Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by OE2 View Post
    I don't have a deposit on anything yet, I wrote him back asking how sure is he on the most recent confirmation. I started negotiating on an rs3 with an out of state dealership but can pull back if it's not just another smoke screen.
    The problem is you're not gonna know if this March date is legit or not until it comes. And even if it is indeed legit(which my hunch is that it is), the other question is do you really want to wait for it?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

There are 2 new RS3's that have almost everything i want nationwide. The cost of shipping would make them both a wash if they wanted to play ball on pricing. Which, surprisingly, few Audi dealers want to deal on RS3's that have been sitting since Nov. Bottomline, yes im willing to wait for the exact car i want as long as it's a legit timeframe. Honestly I hate that my SA didn't give a shit about keeping me up to date until i sent the message that i was cancelling my hold. Then it was 2 emails and 3 VM's in the span of 2hrs. Before I had to wait 24hrs to hear from him.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Anyone know if the RS3s held at port have been under the sun and exposed to the elements all this time, or are they in a covered (hopefully) area? TIA.

Veteran Member Three Rings dazed1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RedlumF View Post
    Anyone know if the RS3s held at port have been under the sun and exposed to the elements all this time, or are they in a covered (hopefully) area? TIA.
    In Benicia, all will be under cover as shipped from Audi DE. But sitting out on the port holding area. I assume everywhere its the same. Sitting out in the open, but in the white covers.

Active Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by michael818 View Post
    When does Audi release cars for the next model year? The 2018 RS3's were released in July but is that the normal timeframe for new model year releases or was the a one-off for a new model?
    Usually around that time is pretty normal. Ordering for 2019ís will start in another month or two, again assuming there will be a 2019 available.

Quote Originally Posted by dazed1 View Post
    In Benicia, all will be under cover as shipped from Audi DE. But sitting out on the port holding area. I assume everywhere its the same. Sitting out in the open, but in the white covers.
    Right

Veteran Member Three Rings dazed1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Potatohead_RS3 View Post
    Usually around that time is pretty normal. Ordering for 2019ís will start in another month or two, again assuming there will be a 2019 available.

Right
    They'll probably make the order guide available 2 days after the 18's get released from port.

Established Member Two Rings Morbo's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Tangerine Blur(2018 8V RS3)

Quote Originally Posted by michael818 View Post
    When does Audi release cars for the next model year? The 2018 RS3's were released in July but is that the normal timeframe for new model year releases or was the a one-off for a new model?
    For all German/Europe manufacturers:
    Usually allocations for next model year usually become available to N.A. dealers around late April/early May. That's when dealers normally find out their first batch of MY 19 allocation slots.

Production for next model year begins in June, with first cars landing on US shores in late July/early August.
    "The automobile is still a heap of mechanical components, and should feel like such, not like a smartphone on wheels" - Andreas Preuninger

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dazed1 View Post
    And what delicious conditions those are. Benecia is a saltwater bay, so every day as the salty fog rolls in and out the cars are exposed to that. They've also been rained on multiple times, I'm not sure what covers would be on there. I've seen transport socks that are similar to a car cover made of some sort of inexpensive Tyvek like cloth material on through just the adhered plastic film. The former would be absolutely terrible for being rained on and sun dried multiple times.

I'm not too thrilled to be paying 72k to drive off something that was subjected to that, total bullshit on Audi's part

Regards,

James R.

Veteran Member Four Rings rongeur's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Port Stop Order??

The cars will be fine. They will not have massive salt corrosion or rain damage.

The only thing I am salty about is the silence on the release date. It is much like being a kid waiting for Christmas to without a calendar. I do think it is interesting to speculate on what the issue may be in the silence from Audi on the issue. But, despite all the fun speculation in this thread, here is what I believe to be true:

1 - The cars will be released, eventually. Again, it would be nice to know when, but I could care less the reason for the hold. If something is wrong, I have confidence it will get fixed.

2 - The cars will be in fine condition. If it isnít, have Audi correct it until it is. Worst case, refuse delivery all together. There will be open cars around since some have already walked away.

3 - Walking away from a 2018 order to a 2019 order will likely set you on a similar trajectory and waiting game. All the while, I will be smiling behind the wheel and you will be still waiting. Much like uclaman is right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2008 A4 2.0T Quattro 6MT S-Line QGM
    Stage 3 JHM TD05H-R on a fully built motor
    Build Thread

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rongeur View Post
    3 - Walking away from a 2018 order to a 2019 order will likely set you on a similar trajectory and waiting game. All the while, I will be smiling behind the wheel and you will be still waiting. Much like uclaman is right now.

I drove it to work tonight. Made the night shift better!

I agree... I wouldn't wait for the 2019's. You'll be stuck playing the same game.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

You guys are killinggg me with the May deadline it better not be past March or it won't be worth it anymore to me and I will pull out as well.. :(

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote from my SA at Audi Seattle yesterday after I asked him how firm is the March release timeframe

All I can say is I spoke with the head of sales and distribution for Audi America earlier this month in Germany. He assured me the cars would be released 1st-2nd week of March and that Audi would pick up the cost of Audi Care maintenance

I would love to say I'm 100% but that was the info given to me.*
    Of all the back and forth emails I've had with him this is the first time he's committed to anything

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The only way a 2019 would be worth it is if there are any new options or features that a customer would want. This is highly unlikely though. The only other way it would be worth waiting is if 2019's truly would come delivered a month or so later. From a depreciation standpoint getting the most current model year is better...Though depreciation won't be affected very much or hardly at all from 1 year to the next on a car like this, especially if all options are the exact same.

Active Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by noswalz View Post
    The only way a 2019 would be worth it is if there are any new options or features that a customer would want. This is highly unlikely though. The only other way it would be worth waiting is if 2019's truly would come delivered a month or so later. From a depreciation standpoint getting the most current model year is better...Though depreciation won't be affected very much or hardly at all from 1 year to the next on a car like this, especially if all options are the exact same.
    If you plan on trading in 2-3 years the year matters more for sure. If you keep the car for a while, say 6-10 years the year starts to matter much less than mileage and condition.

Veteran Member Four Rings rongeur's Avatar
    AZ Member #

R8 guys are reporting word that Audi engineers from Germany at the ports and are updating the software on all R8s and will release them after all are updated.

Not sure how true this word is but I feel the movement on the R8s is a good sign for all RS models held.

2008 A4 2.0T Quattro 6MT S-Line QGM
    Stage 3 JHM TD05H-R on a fully built motor
    Build Thread

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920