Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by MonSoonHell View Post
    Hmmmm... seems to be a trend brewing with 911s. All I can say is hurry up and join me!

And as far as another 6speed Audi, we can always purchase a new motor and keep our S4 forever...ha! Would be cheaper than purchasing another car.
    Honestly looked at long block prices the other day!

I like the idea of driving my S4 until I can logistically, and financially, get my 911 Turbo!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by nunzo View Post
    64 Lincoln here. I'm at the crossroads of sell now and pretty much break even, or put $50k more into it and make $50k on top
    I know. So tempting right now with classic car prices through the roof. Keep the thing forever and teach your kids how to appreciate it so they do the same! That's my plan, anyway. No doubt the govt will make driving it illegal sooner rather than later, sadly.

Senior Member Three Rings mecheng's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hahaha, awesome. I too am going to drive her until she's a billowing black smoke-blowing bucket of bolts. After that it all depends on how many kids we've spawned and what the wife is driving. If I manage to convince her to get into a 4Runner or similarly sized car then it'll be whatever 911 with a third pedal the budget can afford.
    2013 S4 | Brilliant Black | Premium | Magma/Black | Carbon Atlas | 19" Rotors | 6 Speed | ADS | Sport Diff | Side Assist

Previous:
    1. '82 911SC [sold]
    2. '11 WRX [murdered]
    3. '11 S4 [sold]
    4. '14 Fiat 500c Abarth [sold]

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

How is there no power drivers seat in the RS3? That's insane.
    2014 S4 | Glacier White | Premium + | DSG

Veteran Member Four Rings MrFunk's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Audi S4. 2017 Mini CMS JCW. 2016 Yamaha Z 125. 2007' Honda S2000

^^ Nice
    Yeah 911 would be a top candidate as well.
    12' Prestige S4 + 6MT - Original Owner
    GIAC stg II v2 + AWE Pulley + Alpha Boost Cooler + Meisterwerk Shrt Shifter + AWE Cat-Back + S-Flow Intake & AFE Filter + H&R Front & Rear Sways + USS End Links + H&R OE Springs & Bilstein B8 Sprt Dampeners + Alu-Kreuz + CR-15 Upper Strut Brace + Ceramic Pads & 2-Piece Drilled/Slotted Rotors & SS Lines + Apikol Diff Mnt + 034 Trans Mnt Insert + ECS Diff Inserts

Veteran Member Four Rings blackfunk's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tar View Post
    Gonna just start stockpiling manuals.
    B8 s4, b5 s4, b5 a4 avant, b7 rs4, r8 and a jeep and truck. Might swap the b8 for a 8.5 if a good option pops up.

I'm planning to add a car a year with r8 being the last. House will be paid off in about 5 years@ 33 and I have 7 garage spots already.

This is all assuming I dont ruin my life with wife and kids by then.
    Ruin? Why would you say that? Come on in the waters warm. Its either that or misery loves company. I'll let you figure out which LOL
    Life has taught me never try to make something idiot proof, they'll simply come up with a better idiot.

Established Member Four Rings JD S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hmmmm... seems to be a trend brewing with 911s. All I can say is hurry up and join me!

And as far as another 6speed Audi, we can always purchase a new motor and keep our S4 forever...ha! Would be cheaper than purchasing another car.
    Proof yet again that the perfect set of wheels is worth it's weight in gold. INCREDIBLE wheels make an already sexy car flawless.. It's like the AG M590's on the B8 chassis. Just perfection.. Sexy car, Brother.
    '11 S4 with all the mods

Senior Member Two Rings inception's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Q5 3.0T

I started looking at the S6.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Audizine mobile app
    2014 A4 S-Line Quattro,
    APR K04 E85 with 034 motorsports HFC and Custom dual exhaust with european TDI rear valence

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril4 View Post
    Hmm giulia?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Audizine mobile app
    This, E90 4door, or CTS-V....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

If I decide to stay with one car only, I'll probably pick up a 2016 6MT in a couple more years.

But then again, I look at all the clean B5's out there and envy those owners for keeping the car in such good shape. So keeping mine and having a P-car on the side is probably the route I'll be going.

