Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Chipwerke S and other tuning devices

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Another noob question -- can we tune these cars ourselves using one of the tuning devices like the Chipwerke S? OR
    Must we go through licensed sellers of tuned chips or maps for the ECU? I still am not clear on how the practice of tuning can be done. Thank you.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

If youíre asking if thereís a way for us to mess with ECU tuning directly and fine tune it, no thatís not an option for us.

Now the chipwerke is a way of I guess tuning at home and you can adjust the settings somewhat but thatís a stretch. For a proper tune, you have to go to a licensed shop for the tune or use one of the flash from Home kits like EPL. Either way, you arenít going to be going into the tune file and adjusting small details. EPL is nice because they can work with you in optimizing the tune for your specific car unlike other companies. They do this by you recording your logs thru VCDS and then you send it to them and they fine tune it.

Short answer: no

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

That helps a lot. Thank you. Is there a Sticky Post somewhere regarding tuning? I have not seen it if there is.

Veteran Member Four Rings Dr GP's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Lexus RX 350/Mountaineer

But if you want to keep your warranty the Chipwerke is the easiest way to improve performance. Cheap,easy to install and remove. Undetectable by dealer if removed prior to service appointment