Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: looking for S6

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Casa Stg 3 S4
    Items for Sale

looking for S6

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    In the market for an S6. Figured I'd post here to see if anyone with a 6spd swapped car may be interested in selling. I prefer a car with under 150k miles. That or maybe someone with a clean S6 has been tossing the idea around. I had a car (non 6spd) in NH I was going to buy today. My stepdad flew out to see it and was going to drive it back for me, but it was a little rougher around the edges than we wanted so now I'm trying to expand my search. Cant hurt to try here!
    Past (in order): Hibiscus Red B5 A4 ,2003 Audi RS6, B6 s4, UrQuattro, Urs4, Nogaro sport B5 S4 avant, Silver stg 3 B5 s4, 2010 A6 Avant prestige

Present: Casablance White stg 3 B5 S4 avant, 2002 Audi S6

Veteran Member Three Rings carmudgeon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 TTS Roadster, 1995.5 S6 Avant
    Items for Sale

not mine but i talked to this guy in minneapolis last month. seemed to be in decent mechanical shape although some of his paint 'corrections' were rudimentary.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/c...481530571.html
    Previous vehicles: 2017 Golf R - 2002 S6 Avant - 2013 S4 - 2008 Subaru STi - 2007 Mazdaspeed3

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Casa Stg 3 S4
    Items for Sale

Thank you! I did find his add on craigslist and also quattroworld. Would you care to elaborate on the paint? I see it mentioned but is it rattled canned or something? I haven't reached out yet though as the mileage is at the higher end of the spectrum and so is his price. It is definately on my radar though. I actually almost bought a red one in New Hampshire. A family member flew out to see the vehicle yesterday for me (all the way from WA where we live) and was going to drive it back but it was not as expected I guess. So now Im reaching out here. Maybe someone on the fence of selling theres could lead to a win win situation for the both of us. If not, any good leads are appreciated.
    Past (in order): Hibiscus Red B5 A4 ,2003 Audi RS6, B6 s4, UrQuattro, Urs4, Nogaro sport B5 S4 avant, Silver stg 3 B5 s4, 2010 A6 Avant prestige

Senior Member Three Rings m_haiser's Avatar
    AZ Member #

there is an S6 for sale in WA right now. and half the price of that one posted. ill find it again real quick if youre interested

AZ Member #

THIS one
    and THIS one in bend OR

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Casa Stg 3 S4
    Items for Sale

Wow, I've never come across the Anacortes car before. good find! I did find the one in Bend.

AZ Member #

yeah the bend one sounds a little rough....

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '02 S6 Avant, '17 Mk7 Golf Wolfsburg

I may be forced to sell my 02 S6, wife is pressuring me as we have our first baby on the way. Nemo blue on black leather, recently o1e 6 speed swapped, in pretty good condition, 153k miles. PMed you my info, still haven't made the decision if i'm actually going to sell it, but it is looking more and more likely.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Casa Stg 3 S4
    Items for Sale

I dont have any PM. The S6 would be a great car for you and your family though!

Veteran Member Three Rings carmudgeon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 TTS Roadster, 1995.5 S6 Avant
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Eurotuned_A4 View Post
    Thank you! I did find his add on craigslist and also quattroworld. Would you care to elaborate on the paint? I see it mentioned but is it rattled canned or something? I haven't reached out yet though as the mileage is at the higher end of the spectrum and so is his price. It is definately on my radar though. I actually almost bought a red one in New Hampshire. A family member flew out to see the vehicle yesterday for me (all the way from WA where we live) and was going to drive it back but it was not as expected I guess. So now Im reaching out here. Maybe someone on the fence of selling theres could lead to a win win situation for the both of us. If not, any good leads are appreciated.
    Yeah he had tried to touch up the paint himself, there was a few spots of rust that he had used POR 15 or something like that. Seemed like an honest guy though, I ended up buying a C4 S6 instead.
    Previous vehicles: 2017 Golf R - 2002 S6 Avant - 2013 S4 - 2008 Subaru STi - 2007 Mazdaspeed3

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '02 S6 Avant, '17 Mk7 Golf Wolfsburg

I dont have any PM. The S6 would be a great car for you and your family though!
    I agree! Trying to convince my wife is another story. Stuck in a lease for my VW or it would be off the table.