A lot of great cars out there, just none that tick all the boxes like my B8 does for me.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Isnít that Alexís car from real auto dynamics ?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings rolsmi1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Recently traded by beloved B8 6MT for a DCT M3 with comp pkg. I've had manuals forever, and I was ready to move on. It has its upsides around town, especially in traffic, and the M is way quicker than my chipped S4. I actually miss Quattro more than the transmission. I wanted to stay with Audi, but they don't offer a model that I WANT that I would consider an upgrade over my S4. The RS3 is a performance beast- unfortunately, I just don't like the looks of the shorter wheelbase A3 platform. An RS4 sedan would have been the sweet spot for me, but the forthcoming Avant? No. From the early reviews of the RS5, it doesn't seem that impressive performance wise, although I really like the size and looks. I'm having to grow into the M, as it's my first turbo, DCT, and RWD performance car - quite a change from my previous cars.
    '18 M3 | DCT | Alpine White/Sakhir | Competition Pkg | NAV | Driver Assist Pkg | Blind Spot Pkg | 20" Forged Star 666M Wheels | Bone Stock

'10 S4 | 6 MT | B. Black/Red Silk Napa | ADS/Sports Rear Diff | NAV | Carbon Atlas | H&R OE Springs | STaSIS Tune 410chp| AWE Exhaust | Hartman 20" HRS4's| 3M Bumper Wrap|de "V6T" badged | TRADED

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Bone stock M3 (425 hp 404 tq) is faster than a stage 2 S4? Shouldnt they be about the same?

Oh no, what have I started....
    JHM K04-R // APR v3.1 // 034 HFC // Treadstone TR8 FMIC // Snow Performance Stage 2 WM Injection // Bilstein B12 Pro-kit // Borla Downpipe // // Rockford 8" Woofers // JL 10" Sub // 2200 W // Audison BitOne DSP

Senior Member Two Rings viceroy1976's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Audi A3 2.0T 6spd

Sadly my 2010 S4 6MT has been written off.

Even more sad is the complete lack of 6MT quattro cars. I'll still keep an eye out for a 6MT, but for now I'll be getting a 2013 A5 3.0T (yeah, I know it's really supercharged) quattro coupe stronic.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
    2013 Audi A5 3.0T coupe quattro s-tronic

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A4x View Post
    Bone stock M3 (425 hp 404 tq) is faster than a stage 2 S4? Shouldnt they be about the same?

Oh no, what have I started....
    For me, because of where I live, this would only be true for 6 months of the year.

Senior Member Four Rings Thurston's Avatar
    AZ Member #

http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/11/14/ne...bmw-m3-emerge/

"That engine will be mated to an eight-speed automatic, much like the BMW M5, or a six-speed manual. Also borrowed from the BMW M5 will likely be an xDrive all-wheel drive system with the ability to become rear-wheel drive at the press of a button. This will provide the M3 with the necessary traction to put all of its power to the road and accelerate as quickly as possible. It will also make the M3 much more of an all-weather sports car than before."

g80 m3 awd 6mt ...

AZ Member #

My next car will be electric. Once the S4 isnít economical to maintain and one of the big manufacturers comes out with something battery powered thatís affordable and good looking - or Tesla gets their shit together and figures out how to build cars. Iíll stuff something German, rwd, old, fun and gasoline powered (with 3 pedals) in the garage for weekends. Probably a 968 or m3.

Senior Member Three Rings SouthernBoy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '05 Acura TL, '14 Nissan Frontier

Good chance I would go with a Mustang GT. I have a neighbor who bought a 2018 Camaro SS and that car is crazy quick. But the Mustang fits my likes a bit better. I really do like and tend to prefer high-performance luxury sports sedans for their practicality and general use. But manuals in those types of vehicles are quickly disappearing. I know that in the not too distant future I may very well have to consider an automatic and if that day comes, I'll just have to deal with it.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

AZ Member #

I usually donít keep my cars longer than 2-3 years, but I may keep this S4 for a while. Just does everything well.

Next car will most likely be a 6SPD Golf R (I came from the VW world before getting the S4), or an S5 Sportback if i decide itís time to ditch the MT. Also had my eye on those C63 AMGís, but those are all auto as well.

Sucks for us MT guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by slacktide View Post
    Keeping it till they pass the Motor Law and force us into self-driving 2-lane wide alloy aircars.
    And pass it on to your nephew so on Sundays he can elude the eyes and hop the turbine freight to far outside the wire where his white-haired uncle waits!

