Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings ghgoldberg's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Navigation Update Availability

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have a 2012 S5 Cabriolet with MMI 3 that I purchased new. I love the car, but have had constant issues with getting timely navigation updates.

First is the price. I have no problem with the $200+ for the update data, but charging $250 for the labor to install the update is outrageous. I understand that performing the update takes a fair amount of time and that ties up a bay, but didn't Audi know that when they decided to move away from a DVD-based system? With other brands, you simply purchase the DVD and install it yourself.

And then there is the issue of timeliness of the updates. On two occasions, I brought the car in and when picking it up at the end of the day, I was told that they didn't do it because it turned out that they had to order the update. And they can not tell me when the next update (2017/2018) will be available. It's bad enough that when the update finally *is* available, the data is well over a year old. If I am going to pay north of $500 for the update, I would at least like it to be fresh.

This issue has spoiled me on the Audi brand. Audi's handling of the navigation updates shows a complete disregard of the needs of the customer.

At the very least, can you please tell me when the next North America update will be available for my system, so I can schedule getting it installed?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Audizine mobile app

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ghgoldberg View Post
    I have a 2012 S5 Cabriolet with MMI 3 that I purchased new. I love the car, but have had constant issues with getting timely navigation updates.

First is the price. I have no problem with the $200+ for the update data, but charging $250 for the labor to install the update is outrageous. I understand that performing the update takes a fair amount of time and that ties up a bay, but didn't Audi know that when they decided to move away from a DVD-based system? With other brands, you simply purchase the DVD and install it yourself.

And then there is the issue of timeliness of the updates. On two occasions, I brought the car in and when picking it up at the end of the day, I was told that they didn't do it because it turned out that they had to order the update. And they can not tell me when the next update (2017/2018) will be available. It's bad enough that when the update finally *is* available, the data is well over a year old. If I am going to pay north of $500 for the update, I would at least like it to be fresh.

This issue has spoiled me on the Audi brand. Audi's handling of the navigation updates shows a complete disregard of the needs of the customer.

At the very least, can you please tell me when the next North America update will be available for my system, so I can schedule getting it installed?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing the situation to my attention. I can completely understand your frustrations, as it seems silly to spend close to $500 on map updates only to have them be out of date soon after installation. In situations such as this, it is probably best to speak with the leadership team within the service department of the dealership. With your VIN I can perform some research but will not be as great of a resource as the dealership will. Please let me know if you have questions!

Best regards,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Established Member Two Rings ghgoldberg's Avatar
    AZ Member #

That's part of the problem. They seem to know even less than I do. We have even scheduled to perform the update, I dropped the car off in the morning, and when I went to pick it up they said that they haven't done it because they needed the update sent to them. They could not tell me the part number or the dates of the maps. It's like Audi doesn't give a damn.