Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

January 2018 MMI Maps update for Canadian Vehicles - need some help...

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello,
    I have a 2015 SQ5 technik. The dealer confirmed the update was not done when I took delivery last week and I did see there was a thread here confirming that the January 2018 update was able to be done to Canadian Vehicles.....

My question is, how!?!
    Are we able to use the myaudiusa website, or is there a Canadian Portal?
    What info is needed for log-in access?

Are the instructions simple for doing this wireless?
    Not concerned about data - I realize that thereís a long process. Thatís ok.

Perhaps the Canadian guys who contributed to the MMI update thread can advise how they gained access to perform this?

Thanks in advance.

Established Member Two Rings S3owner's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I downloaded the installer through myaudi(USA). After running the Java installer you choose an SD card as the installation destination. When finished, put the SD card in MMI and perform a Map update. I can send you the installer file tomorrow if you could not get it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app
    Missano Red II S3 Quattro 2.0T - H&R Sport Springs - Spacers 10mm/17.5mm - USmillWorks tow hook bracket - Pinalloy carbon key fob cover - Carbon Fiber mirror caps
    Instagram

Veteran Member Four Rings Tanner's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4 / BRZ

Quote Originally Posted by S3owner View Post
    I downloaded the installer through myaudi(USA). After running the Java installer you choose an SD card as the installation destination. When finished, put the SD card in MMI and perform a Map update. I can send you the installer file tomorrow if you could not get it.
    You can get map updates via the myAudi (USA)?
    Mike

AZ Member #

Yes, register here: https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi#/
    Then you can download the jnlp installer and download the MAP update. You can download maps for any country (or all of them), it does not need to be Canada or US.
    Missano Red II S3 Quattro 2.0T - H&R Sport Springs - Spacers 10mm/17.5mm - USmillWorks tow hook bracket - Pinalloy carbon key fob cover - Carbon Fiber mirror caps
    Instagram

AZ Member #

@S3owner, Iím local to you :-)
    will reach out if I get in over my head..... Iím a bit of a tech luddite.... fingers crossed here....

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SlingshotSQ5 View Post
    @S3owner, Iím local to you :-)
    will reach out if I get in over my head..... Iím a bit of a tech luddite.... fingers crossed here....
    Maybe we can give each other a bit of a test driver two :) Love the SQ5!
    Instagram

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4 / BRZ

Then you can download the jnlp installer and download the MAP update. You can download maps for any country (or all of them), it does not need to be Canada or US.
    Ah, looks like only 2011+
    Mike

AZ Member #

Looks like my Canadian VIN# doesnít like the myaudiconnect website.... ďvehicle not foundĒ to get the subscription.
    Unless no subscription is needed....?

Happy to go for a rip in the SQ for maps help :-)
    Even in the winter, this thing is nuts.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4 / BRZ

Registered on the USA side, just selected a 2011 S4 (I don't think the maps are compatible with the 2010), tried the download, access forbidden!
    Mike

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Is this really a way to update older Audis?
    I couldn't even see a download tab after selecting the Audi Connect Services tab. It took my VIN OK though but had to lie about my location.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4 / BRZ

I'm guessing not. Audi, MB and BMW acquired HERE from Nokia a few years back and using their digital maps.
    Mike

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Forester XT, 2013 S5, 2011 A4 avant, 2008 E92 335i, 2004 TSX

How to register with Canadian address?
    2016 Subaru Dark Grey Forester XT touring
    2013 Audi Phantom Black S5 6MT Sport Diff, 20" BBS CH-R, Navi, B&O, PSS10, AK, sway, RS brake + grille & Ecode
    2011 Audi Deep Sea Blue A4 Avant prestige, 19" OEM Ti rotors, PSS10, AK, sway, RS style grille + rear spoiler, Votrex diffusor
    2008 BMW Montego Blue E92 335i 6MT Msport
    2004 Acura Premium White TSX 6MT

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Don't remember if I registered my actual Canadian address or not. Try a fake US address!
    Instagram

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Or give me your email addr, I'll send you the downloader file.
    Instagram

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Or give me your email addr, I'll send you the downloader file.
    Thanks, PM you my email address
    2013 Audi Phantom Black S5 6MT Sport Diff, 20" BBS CH-R, Navi, B&O, PSS10, AK, sway, RS brake + grille & Ecode
    2011 Audi Deep Sea Blue A4 Avant prestige, 19" OEM Ti rotors, PSS10, AK, sway, RS style grille + rear spoiler, Votrex diffusor

Established Member Two Rings soulflyer's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I got the latest file using the 'Canadian' myaudi site. Once registered you can find the map downloads under the 'Audi connect' menu (I don't have Audi connect, its just the place I found the maps).
    When I got my car in 2015 I was able to access the US site but it changed over the years and now I have to use the new site.
    https://login.audi.com/login/#/login
    2015 S3 Technik, Sepang, Neuspeed stainless steel Brake lines, Sparco Evo II Race Seat, RBF 600 Brake fluid, Audi Sound Enhancing Resonator Delete, Pagid RS 29, Firestone Indy 500 for dd, Bridgestone RE71-R for track.
    I have VCDS, will do scans and coding for beer in the Ottawa ON, area. PM me.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by soulflyer View Post
    I got the latest file using the 'Canadian' myaudi site. Once registered you can find the map downloads under the 'Audi connect' menu (I don't have Audi connect, its just the place I found the maps).
    When I got my car in 2015 I was able to access the US site but it changed over the years and now I have to use the new site.
    https://login.audi.com/login/#/login
    I registered via the Canadian link and I don't see anything available for download from the Audi Connect tab. All I see is my vehicle then Vehicle Details and My Service.
    s3owner, I sent you a PM

AZ Member #

S3owner is the saving grace of the Canadian community it seems!
    I should probably send a message as well :-)

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Thanks for the downloader. I got to the start of the download, made sure I was logged in to myAudi USA (had to delete my Canadian profile), and it asked for my email and password to start the download. Now I can't get any further. It just keeps popping up the password request. So close!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Tinpusher View Post
    Thanks for the downloader. I got to the start of the download, made sure I was logged in to myAudi USA (had to delete my Canadian profile), and it asked for my email and password to start the download. Now I can't get any further. It just keeps popping up the password request. So close!
    This happened to me once before. It got fixed the day after (no idea why!). Probably the server was down at that time.
    Just make sure you can login with the same credentials in myAudi website.
    Instagram

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I log in OK on myAudi then go straight to the downloader and still no joy. I'll keep trying.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Still no luck. I get different reasons now though. Access forbidden - Authenticate via login screen, time outs and login screen just pops back up.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tinpusher View Post
    Still no luck. I get different reasons now though. Access forbidden - Authenticate via login screen, time outs and login screen just pops back up.
    Me 2, got the access forbidden error too. Maybe they catch the bug on their side which block the download for canadian vehicle