Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Active Member One Ring Momo_S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05 2017
    AZ Member #
    410803
    Location
    Mississauga

    suspension recommendations !

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey hows it going everyone! just purchased my 2015 Audi S4 Technik, its lava grey pearl on black interior loving the car always have, but now its time to modify it! gotta get ready for the summer season. wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations of coilovers or springs which is better. heard good things about the KW H.A.S kit but don't think it goes low enough, loved to hear what you guys have to say! please send pic too.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Three Rings jbullin2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 21 2014
    AZ Member #
    304825
    My Garage
    2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL
    Location
    East Troy WI

    Quote Originally Posted by Momo_S4 View Post
    Hey hows it going everyone! just purchased my 2015 Audi S4 Technik, its lava grey pearl on black interior loving the car always have, but now its time to modify it! gotta get ready for the summer season. wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations of coilovers or springs which is better. heard good things about the KW H.A.S kit but don't think it goes low enough, loved to hear what you guys have to say! please send pic too.
    I really loved my PSS10 for Track and ďto the trackĒ use.





    I have H&R RSS+ now and kind of regret it. They perform better on the track but make street driving much less enjoyable.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Four Rings tar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 07 2009
    AZ Member #
    44682
    My Garage
    B8 S4, Orange B5 Avant
    Location
    Socal/IE

    Good coils over springs, good springs over cheap coils.

    For daily non track use it depends on your budget and lowering goals.
    2011 S4 6mt Black/ Magma/ Carbon
    HRE ff01 | Rotiform ind-t | BBS ch-r | AWE | P3 | Roc Euro | PLM | Eurocode Sways | Apr Stage 2 | H&R Sport | Q5 ECS Wave F/R | CR15 | AK | Eurocode Inserts | 034 subframe Inserts | Ecodes | Ecs Carbon Diffuser+Trunk lip+ Splitter | JHM CP | + more

  4. #4
    Senior Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 28 2015
    AZ Member #
    365055
    Location
    Montreal, QC

    PSS10 or B12 or stock ;)
    S4 B8.5 no track, just enjoying spirited driving.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 02 2014
    AZ Member #
    142935
    My Garage
    2011 STI - full suspension upgrade, Stage II+, 2015 M235 coupe
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Items for Sale

    IMO, the S4 suspension lowering of 1" is about the limit for retaining ride and suspension geometry. I've done springs but only do it if upgrading struts too.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 05 2009
    AZ Member #
    40781
    My Garage
    1984 Audi 4000S Quattro, 1989 Toyota MR2 SC, 1960 Alfa Spider
    Location
    SF BayArea

    Quote Originally Posted by whts4 View Post
    IMO, the S4 suspension lowering of 1" is about the limit for retaining ride and suspension geometry. I've done springs but only do it if upgrading struts too.
    ....and to keep from tearing your front lip off on every driveway and dip

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Four Rings saxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 16 2012
    AZ Member #
    102339
    Location
    pa
    Items for Sale

    pss10

    h&r streets
    2010 s4 Prestige- Unitronic~3.221 ratio~pss10~MercRacing HX~AWE touring~Eurocode sways~custom 4" intake
    Past cars 2012 Nissan GT-R -2014 S6-2016 s3-2015 M3
    2011 b8 s4--
    11.9** @ 116 apr 93 octane tune
    11.7@ 118 104oct apr tune

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Three Rings Luna's S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 22 2013
    AZ Member #
    115670
    My Garage
    Cannondale, Orbea & a Trek
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Items for Sale

    Another PSS10 vote. Lowered & smooth for over three years and almost 25k miles.
    2011 S4 DSG Prestige w/ Revo! Bilstein! H&R RSB! AP Racing! Michelin PSS!

