Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Escalade ESV

2016 S7 Brake Squeal

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    The brakes (all original OEM components) squeal horribly on any gradual stops. Started a few weeks into ownership, and the only solution seems to be using the brakes more aggressively and coming to a hard stop. This 'workaround' is dangerous and/or not possible in many city driving situations. Is this issue something that would be covered under my new car limited warranty? I know brake pads/rotors are a wear and tear item, but IMO the brakes on my $100K Audi shouldn't sound this embarrassing with significant pad/rotor life remaining. I've been trying to live with it, but it's driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance.
    2016 S7 Prestige | Daytona | Black Optics | Sport Package | DA |
    Mods : 3M PPF | TAG Cosmetics | Warranty

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AudiEmpire View Post
    The brakes (all original OEM components) squeal horribly on any gradual stops. Started a few weeks into ownership, and the only solution seems to be using the brakes more aggressively and coming to a hard stop. This 'workaround' is dangerous and/or not possible in many city driving situations. Is this issue something that would be covered under my new car limited warranty? I know brake pads/rotors are a wear and tear item, but IMO the brakes on my $100K Audi shouldn't sound this embarrassing with significant pad/rotor life remaining. I've been trying to live with it, but it's driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance.
    Hello,

Thank you you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. Have you been able to speak with your Audi dealership and have them inspect the brakes at all? First we want to make sure there is no improper function of the braking system in place causing the noise before taking any other further steps. If you'd like to send over a PM with your VIN and contact information I will also open up a case on your behalf so all information can be documented accordingly.

Speaking from experience, the brakes on your vehicle are designed to function at a high performance capability all of the time. When it gets colder outside and before the system has had a chance to warm up, the sound can be more apparent as well. This doesn't necessarily mean that there is a problem with your brakes, just that our engineer teams are continuously focused on providing the highest quality of brakes possible on your vehicle with the race track in mind. That can cause some unfortunate side affects when using your vehicle in standardized city driving. That being said, we still want to perform our due diligence from the manufacturer standpoint so please send me a PM whenever you get the chance.

Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager