Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: A5 coding help

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

A5 coding help

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello fellow Audizine users

So I had recently got an oil change done by a garage and they coded it to where the cluster screen now tells me how many miles until I need to change it again. I was wondering if anyone knew how to change that coding so I do not see it every start up.

Thanks

Veteran Member Four Rings Gunnark100's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by OVO_Babu View Post
    Hello fellow Audizine users

So I had recently got an oil change done by a garage and they coded it to where the cluster screen now tells me how many miles until I need to change it again. I was wondering if anyone knew how to change that coding so I do not see it every start up.

Thanks
    Go back and let them reset oil service properly. Nothing coding related, just tiny fault they did!
    Retrofits: FL taillights / MMI 3G & 3G+/ Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster/ BiXenon/ ADS Lite
    Other: ECU Tune/ VCDS Tweaks/ FL Gearknob/ Soundproofing/ Interior 6D Carbon Wrap/ Rieger Rep Front Bumper Valance/ Basic sound(8) upgrade to "ASS"(9+1) + B/O Sub(in sidepanel)/Tweeters + Activsub/ Efficiency Prog via Cluster & Gateway flash/ Sideskirts/ Window Tint/ Wsp Peeler reps/ License plate & Interior leds

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

or if you know anyone with a vagcom cable they can reset it for you also.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I do have to do an oil change soon, been 5600 miles since. I also have a obdeleven thing too. maybe ill try to take a picture next time it shows up, I feel like im not explaining it correctly.

AZ Member #

aaa....ok, your first post was, you had oil change recently :)...you just got this message, it was not there after oilchange, gotcha!

http://box349.listingfactoryhost.net...290b_large.jpg
    Retrofits: FL taillights / MMI 3G & 3G+/ Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster/ BiXenon/ ADS Lite
    Other: ECU Tune/ VCDS Tweaks/ FL Gearknob/ Soundproofing/ Interior 6D Carbon Wrap/ Rieger Rep Front Bumper Valance/ Basic sound(8) upgrade to "ASS"(9+1) + B/O Sub(in sidepanel)/Tweeters + Activsub/ Efficiency Prog via Cluster & Gateway flash/ Sideskirts/ Window Tint/ Wsp Peeler reps/ License plate & Interior leds

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

yes my bad. so mine does look like the picture, didnt happen until I got the oil change. sorry for misleading. :/

maybe ill try to ask the guy who did it, but I feel like it must be a coding thing, since it came after it.

AZ Member #

yes my bad. so mine does look like the picture, didnt happen until I got the oil change. sorry for misleading. :/
    No problem, ive seen threads for this few times over the years, but this is standard s...t for audis and solution is unknown how disable this...Nobody likes this:(. Not sure, will this start from 1000 miles or more to the service!

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Okay, so I got an oil change done today. Did the service thing, and now no more on start up. but now they changed the oil change interval to 3200... I dont know why they did that and realized when I got home. I tried googling and what not to find the coding to change the intervals but no luck. Do you know the coding steps to change that?

AZ Member #

Okay, so I got an oil change done today. Did the service thing, and now no more on start up. but now they changed the oil change interval to 3200... I dont know why they did that and realized when I got home. I tried googling and what not to find the coding to change the intervals but no luck. Do you know the coding steps to change that?
    If my memory correct, oil service distance is under channel 40 on b8!

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks, I will take a look tomorrow morning. You my man are an Audi wisdom god

AZ Member #

Thanks, I will take a look tomorrow morning. You my man are an Audi wisdom god

Keep in mind that value there is 100x less from real distance figure!
    Last edited by Gunnark100; 02-16-2018 at 04:54 AM.