  9. #9
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 26 2017
    AZ Member #
    398469
    Location
    Nashville, TN

    Also, there is are two great features on here...Search and Advanced Search. Please use them to find your topic and tack on any questions they don't answer. This reduces repetition of threads, thereby making research so much easier.
    2013 S4, Monsoon Grey, DSG, B&O, Sport Diff, Nappa || Custom 3.5" velocity stack intake, EPL Stage 2 DP, Fluidampr 183mm CP, EPL TCU.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Four Rings raudiace4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2013
    AZ Member #
    128737
    My Garage
    dirt, bugs, and more dirt.
    Location
    IL
    Items for Sale

    KW V1s are a good option too. There was a sagging issue with these early on, but it was resolved with an updated design as what Iíve been told. I had H&R streets on my last S4 with zero problems, loved the ride quality and lowering capability.
    16 S4 | GIAC Stage 2 | GIAC TCU | AWE Touring 102MM | CR-15 | O34 mounts | ECS KLT CF intake | LED Fogs | ECS CF mirrors | ECS CF spoiler |

    My Build


    Wife's: 2017 A3 S-Line Quattro
    Gone:
    2014 E63 AMG (FBO)
    2012 S4 (FBO)

  11. #11
    Established Member Two Rings b3nnyf00f00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 17 2014
    AZ Member #
    289294
    My Garage
    2000 Stage 3 Nogaro Blue B5 S4 - SOLD
    Location
    Bismarck, ND

    I have H&R streets and I love them. They are definitely firmer than stock but not jarring like a lot of other coils. Iíve heard good things about PSS10s as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  12. #12
    Established Member Three Rings scmtkings4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06 2016
    AZ Member #
    382607
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by onlyaudis View Post
    ....and to keep from tearing your front lip off on every driveway and dip
    Can you explain this please? The relation btwn having springs but not struts and "tearing your front lip". Srs question
    2014 S5

    AWE Touring Exhaust l ECS Intake l EPL Dual Pulley 93 l AMS Alpha Cooler

  13. #13
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 01 2015
    AZ Member #
    340072
    Location
    NS Canada

    I really dislike and do not recommend ST coilovers. They are not well matched to the S4 as far as damping, and had sag issues in the rear, which was "corrected" with using kw avant springs. You get what you pay for here. They are okay on perfectly smooth roads, but bounce like crazy and even bottom out on highway driving in some cases.

    I'll prob go PSS10 at some point.

  14. #14
    Established Member Two Rings dillysd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04 2016
    AZ Member #
    387505
    Location
    Chicago

    I have KW v2 and they are amazing. Great on street, great drop and handles like a dream. I also put on 9.5 vs the 8.5 rim. Fits wheel well nice.


    2015 S4 DSG - CTS Intake, APR Stage 1 ECU, APR TCU, APR CPS, AWE Touring, AWE Res Pipes, 034 Trans/Diff/Subframe Mounts, RS Grille, RS Fog Grilles, ECS Boost Gauge, TSW Nurburgring 19x9.5

  15. #15
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 10 2016
    AZ Member #
    378244
    Location
    Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by moophone View Post
    I really dislike and do not recommend ST coilovers. They are not well matched to the S4 as far as damping, and had sag issues in the rear, which was "corrected" with using kw avant springs. You get what you pay for here. They are okay on perfectly smooth roads, but bounce like crazy and even bottom out on highway driving in some cases.

    I'll prob go PSS10 at some point.
    Agreed. Do not go with them. Blown strut after 1 month of use. Warranty department is a joke, they refuse to call back and tell you itís going to take months to get your part. Then say they forgot etc etc

    Iím so over these coils, thinking about going to springs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Senior Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 28 2015
    AZ Member #
    365055
    Location
    Montreal, QC

    Quote Originally Posted by Somejace View Post
    Agreed. Do not go with them. Blown strut after 1 month of use. Warranty department is a joke, they refuse to call back and tell you itís going to take months to get your part. Then say they forgot etc etc

    Iím so over these coils, thinking about going to springs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Didn't you learn ? going the cheap way is never the right way...
    S4 B8.5 no track, just enjoying spirited driving.

  17. #17
    Active Member One Ring Momo_S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05 2017
    AZ Member #
    410803
    Location
    Mississauga

    wow thanks guys i really appreciate the recommendations !

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.