Veteran Member Four Rings dufferdude's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I could go check out the S6 in Anacortes this weekend if anybody is interested? About 40 mins away.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Casa Stg 3 S4
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdude View Post
    I could go check out the S6 in Anacortes this weekend if anybody is interested? About 40 mins away.
    You're closer than me, but I'm looking at other options first.

AZ Member #

somebody buy my jetta or buy me an allroad! sorry ill stop thread jacking now....

Active Member One Ring leadphut's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I might be convinced to sell my car.

150k miles. very well taken care of. wrapped in Nardo grey. Bilstein coilovers. 2 sets of rims. comfort interior in excellent condition. Q5 rack. RS6 steering wheel w/working paddles. RS6 oval exhaust tips, minus mufflers. sounds healthy and runs extremely well. gets compliments everywhere i go. turns heads constantly.

it's my hobby car and am planning on converting to an RS6. i love it, but am fickle when it comes to cars and have many interests.

recently spent $4k on maintenance items such as timing belt, water pump, all upper control arms, other bits-n-bobs.

would need at least 10k to get interested.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 allroad FBP 6mt, 06 VW Passat Komfort, 08 VW Touareg V8 FSI

Wow! Stunner!

Veteran Member Four Rings mithril's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The S6 would be a great car for you and your family though!
    Agreed. Both my kids came home in our S6, itís a great family hauler. More than enough room for 2 adults, 2 kids in car seats and all the gear needed for multi-week road trips. Iím really going to miss that car 😥
    Current: 2008 FSI V8 Touareg, Galpagos Grey Metallic on Sienna interior
    Former: 2002 S6, Silver on Silver Pearl w/ Alcantara insert.... stolen, used in a targeted gang murder and given a Viking funeral
    Former: 2000 A6 4.2L... killed by a distracted driver

Veteran Member Three Rings Sparkstack's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Bits of a 2003 S6, 1990 turbo Miata, 1996 LS400

Quote Originally Posted by Gogeees View Post
    I may be forced to sell my 02 S6, wife is pressuring me as we have our first baby on the way. Nemo blue on black leather, recently o1e 6 speed swapped, in pretty good condition, 153k miles. PMed you my info, still haven't made the decision if i'm actually going to sell it, but it is looking more and more likely.
    Babies fit just fine. Car even has the child seat mounts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    2002 S8 - Daily driver.
    2003 S6 - R.I.P. (parting out - PM me if you need anything)
    1996 LS400 - Wife's whip. Thing is bullet proof.
    1990 Miata with FM Turbo - Pocket rocket.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4 Avant, 05 Silver S4 2.7t swap
    Items for Sale

Peelers look so good on so many Audis. Leadphut, nice looking ride!

Veteran Member Four Rings TQMB5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 S6

if you are handy, i would not worry about the mileage. a 15 year old car that doesn't get driven scares me more. mine has been awesome, but thats all relative to other Audi's, but it looks like you understand that maintenance bills that come with them judging by your signature. i have had many issues that i have come to expect, but the engine is bulletproof.

I bought mine with 155K 3 years ago, but it came from a guy who had full maintenance records and was meticulously maintained. I would find a clean s6, not one with low mileage.

and for what tis worth, i gave mine to my fiancť in December because i bought a 17' GMC sierra Duramax, and after driving the S6 today (winter tires and fresh 6" of snow), i would take my 15 year old s6 over the Denali anyway of the week, if utility is not a consideration.

good luck, and be patient. If i were in the market i would wait and buy one from here. lot of people who sell their vehicles at a massive loss, considering the time and parts they put into them, not to mention they take care of them.

happy hunting.
    ::2002 S6

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Not to hijack, I have been looking for a RS4 for a bit then a buddy told me to look at the RS6, and already like it more being a little bit bigger and having the v10. I have googled/wiki and looked around here for info, so I'm just joining your thread to read up and still any tips and stuff I should look at.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Casa Stg 3 S4
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by TQMB5 View Post
    if you are handy, i would not worry about the mileage. a 15 year old car that doesn't get driven scares me more. mine has been awesome, but thats all relative to other Audi's, but it looks like you understand that maintenance bills that come with them judging by your signature. i have had many issues that i have come to expect, but the engine is bulletproof.

I bought mine with 155K 3 years ago, but it came from a guy who had full maintenance records and was meticulously maintained. I would find a clean s6, not one with low mileage.

and for what tis worth, i gave mine to my fiancť in December because i bought a 17' GMC sierra Duramax, and after driving the S6 today (winter tires and fresh 6" of snow), i would take my 15 year old s6 over the Denali anyway of the week, if utility is not a consideration.

good luck, and be patient. If i were in the market i would wait and buy one from here. lot of people who sell their vehicles at a massive loss, considering the time and parts they put into them, not to mention they take care of them.

happy hunting.
    Definitely being smart about it. Mainly I don't want something extremely high mileage. Aiming for 150k and under and I have a few bites. Just taking my time and trying to make the smart decision.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Casa Stg 3 S4
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by leadphut View Post
    I might be convinced to sell my car.

150k miles. very well taken care of. wrapped in Nardo grey. Bilstein coilovers. 2 sets of rims. comfort interior in excellent condition. Q5 rack. RS6 steering wheel w/working paddles. RS6 oval exhaust tips, minus mufflers. sounds healthy and runs extremely well. gets compliments everywhere i go. turns heads constantly.

it's my hobby car and am planning on converting to an RS6. i love it, but am fickle when it comes to cars and have many interests.

recently spent $4k on maintenance items such as timing belt, water pump, all upper control arms, other bits-n-bobs.

would need at least 10k to get interested.
    Whats the color underneath the wrap and whats the condition of the paint?

Active Member One Ring leadphut's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Veteran Member Four Rings rollerton's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S6 Avant X TWO! and 67' Speed buggy
    Items for Sale

if you hurry you might be able to get this ...

(notice the transmission specification..seller says it is correct)

https://louisville.craigslist.org/ct...493718891.html

foley803 : What does an electrical surge sound like? Barking dogs? Watermelons?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4 Avant, 05 Silver S4 2.7t swap
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by rollerton View Post

Some people unknowingly refer to Tips as manual transmissions. Could put it to rest with a pic of interior front column.

If it truly is a MT swapped car, itís a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by jbain2 View Post
    Some people unknowingly refer to Tips as manual transmissions. Could put it to rest with a pic of interior front column.

If it truly is a MT swapped car, itís a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually asked the seller..he says it's got a manual trans from an A6.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Casa Stg 3 S4
    Items for Sale

That thing looks rough....not sure low price matters even with manual swap if I need to spend thousands just to get it to my liking.

Veteran Member Four Rings mithril's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Ya, came across that one in my search for comparable vehicles in case my insurance company tried to lowball me on the payout value of my S6. There is not a lot out there anymore :(
    Current: 2008 FSI V8 Touareg, Galpagos Grey Metallic on Sienna interior
    Former: 2002 S6, Silver on Silver Pearl w/ Alcantara insert.... stolen, used in a targeted gang murder and given a Viking funeral
    Former: 2000 A6 4.2L... killed by a distracted driver

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Casa Stg 3 S4
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by rollerton View Post

Contacted him and there is some brake issue (wont hold fluid, didn't provide more info than that) in addition to the damage. It is a manual though. Too far and in too rough of shape. Probably good for someone local to it though.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Contacted him and there is some brake issue (wont hold fluid, didn't provide more info than that) in addition to the damage. It is a manual though. Too far and in too rough of shape. Probably good for someone local to it though.
    Agree! Fantastic deal for a running / driving'ish beater / parts car. Who the hell needs brakes when you have the engine braking of a manual V8 and a (probably ) single mass flywheel! Someone on a budget is going to get a damn good car for the price.

if it was ANYTHING but silver ...

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    04 silverado V8, 06 Touareg V8, 03 S6 V8, 03 RS6 V8TT

That thing looks rough....not sure low price matters even with manual swap if I need to spend thousands just to get it to my liking.
    Agree with this.

I'm looking for one this year too and want the same thing you do as a base for an rs6 avant. The supply in washington and oregon seems to have dried up, though maybe its not the right time of year.

And Bob I'd take a silver one. Makes for an easy swap of allroad doors.
    -dre

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Casa Stg 3 S4
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by 8520 View Post
    Agree with this.

I'm looking for one this year too and want the same thing you do as a base for an rs6 avant. The supply in washington and oregon seems to have dried up, though maybe its not the right time of year.

And Bob I'd take a silver one. Makes for an easy swap of allroad doors.
    There are a few around I'm just being picky. If the plan is to go RS6 I think its easier to start with a not so perfect base car which should be easier to find. BTW, Benji still has the cactus S4 and its going strong. It now has OEM RS4 front bumper.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

There are a few around I'm just being picky. If the plan is to go RS6 I think its easier to start with a not so perfect base car which should be easier to find. BTW, Benji still has the cactus S4 and its going strong. It now has OEM RS4 front bumper.
    I want a clean base to start with so i donít have to paint right away. Want to start with a base, then 6 speed swap, then work towards rs6 stuff.

Any pics of the s4? I know mike would love to see them. Not sure if i still have your number.
    -dre

Established Member Two Rings Fast Co's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 8520 View Post
    I want a clean base to start with so i donít have to paint right away. Want to start with a base, then 6 speed swap, then work towards rs6 stuff.
    Starting with a good solid base pays off in the long run. Sometimes people put a lot of time and money into a project that starts out with a needy *recipient* car. I currently have 4 cars with engine swaps (plus a few others in the past), the drivetrain is only part of the package. You're still driving the car (body, suspension, brakes, interior, etc). Years ago I swapped a 5.0 into a cheap Volvo wagon that was sitting around, ran great but it eventually got too rusty to keep on the road. I later bought a better car to "reswap".
    '02 RS6 Avant (conversion)
    '02 S6 Avant
    '89 964 C4

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Co View Post
    Starting with a good solid base pays off in the long run. Sometimes people put a lot of time and money into a project that starts out with a needy *recipient* car. I currently have 4 cars with engine swaps (plus a few others in the past), the drivetrain is only part of the package. You're still driving the car (body, suspension, brakes, interior, etc). Years ago I swapped a 5.0 into a cheap Volvo wagon that was sitting around, ran great but it eventually got too rusty to keep on the road. I later bought a better car to "reswap".
    Completely agree. It's worth a few extra thousand to not have to fix mileage related issues.
    -dre

Senior Member Two Rings IronmanS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gogeees View Post
    PM'd you about your S6.
    2015 S4 - Sepang/Sport Diff/B&O/ Black Optic
    2003 911 Carrera C4S- GT3 plenum | KW V1 | Forged Victor wheels | Tarrett GT3 LCA's |
    2007 RS4 - Daytona- EPL tune- DRC delete- -ECS H pipe-Powerflex bushings- ( SOLD )
    2003 E55 AMG-
    PAST-
    2008 S6 V10
    2003 RS6-Custom tune-Milltek-gutted DP's -Daytona
    2001.5 S4 -JHM RS6R's-034 3in DP-034 Exhaust-KW's
    2001 S4-EPL Stg3 KO4's-All Stasis- Beast !
    1995.5 S6 Tornado Red Avant-KKK Hybrid,VEMS-Stromung-2B Coilovers-BBS LM's

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Casa Stg 3 S4
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by IronmanS4 View Post
    PM'd you about your S6.
    He was communicating for a bit at first but I haven't heard back from my last communication.