Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings Uncle Buck's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '10 VW GTI, '13 Audi Q5 2.0T, '15 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock

Sirius pre-sets lost when channels updated

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi,

When Sirius updates the channel lineup, the pre-sets on my wife's 2013 Q5 are lost and have to be re-entered. This happens several times per year and is extremely frustrating. Is there a TSB to prevent this or is there technical reason this happens?? I'm happy to send the VIN, etc. when you are back in the office. This does not happen in my GTI or in my Jeep. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Hi,

When Sirius updates the channel lineup, the pre-sets on my wife's 2013 Q5 are lost and have to be re-entered. This happens several times per year and is extremely frustrating. Is there a TSB to prevent this or is there technical reason this happens?? I'm happy to send the VIN, etc. when you are back in the office. This does not happen in my GTI or in my Jeep. Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Good morning Uncle Buck,

Thanks for reaching out and making me aware of this particular situation. I hope that everything has been going well for you since we last touched base! Do you mind sending over the VIN and contact information for me to look into this further? First I want to see if there is a particular TSB and if this behavior originates from Sirius itself or your wife's Q5. Thanks again and look forward to hearing back from you.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

AZ Member #
    My Garage

PM sent - Thank you Vincenzo.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Iím having the exact same problem with my 2013 S4. Iíve lost my presets twice in the past week. Very frustrating.
    2013 Estoril Blue S4 | DSG | Carbon Inlays | Sport Diff | B&O | Black Nappa | 3M Clear Bra | 50% tint | Deval Diffuser | Lamin-x tail light tint | AWE touring + res downpipes | Bilstein B12 pro kit | AWE intake

2014 SQ5 (wife's ride)

Established Member Two Rings kpykng1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Had the same thing happen on my SQ too. Sirius updated its' playlist cause they cancelled there holiday channels so it rearranges the channel numbers. CH70 was Holly, now it's Love for Valentine's day coming up. BAH...
    2014 SQ5 Ibis White / ECS Drivetrain Kit / EPL Stage 1 / 21" OEM Speedlines / E-Codes
    Coming soon/AWE Touring w/downpipes, KW SC Coilovers, 034 Motorsports Rear Swaybar w/ endlinks

2017 MINI Cooper Countryman S

Veteran Member Four Rings Crucible35's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    13 Lawnmower Prem. Quattro

Sounds like a Sirius thing. I've lost my presets several times over the past few weeks. 2015 A4. In Canada.
    '15 A4 S Line Q Tip Monsoon
    '09 A4 Premium Q Tip Meteor (Gone)

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hi,

Hello everyone,

I was able to get some updated information from our technology and product support teams after a little bit of research. There currently is not a TSB or other active measure that exists for this particular concern. The problem is not necessarily the software in the MMI system, it is the update from Sirius XM itself. When the update comes in with the refreshed slate of channels, it will forcibly perform a reset on your current saved channels because technically one of your previous saved channels could now be something completely different. Regrettably, there's nothing that either myself or an Audi dealership can do to remedy this concern moving forward.

OF course if you wish you are able to contact the folks over at Sirius XM to see if they are able to change this feature to leave the presets alone, but I don't know how far that will get you. I apologize, as I know this would drive me crazy as well but hopefully this at least provides some clarity as to why this exists. Let me know if you have follow up questions.

Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Chris@EPL's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have had the channels update twice in the past few weeks and if just do not try and change the channel and let it do the update no presets were reset. This was on a 2016 allRoad.
    European Performance Labs
    http://www.facebook.com/EPLabs
    https://www.instagram.com/eplabs/
    (203-345-6499)
    Chris@eplabs.net

Please feel free to contact us with any questions!!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello everyone,

I was able to get some updated information from our technology and product support teams after a little bit of research. There currently is not a TSB or other active measure that exists for this particular concern. The problem is not necessarily the software in the MMI system, it is the update from Sirius XM itself. When the update comes in with the refreshed slate of channels, it will forcibly perform a reset on your current saved channels because technically one of your previous saved channels could now be something completely different. Regrettably, there's nothing that either myself or an Audi dealership can do to remedy this concern moving forward.

OF course if you wish you are able to contact the folks over at Sirius XM to see if they are able to change this feature to leave the presets alone, but I don't know how far that will get you. I apologize, as I know this would drive me crazy as well but hopefully this at least provides some clarity as to why this exists. Let me know if you have follow up questions.

Thank you,
    Thanks for the quick turn around Vincenzo. I will follow up with Sirius and post back here if I find anything pertinent.

Update - I was on the phone with Sirius XM for 45 minutes - They indicated it is an Audi hardware problem but cannot (or will not) send me an email confirming this. 3rd level escalation - Very frustrating.

Vincenzo - Can you have the AoA Product Manager for the Sirius XM relationship call or email me directly at the contact info I provided in my PM - Thanks!

Scott
    Last edited by Uncle Buck; 01-03-2018 at 10:27 AM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Vincenzo - Please see my edited post above - Thanks!

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 VW Sportwagen Diesel

Thanks for the quick turn around Vincenzo. I will follow up with Sirius and post back here if I find anything pertinent.

Update - I was on the phone with Sirius XM for 45 minutes - They indicated it is an Audi hardware problem but cannot (or will not) send me an email confirming this. 3rd level escalation - Very frustrating.

Vincenzo - Can you have the AoA Product Manager for the Sirius XM relationship call or email me directly at the contact info I provided in my PM - Thanks!

Scott
    I believe it is an Audi problem. My wife has a VW Golf Sport Wagen with the MIB 1 system. I just asked her if she lost her presets when Sirius XM update teh channel lineups and she did not. If VW can write software, perhaps the Audi guys should give them a call and ask them how they did it.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ManyAudis View Post
    I believe it is an Audi problem. My wife has a VW Golf Sport Wagen with the MIB 1 system. I just asked her if she lost her presets when Sirius XM update teh channel lineups and she did not. If VW can write software, perhaps the Audi guys should give them a call and ask them how they did it.
    Agreed - As stated above, neither my GTI or Jeep Wrangler (w/ nav, etc) lose presets. It would be one thing if only the temporary channels (such as Holly, etc) were overwritten, but all presets are wiped out regardless if that channel was affected by the update or not.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Scott
    Anything ever come from this? Did Audi get in touch with you per your request?
    2013 Estoril Blue S4 | DSG | Carbon Inlays | Sport Diff | B&O | Black Nappa | 3M Clear Bra | 50% tint | Deval Diffuser | Lamin-x tail light tint | AWE touring + res downpipes | Bilstein B12 pro kit | AWE intake

2014 SQ5 (wife's ride)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MN Blue S4 View Post
    Anything ever come from this? Did Audi get in touch with you per your request?
    Vincenzo has stayed in touch. I have not spoken to the Product Manager yet. I just upgraded the subscription on the Q5 to match the other two vehicles. If this doesn't solve the issue, I'll escalate. I'm convinced it's a hard ware issue as my Jeep and VW are not effected.