Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Sports Differential Fault and Other (near end) Warranty Questions

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My warranty is up next month, I was going to take it in to the dealer later this month to have them look at Intermittent back up camera cut outs, exhaust rattle (more pronounced during cold weather) and door rattles with music.

Yesterday I had the infamous sports differential system fault warning.

It appeared on start, not during any spirited driving and stayed on for the whole day during multiple turn ons/offs.

I am going to have them look at that too, and have read on here stories about the whole differential needing to be replaced (>10k job?). Today the sports diff warning went away which makes me concerned that they are going to say everything is fine and then I'm going to have a very expensive problem after the warranty is up next month. Any advice on this?

I also saw worn bushings on my control arms with cracked rubber - is this warranteable?

Any other things to have them look at before my warranty is up? Thanks!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Had control arm bushings and guide links replaced under warranty. Got the impression my relationship with the dealer was instrumental here. Apparently they arenít obliged to change the bushings until theyíre practically exploding. Simple cracks might not count. Backup camera will throw a code most likely Iíve been told, though itís not in the engine, obviously: mine was replaced under warranty after they either replicated the issue or saw some kind of recorded fault: wiring faulty according to TSB. Sport Diff: at the very least demonstrating awareness of the issue within warranty will make goodwill assistance outside of warranty more likely. But if youíve received the fault, it should be stored for your dealership visit. My 0.02.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Anyone have any luck with goodwill assistance? Worried that the dealership will try to screw me just have it come back after warranty is done

Veteran Member Four Rings Dr GP's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Lexus RX 350/Mountaineer

I would have a conversation with the service manager about the sport dif and possibly AoA. If they do not find anything to repair on the SD, I would want documentation and assurances from both that it will be taken care of out of warranty if and when the need arises. Something in writing would be preferred, especially since the SM could be someone different when you need the repair. I would assume the cracked bushing would be covered. Why not?