Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member Three Rings dazed1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anyone have any further updates from their SA's?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dazed1 View Post
    Yesterday, the sales manager at my dealership offered free AudiCare (which seems to be relatively common now). At the same time, Vincenzo sent an email saying that my car's status was updated to "Pending carrier pickup". However, when I relayed that message to my dealership they said they still only saw "Delayed - held at port".

With that said, does anyone know if Vincenzo's info is more trustworthy? And if so, how? This dude is a Jedi and has probably, singlehandedly, saved a few sales for Audi.

Established Member Two Rings motopix's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by hawkbyte View Post
    Yesterday, the sales manager at my dealership offered free AudiCare (which seems to be relatively common now). At the same time, Vincenzo sent an email saying that my car's status was updated to "Pending carrier pickup". However, when I relayed that message to my dealership they said they still only saw "Delayed - held at port".

With that said, does anyone know if Vincenzo's info is more trustworthy? And if so, how? This dude is a Jedi and has probably, singlehandedly, saved a few sales for Audi.

V knows. And I agree, he is single-handedly saving Audi from their communications missteps. I contacted AudiUSA and told them so.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Still no status changes for me. Communication is definitely key to good customer service. I'm not getting as good feedback from Vincenzo as most of you guys are, but he's still better then any other source.

The painful part for me is that someone knows the details the hold up and why it is happening. Telling me will make my life a lot less stressful, but Audi values $$$ over customers satisfaction so they are not disclosing. I hope they eventually realize bad customer satisfaction eventually translates to less $$$. If no one really knows what's happening, then this is an aspect of delivery that really needs to be addressed. Overall this is not something I'm just going to forget once the car shows up. Best of luck hawkbyte on getting the first car released.

Senior Member Three Rings FuzzyHat's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I was told yesterday that I still have "Pending Carrier Pickup"
    2018 RS3 - Ara Blue - Black Optics - Dynamic - Technology - Driver Assistance
    IG: fuzzyhat

AZ Member #

Just got an update from Vincenzo:
    As of this morning it is still pending port release. I apologize, I will keep checking for you however.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

No updates for me today

AZ Member #

Port Stop Order??

Not a good update from SA today....

They are now admitting that there is an emissions-related software flash being done to all RS3ís of certain commission numbers.
    2nd update:

What we can confirm is that your car was held when it originally arrived at the port for an emissions-related software update that certain commission/VIN RS3ís needed. Even our regional sales staff from AoA didnít get that information until yesterday. Current ETA is 1/21-1/25. Thatís all the information that Audi gave Regional Sales Manager. No confirmation about fuel overrun tuning in the software.
    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Last edited by FuzzyHat; 01-13-2018 at 09:03 AM.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyHat View Post
    Not a good update from SA today....

2nd update:

Oh well. Its 1 more week now. I just hope to have it and be ready by mid march for a track day at this point :(

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

If it only applies to certain VIN's it's possible some of the cars received the wrong software from the factory.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Potatohead_RS3 View Post
    If it only applies to certain VIN's it's possible some of the cars received the wrong software from the factory.
    I sure hope so. My main fear is something thats just a "rumor" and that's they messed with the sound of the car. But I hope thats not true at all :)

AZ Member #

I sure hope so. My main fear is something thats just a "rumor" and that's they messed with the sound of the car. But I hope thats not true at all :)
    This is laughable. Not going to happen.

AZ Member #

This is laughable. Not going to happen.
    I agree. I also have Milltek pipes just chilling behind me right now. Just waiting to be installed lol

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

In regards to software updates...my car showed up at Port, was released to dealer and had to go back to port for a Software update. This was back in August and it arrived back at the dealer 7-8 days later. Could be that certain VIN's received the wrong software.
    2018 Audi RS3 - DSG - Nardo Grey - Black Optics - Sport Exhaust - Tech - Black Rotors
    2013 VW GTI - DSG - Candy White - UNI Stage 2 - CTS Intake - Euroswitch - Golf R LED Tailis - UNI Downpipe - Akrapovic Cat-Back Exhaust - OEM Euro Front Lip - H&R Sport Springs -- SOLD
    2011 VW GTI - 6speed - Carbon Steel Grey - APR Stage 2 - Carbonio Intake - Euroswitch - Golf R LED Taills - RAI Turboback Exhaust -- SOLD

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by lalalaprise View Post
    In regards to software updates...my car showed up at Port, was released to dealer and had to go back to port for a Software update. This was back in August and it arrived back at the dealer 7-8 days later. Could be that certain VIN's received the wrong software.
    That gives me some hope, thank you :)

AZ Member #

That gives me some hope, thank you :)

3300 kms later, no issues other then the sunroof squeak and exhaust valve rattling when in comfort mode :)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Good new on my end. The sales associate found a car that matches my build exactly and arrived less then two weeks prior to my car. Since it arrived just before the hold, it's available for sale. It was claimed by someone else but they backed out of the deal and freed it up. They'll be shipping it to me this coming week. Hopefully by next weekend I'll have it on hand. Not that this helps my poor original car or everyone else still stuck at port... I'm getting Audi Care for the hassle, so you should all at least get that too.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Greyout View Post
    Good new on my end. The sales associate found a car that matches my build exactly and arrived less then two weeks prior to my car. Since it arrived just before the hold, it's available for sale. It was claimed by someone else but they backed out of the deal and freed it up. They'll be shipping it to me this coming week. Hopefully by next weekend I'll have it on hand. Not that this helps my poor original car or everyone else still stuck at port... I'm getting Audi Care for the hassle, so you should all at least get that too.
    Are you by chance getting your car shipped from Audi Flemington?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by whyzkid99 View Post
    Are you by chance getting your car shipped from Audi Flemington?
    No, I believe they said it was coming from Massachusetts.

