Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Question Radar MirrorTap Power Access-2018 S5 SB

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    The Uniden R3 radar detector installs perfectly (nearly out of sight) above the left side of the rearview mirror and the top of the windshield with its suction cups. I really don't like the look of plugging the power cord into the socket behind the cup holders and running the cord up to the radar unit. BlendMount.com sells a small power cord (called MirrorTap) that connects into the power harness for the rearview mirror. Does anyone know how to remove the plastic molding(s) around the rearview mirror to access the power to the mirror? And does anyone have experience in tapping power in this area? I would really like to hear from you. Thanks
    2018 Audi S5 Sportback; Prestige, Navarra Blue, Black Fine Nappa Leather, S Sport, Driver Assist, Dynamic Steering, 19" Cavo Wheels, Carbon Inlays, Beam Rings, Cargo Mat & Net, Wheel Locks and Front Filler Panel

Senior Member Four Rings Jimmy ny's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You do know the sensors of the radar should not be unstructured by the black tint strip above the windshield. It should be dead center , about 4 inches above the dashboard. Laser shoots at your front plate or headlight. This is best place to pick up a signal. I have the Uniden R1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 TTS. Mythos Black w/ Nappa Red interior. APR 1, AFE Intake

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Very good to know...thank you.
    2018 Audi S5 Sportback; Prestige, Navarra Blue, Black Fine Nappa Leather, S Sport, Driver Assist, Dynamic Steering, 19" Cavo Wheels, Carbon Inlays, Beam Rings, Cargo Mat & Net, Wheel Locks and Front Filler Panel