Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Summer Wheel/Tire Size Preferences - Stock Widths or....

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi all - I'm getting my mythos black RS3 towards the end of the month and definitely getting new summer wheels (and potentially tires) while keeping the staggered stock blades for dedicated winter use. After perusing some of the other wheel/tire threads, it seems most folks are sticking with 19's instead of going with 20's. When I bought aftermarket wheels previously, I always went a size up but the RS3 looks perfectly proportioned, especially lowered, on the stock 19's. I will also be lowering the car but the main question is what are the groups thoughts on staying with the staggered front/rear widths 8.5"/8" respectively and just using the stock Pirelli's? I see some folks moving to either 8.5" or 9" square but then you need either 2 or 4 new tires if you do that. I'm not against new tires if it's worth it but that what I'm trying to understand. Would love some feedback before I finalize my setup. Thanks in advance and awesome to be a new part of the Audi community!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I have a Mythos Black RS3 and Im going with 19X9 Neuspeed RSe102s in hyper black with 245/35/19 tires front and rear. Should be just about flush with the fenders with little poke if any. I chose the 245s over 255s because I plan to lower the car with H&R coil overs.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Awesome choice! Please post pics when you get them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings keninblaine's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    96 Porsche C4S

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyT555 View Post
    the main question is what are the groups thoughts on staying with the staggered front/rear widths 8.5"/8" respectively and just using the stock Pirelli's? I see some folks moving to either 8.5" or 9" square but then you need either 2 or 4 new tires if you do that. I'm not against new tires if it's worth it but that what I'm trying to understand. Would love some feedback before I finalize my setup. Thanks in advance and awesome to be a new part of the Audi community!
    You can move to 8.5" square setup and still use the staggered tire sizes rather than buying 2 new tires. The 235/35/19 fit fine on 8.5" rims, as shown in attached table. I wish Audi had just used 8.5" rims all around so people could easily opt for either square or staggered tire sizes.
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...ency-table.jpg
    2018 RS3 Florett Silver

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Great call. Thx Kenin. Going with 8.5 square with the stock tires is probably what Ill do. Anyone do stock tires with 8.5 wheels all around? Do the 235s look stretched at all on an 8.5 wheel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings davebeats's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Audi RS3

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyT555 View Post
    Great call. Thx Kenin. Going with 8.5 square with the stock tires is probably what Ill do. Anyone do stock tires with 8.5 wheels all around? Do the 235s look stretched at all on an 8.5 wheel?

Thats the setup I'm currently running

looks fine.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Three Rings Paul@SupremePower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 RS3 |2014 B8.5 S5 stage 2+ |2010 MK6 GTI KO4 -gone

I went 19x9 245/35 Square for winter with all seasons. There werent too many sure choices in October when I was looking.
    Ill probably use the stock tires over 19x8.5 on summers wheels when I decide what I want just to use them up then go square after that. The performance on staggered is nice but these days I seem to lean towards the convenience square gives.

Paul@SupremePower.com aka: allset
    Call or Text: 914-243-1993

| 034 | ADV.1 | AG | Advan | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Forgeline | H&R | Klassen | KW | Milltek | Modulare | Neuspeed | Ohlins | OZ | Stoptech | Signature | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Vossen | Work | & many more

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Thanks for the feedback fellas. Ill run stock tires on new 8.5 width wheels all around. Cant wait for Spring....