Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Three Rings DufraineMK6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Monsoon S4 6MT

Pic Request Max Height H&R Streets Coilovers

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anybody have any pics of the max height setting, or close to it? I went up a quarter inch but I still rub a tad and my ride is still bouncy (wasn't at first but 300 miles after raising it is) Just curios if anyone has had experience with the optimal setting on these. So far I am not a fan. Would it still be bouncy at max height?
    14 S4 6MT - Sport Diff / H&R Street Performance Coilovers / CW Pro Stage 2 (6-1) 93/E85 Mix / JHM 179mm Crank Pulley (1300mm 7 Rib Belt) / ECS Tuning Flush Kit 10mm F & 12.5mm R / 034 Motorsports Intake Tube W/ AFE Pro Dry Filter / USP Stainless Steel Clutch Line / AWE Touring 102mm Stock Downpipes / Eurocode Trans Mount

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Monsoon S4 6MT

This is where I started at.

And presently, at a quarter inch higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    14 S4 6MT - Sport Diff / H&R Street Performance Coilovers / CW Pro Stage 2 (6-1) 93/E85 Mix / JHM 179mm Crank Pulley (1300mm 7 Rib Belt) / ECS Tuning Flush Kit 10mm F & 12.5mm R / 034 Motorsports Intake Tube W/ AFE Pro Dry Filter / USP Stainless Steel Clutch Line / AWE Touring 102mm Stock Downpipes / Eurocode Trans Mount

Active Member Two Rings The Machine's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have H&R street coils, but I'm not at max ride height. I don't have any rubbing at all and the ride quality is really nice IMO.

Audi9 by gccgoalie33, on Flickr

Audi16 by gccgoalie33, on Flickr

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Monsoon S4 6MT

Rubbing is probably 100 percent due to my spacers. But over dips at any speed really, the ride is bouncy. So frustrating. I feel like Iím the only one with this issue.

Active Member Two Rings The Machine's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yeah that's odd that you are having bouncy ride quality. Mine feel just right, not too stiff and not too soft. I do however find it odd that these coils, especially for the money they cost, don't offer any type of damper adjustment.

Only thing that I can think of that might be causing your issue is that the preload adjustment is off and it's causing you poor ride quality. Depending on how you lower or raise the coilover setup you could be messing with the wrong adjustment collar and although the car is being raised/lowered you could throwing the preload on the spring out of whack and it's causing a bouncy ride condition.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Monsoon S4 6MT

Pic Request Max Height H&R Streets Coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by The Machine View Post
    Yeah that's odd that you are having bouncy ride quality. Mine feel just right, not too stiff and not too soft. I do however find it odd that these coils, especially for the money they cost, don't offer any type of damper adjustment.

Only thing that I can think of that might be causing your issue is that the preload adjustment is off and it's causing you poor ride quality. Depending on how you lower or raise the coilover setup you could be messing with the wrong adjustment collar and although the car is being raised/lowered you could throwing the preload on the spring out of whack and it's causing a bouncy ride condition.
    Honestly I had a reputable shop install and then raise a quarter inch a month later.

Are you referring to adjusting them backwards, front and rear?

Edit. Now I understand. I simply thought they were height adjustable only.

Last edited by DufraineMK6; 01-14-2018 at 01:21 PM.