Senior Member Three Rings bruno7652's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SB Hemi Sports Pkg
    Items for Sale

As far as I am concerned I am keeping my 6mt, it took me awhile to find it with the amenities that I wanted and I am not parting with it.
    If Audi wont build another 6mt then I will not be purchasing any new Audis in the future, their loss not mine.
    2013 S5 Phantom Black 6MT
    | Lifetime Sirius | Bilstein | AWE | 034 | Apikol | E C | JHM | BFI | H&R | CR-15 | BBS | Michelin | WeatherTech | BlackVue 750s-2CH | STOPTECH |

Senior Member Three Rings trip'n's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 B5 S4

Estor LOVE that Red bitch man....

For what its worth take a look at what 06-08 6MT RS4 are asking/ holding $$ wise..LMAO, just be sitting down first-

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4, Orange B5 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by trip'n View Post
    Estor LOVE that Red bitch man....

For what its worth take a look at what 06-08 6MT RS4 are asking/ holding $$ wise..LMAO, just be sitting down first-
    Mid 20s low 30s for a actually driven car isn't bad imo and about what they should be being a low production car.
    One sold for 54k if I remember right with 11k miles last week.
    2011 S4 6mt Black/ Magma/ Carbon
    HRE ff01 | Rotiform ind-t | BBS ch-r | AWE | P3 | Roc Euro | PLM | Eurocode Sways | Apr Stage 2 | H&R Sport | Q5 ECS Wave F/R | CR15 | AK | Eurocode Inserts | 034 subframe Inserts | Ecodes | Ecs Carbon Diffuser+Trunk lip+ Splitter | JHM CP | + more

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 B5 S4

A4X-- I ran a Newer M4 at high speed on the highway, WOT for about 10 miles. He was in back of me so I got a small jump of about a car or two however he stayed there. at one point he took the center lane thinking he would gain but never did-

No Clue if he was stock.I had just filled up gas wise and had about 80 pounds of luggage with me, He had a guest shotgun.

I'm not tuned in yet and I'm a 6 MT Ultra DP open pipe car-

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 B5 S4

Tar I think its stupid $$ for them. Upper 20's to Low or Mid 30's Avg. for clean..WHAT..lol

Could have an 2014 S6- or TTRS as well

Sure the S6 is not 6Mt and thats the point of this thread however if you compare cars and value

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I sold my previous car (GTI) and bought a B8.5 6MT because I knew the market would be thin.

Planning to drive it into the ground.
    2015 S4 Sepang Blue | 6MT | Tech | B&O | Leather | Carbon Atlas | Black Optics | Sport Diff
    ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik | H&R OE | ECS 10 & 12.5 mm spacers | USP Stainless Steel Clutch Line | Suntek CXP 35% | 034 Drivetrain Mounts

Established Member Two Rings Estoril4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Well, since no budget mentioned.. the new gt3 rs will have a NA flat 6 with 520 hp

Sent from my SM-G955U using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Currently looking for a 911 as well. Anyone interested in an S4 with 17K miles message me. Specs below in signature.
    '13 Monsoon, P+, 6spd MT, NAV, Sport Diff, 19" Peelers

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Empty...for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Thurston View Post
    http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/11/14/ne...bmw-m3-emerge/

"That engine will be mated to an eight-speed automatic, much like the BMW M5, or a six-speed manual. Also borrowed from the BMW M5 will likely be an xDrive all-wheel drive system with the ability to become rear-wheel drive at the press of a button. This will provide the M3 with the necessary traction to put all of its power to the road and accelerate as quickly as possible. It will also make the M3 much more of an all-weather sports car than before."

g80 m3 awd 6mt ...
    I like that prospect. A 2020 release would work out pretty well for me, too. I'll bet by late 2020 I'll be itching for something new.
    2015 Daytona Gray S4
    6MT / Sport Diff / B&O / Tech Pkg / Carbon Atlas / Black Alcantara
    Mods: S5 Peelers, Xpel Ultimate, 3M Color Stable Tint 35%, H&R Street Performance Coilovers, Euro Code Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sway Bars+Endlinks, CR-15, Eurocode Meisterwerk ASTS, AWE Resonated Touring Exhaust, ECS Luft-Technik Intake, 034 Transmission Mount, HCX LED 3000k Fog Lights, E-codes, Apikol Rear Diff Mount

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12