen 2 CTS-V wagon MT, E63 wagon, R35 is winning because I think I will keep it longer
    Good luck finding that CTS-V wagon 6mt! If you find 2, let me know!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by S4'ed View Post
    Keep my current S4 till the wheels fall off........only alternative for me is a B9 A4 manual 2.0T with the Sport Package......
    This is looking like my top choice at this point. Eventhough I don't anticipate getting rid of my 2014 for at least another 2-3 years, I'm a huge fan of CPO Audis and it looks like the B9 A4 would be the only option that makes sense.

Senior Member Three Rings kobrian85's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If I had to move on from my B8.5 right now, I'd go backwards - B5/6/7 S4 Avant 6MT probably, maybe a B7 RS4 sedan. In the extremely long shot that we get the B9 RS4, I'd absolutely sacrifice 6MT for that car. But the B9 RS4 also falls into the category of "can't really afford it anyways", which if we are talking that way, I'd also sacrifice 6MT for an RS7 or a MK2 Panamera, because pipe dreams...

I could probably be swayed to consider an F80 M3, I have a buddy who's got one and it's fast AF. The interior is beautiful and the exterior is quite nice as well, he's got it in Java Green, sexy.
    2013 S4 \ 6MT \ Misano Red Pearl

Senior Member Two Rings ShopVac's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 JGC Overland Diesel / 2006 MINI Cooper Convertible / 2011 Jetta SE / 2014 Kia Rio

I'll probably move back to BMW in an M4. Although I'm hearing rumors that 2018 may be their last MT.

I saw that the M5 still has a 6MT - also see that they now have AWD as an option. Have not looked to see if the two are paired though. If they are, may need to convince the wife.

Feel bad for my 18 year old...his options are going to die out soon.
    __________________________________________________ _____

Proud owner of two superchargers and one turbo

Senior Member Three Rings jbullin2's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL

While Iíll never sell the B8.5 with how much Iíd lose my ass on the mods, there do exist a couple (literally just a couple) of MT DB9s that are classy as hell and coming down in price quick. I wouldnít mind cruising in one of those for the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
    I saw that the M5 still has a 6MT
    That's the outgoing US spec M5 with the past it's prime time MT from the parts bin. New M5 is ZF8 and a brand new M X-Drive that primarily drives the rear wheels and can be put in 100% RWD mode by decoupling the front axle. This time around it doesn't look like BMW M is gonna cave again and offer a 6MT just for the US market. End of the line this time. The current head of the BMW M division was the head of Quattro Gmbh before Winkelman. While at the helm of Quattro Gmbh he oversaw the end of the MT transmission for the RS cars. Next M3/4 is rumored to go the same direction, ZF8 with the same nifty AWD system from the M5.
    '13 panther blk RS5, Ti pkg, blk leather/alcantara, nav pkg, sport exhaust, driver assist pkg, rear shade, alu kreuz, ECS spacers 15f/10r, ECS tru-float rotors, ECS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, european delivery
    '07 phantom blk S4, blk leather, 6mt, conv pkg, audio pkg, heated front&rear seats, bluetooth, nav plus, parktronic, DTM pkg, carbon trim, TPMS, rear&side shades (sold)

Active Member Two Rings Jimcoily's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Good luck finding that CTS-V wagon 6mt! If you find 2, let me know!
    fingers crossed
    2011 Stasis Challenge - APR Stage 2 (V4) - Roc-Euro intake - APR 57mm - JHM 179mm - Eurocode Headers - Milltek Resonated Catback - Eurocode Flywheel Stage 3 Clutch........

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
    Funny you say that. I made the switch already. My last 6MT was my B7 S4. Don't miss it. However, now I'm finding myself in a similar position concerning the dual clutch which seems to be going away in this segment as well. New RS5 has ZF8, new M5 ZF8, next M3/4 is expected to go ZF8. The S-tronic in the S6 is boring. Zero engagement as the car is so damn quiet. Kinda only leaves Porsche and up for a proper dual clutch. S-tronic in the TT-RS not so great, either and that category of car including the RS3 is just not my cup of tea. The Haldex is a big reason for that. R8 amazing transmission and engine, but terrible quattro system. Crazy initial understeer. Major disappointment in the driving dynamics department. My segment is really GT coupes and I'm running out of options. The ZF8 is getting better, though and the M5 implementation seems actually rather good especially in Sport+. Have to drive some of these cars to see where it's going next for me.
    Sorry to thread jack but how has the RS been reliability wise? Something I thought about upgrading to as well.
    2011 Phantom Black Effect S4 6MT, Sport Differential, Advanced Key, Audi Side Assist, Navigation, B&O, Red/black Silk Nappa Leather, Carbon Fiber Atlas Trim, Flat-Bottom Steering wheel with red stitching, RS4 Aluminum pedals, 034 Transmission mount, Roc-Euro Intake, Roc-Euro Short Shifter, 90mm AWE Touring Exhaust with stock downpipes, Unitronic Stage 2+, JHM 179mm Overdrive Crank Pulley, Stasis rear sway bar, Gloss Black RS4 Grille

AZ Member #

Ha! I'm in the same exact situation, but don't think I could bring myself to sell my project car ('69 GTO) for something more modern.
    64 Lincoln here. I'm at the crossroads of sell now and pretty much break even, or put $50k more into it and make $50k on top

Veteran Member Three Rings Silver Streakin's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 S4, 2014 Explorer

Iíve onky had my B8 S4 for a few months, so not even thinking about this. Likely keep it as long as possible... then 911?
    -Jeff
    2011 S4, manual, BB/panda, Sport diff, ADS, B&O | Uni stage 2+ | RocEuro intake | AWE Track & DPs resonated | H&R c/o | 19" VMR 710 & 19" Peelers

FOR SALE: '13 Mini Cooper Paceman S, All4, 6M, 100k CPO. See Non-Audi classifieds.

SOLD 2007 S4 DTM, Phantom Black Pearl, manual | JHM | FI | H&R | VMR | 034

RIP 2001.5 A4 1.8TQMS, Silver/Ebony | APR stage 3 + APR exhaust | STaSIS Tracksports | StopTechs

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by B8Addict View Post
    Sorry to thread jack but how has the RS been reliability wise? Something I thought about upgrading to as well.
    PM sent.

Veteran Member Three Rings MonSoonHell's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 A7, Lincoln LSC - Heavily Modded

Hmmmm... seems to be a trend brewing with 911s. All I can say is hurry up and join me!

And as far as another 6speed Audi, we can always purchase a new motor and keep our S4 forever...ha! Would be cheaper than purchasing another car.
    2012 Monsoon Grey S4, Prestige, Sport Diff, 6 spd w/Meisterwerk ASTS, RocEuro Intake, STaSIS, KW V.3 Coilover system, AMS Alpha Intercooler, P3Cars Gauge, VAG-COM modded, RS4 Grill, Alu Kreuz, CR-15 Bar, 034Motorsports Suspension Components, Adams Rotors w/Ceramic Pads, SS Brake/Clutch Cables, Summer-Niche Citrine H79 19x10s (275/30/19), Winter-CCW SP20 19x10s (275/35/19)

"Relief has differences, I would rather shit in a toilet than in my pants"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast