Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings BlackOptics's Avatar
    AZ Member #

5-Cylinder Cars (held at Port) Updates & Modifications?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    As is noted in the RS3 and TTRS forums, there are several of us waiting for their 5-cyclinder cars, as they are held in port. From what we understand (and thanks, Vincenzo, for your personal emails and updates), there is a flash update to be performed early in Feb - and then the cars should be ready for trucking to our dealers. But, we are also hearing other random reasons. Can we get any clarity? Our dealers seem "in the dark", and Audi USA seems to be very sparse with updates on this topic.

Rumors for the hold and the update (which seemingly "only affects some VIN's") have varied from "sound/emissions related", to HPFP, to a melting waste gate tube, to "engine vibration".

Rumors for what happens AFTER the "fix" is that the "snap/crackle/pops" are reduced. The online AudiUSA configurator has notably remove reference to "Sport Exhaust System with Black tips" and now seems to charge $1,000 for "RS model oval exhaust tips".

1) what is the source of the issue and hold?
    2) what is now different about the Exhaust System?
    3) what affects on the performance of the car should be expect due to the 'fix'?
    4) will this effect all 2018/2019 5-cylinder cars? (i.e. even delivered cars)

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by BlackOptics; 01-26-2018 at 12:07 PM.
    2018 TT RS (Mk3/8S) 2.5 TFSI, Glacier White, Black Optic, Tech, Design Select w/Leather, Red Caliper, Sports Exh, Spoiler Delete. [On Order]
    2015 Q7 (4L) 3.0TDI, Glacier White, Prestige, S-Line, Black Optic, Tow, 21" Rotors
    2011 A4 Avant (B8) 2.0T, Ibis White, Premium+, Titanium Sport Pkg, Nav, B&O, 19" Rotors
    [Gone: 2017 TTS, 2003 A4 Avant]

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOptics View Post
    As is noted in the RS3 and TTRS forums, there are several of us waiting for their 5-cyclinder cars, as they are held in port. From what we understand (and thanks, Vincenzo, for your personal emails and updates), there is a flash update to be performed early in Feb - and then the cars should be ready for trucking to our dealers. But, we are also hearing other random reasons. Can we get any clarity? Our dealers seem "in the dark", and Audi USA seems to be very sparse with updates on this topic.

Rumors for the hold and the update (which seemingly "only affects some VIN's") have varied from "sound/emissions related", to HPFP, to a melting waste gate tube, to "engine vibration".

Rumors for what happens AFTER the "fix" is that the "snap/crackle/pops" are reduced. The online AudiUSA configurator has notably remove reference to "Sport Exhaust System with Black tips" and now seems to charge $1,000 for "RS model oval exhaust tips".

1) what is the source of the issue and hold?
    2) what is now different about the Exhaust System?
    3) what affects on the performance of the car should be expect due to the 'fix'?
    4) will this affect all 2018/2019 5-cylinder cars? (i.e. even delivered cars)

Thanks in advance.
    Good morning BlackOptics,

I do appreciate you bringing additional awareness and visibility to this matter. I have been in contact with all of my applicable resources to gain additional information, at this point I am not able to answer any of your questions.
    I apologize, because I know the lack of information on the status has to be the most frustrating part. More information should be coming forth towards the middle/end of February, so please stay tuned until that point.

Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

AudiUSA,

Are ALL the RS3's sitting in US ports affected? Does this mean that any RS3 sitting at a US port as of this morning will not be delivered until March? I ask, because my dealer is telling me that they will have an RS3 on the lot by next week.

Thanks!

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '86 Porsche 944, '73 Dodge Charger, '07 Audi RS4, '01 Audi S4

I can confirm that audi has said they will not have an update until the second week of February and all 5 cylinders are held until at least then.
    Think you have it bad, all 2018 R8's have been at port since October for an undisclosed issue.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings Uncle Buck's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '10 VW GTI, '13 Audi Q5 2.0T, '15 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock

There are 2018 RS3ís on dealer lots now - What could have changed??

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Vincenzo,

Any update here ? Are we still waiting until the end of February ?

Active Member Two Rings BlackOptics's Avatar
    AZ Member #

AudiUSA,
    Seems the Canadian 5-cyclinder cars have made it onto transportation.

Can you report whether the Canadian port Stop Order has been lifted?

Any news on the US port Stop Order?

Thanks in advance.
    2018 TT RS (Mk3/8S) 2.5 TFSI, Glacier White, Black Optic, Tech, Design Select w/Leather, Red Caliper, Sports Exh, Spoiler Delete. [On Order]
    2015 Q7 (4L) 3.0TDI, Glacier White, Prestige, S-Line, Black Optic, Tow, 21" Rotors
    2011 A4 Avant (B8) 2.0T, Ibis White, Premium+, Titanium Sport Pkg, Nav, B&O, 19" Rotors
    [Gone: 2017 TTS, 2003 A4 Avant]

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOptics View Post
    AudiUSA,
    Seems the Canadian 5-cyclinder cars have made it onto transportation.

Can you report whether the Canadian port Stop Order has been lifted?

Any news on the US port Stop Order?

Thanks in advance.
    As of this morning I do not have any actionable updates to provide. I am continuing to monitor the situation closely and will post on this thread when there is an update available. Thank you all for your patience.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

This is getting old. Cars have been stuck in port since November ?

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

BlackOptics... Thank you so much for posting this thread. I had a TT RS order in process that I started back in sept and just before this news broke I was expected to take delivery next month. I contacted my dealer and Vincenzo (an amazing and patient professional) and without further explanation my order got pushed back to late april/ early may. Since no information is being provided from anyone from Audi, I can only assume the worst (Audi corporate has likely made it clear not to comment on this). I quickly searched around and found a nardo gray TT RS at a somewhat nearby dealer and pulled the trigger. Thank you again, BlackOptics for helping me out.