AZ Member #

Latest update

5-cylinder cars at the port now ill be released in the first week of February. The software update they're performing on the US market cars does not mess with the sound of the car but rather it's an emissions update, which had to be re-worked to satisfy the EPA. That's all the information we have this morning.

The software update addresses multiple items (particulars couldn't be given as AoA apparently didn't have that information yet, or just didn't want to share it with dealers). They had to re-engineer the flash before distributing it to port technicians for update, which takes time in itself. There are obviously several cars that need to be updated.

AZ Member #

Latest update
    Thanks for the update. Was this from a dealer? First week of Feb, I can wait, I think.

AZ Member #

Thanks for the update. Was this from a dealer? First week of Feb, I can wait, I think.
    From my SA, who had a meeting with the Regional Sales Manager today about it all. I then asked what happens if they aren't released the first week of February. He responded with:

First week of February is a firm date.

AZ Member #

From my SA, who had a meeting with the Regional Sales Manager today about it all. I then asked what happens if they aren't released the first week of February. He responded with:
    Thanks for the updates. I've not heard anything from my SA during this whole ordeal unless I ask a question. and nothing concrete at all.
    2 weeks more. If its here before Feb 8, then my pre-approval with my local credit union stays valid. Else have to go through the process again. Don't want to lose out on the 2.24%

AZ Member #

Port Stop Order??

Thanks for the updates. I've not heard anything from my SA during this whole ordeal unless I ask a question. and nothing concrete at all.
    2 weeks more. If its here before Feb 8, then my pre-approval with my local credit union stays valid. Else have to go through the process again. Don't want to lose out on the 2.24%
    Iím in the same boat as you. My credit union told me my rate of 1.74% is good through 2/15 and they could potentially extend it a couple days if I get word from the dealer that delivery will take longer. If I miss out, the current rate is 1.99%.

AZ Member #

Iím in the same boat as you. My credit union told me my rate of 1.74% is good through 2/15 and they could potentially extend it a couple days if I get word from the dealer that delivery will take longer. If I miss out, the current rate is 1.99%.
    That's a really good rate. What is your credit score and loan terms/length if you don't mind me asking?

AZ Member #

I got it through a federal credit union I have an account with. Credit score is ~730. 0 down 36 month asked for 70k.

AZ Member #

I got it through a federal credit union I have an account with. Credit score is ~730. 0 down 36 month asked for 70k.

I c. 36 is a pretty short term but still a good rate and 0 down wow. Comes to about a 2k payment im guessing.

AZ Member #

That's a damn good rate. My local CU now shows 0-36 months being 2.24 and 37-66 (which I had, 60 months) at 2.74%. That means, over the course of 60 months, I lose $900. So giving just Audicare fore $8xx doesnt really make up for it. Ugh.

AZ Member #

That's a damn good rate. My local CU now shows 0-36 months being 2.24 and 37-66 (which I had, 60 months) at 2.74%. That means, over the course of 60 months, I lose $900. So giving just Audicare fore $8xx doesnt really make up for it. Ugh.
    Assuming you hold the loan for full term, which rarely happens.

Active Member Two Rings BlackOptics's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Latest update
    Thanks for this! I donít happen to care much about the pops and crackles... but it sounds at this point that the sound and functionality of the engine wonít change. Great.

It is still curious why ďsome VINísď are affected. Unless it was a manufacturing error or certain part on only some cars. I wonder why all 5-cylinder cars arenít recalled. Curious...

So, early feb for the fix... then releasing, then shipping. Holding breath.
    2018 991.2 / 911T, GT Silver Metallic, LWBS, Sport Exh, Sports Chrono, LED's.
    2015 Q7 (4L) 3.0TDI, Glacier White, Prestige, S-Line, Black Optic, Tow, 21" Rotors
    2011 A4 Avant (B8) 2.0T, Ibis White, Premium+, Titanium Sport Pkg, Nav, B&O, 19" Rotors
    [Gone: 2017 TTS, 2003 A4 Avant]

AZ Member #

Port Stop Order??

Quote Originally Posted by noswalz View Post
    I c. 36 is a pretty short term but still a good rate and 0 down wow. Comes to about a 2k payment im guessing.
    Yeah right about 19something. I wanted to get the lowest rate and pay it off as quickly as possible. I think they were doing 48 month at 2.49 and 60 at 2.74.

AZ Member #

Yeah right about 19something. I wanted to get the lowest rate and pay it off as quickly as possible. I think they were doing 48 month at 2.49 and 60 at 2.74.
    2G car payment is making my eyes water lol

AZ Member #

Port Stop Order??

2G car payment is making my eyes water lol
    For real Iíd be in a nice house for that lol

But then again Iím sure people would argue against a huge downpayment too. I rather give a large downpayment then large monthly payment, god forbid they cut my hours or something happens, its easier to pay $400 a month over something crazy like $1-2k a month. I like to be on the safe side as my credit is very important to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon69 View Post

But then again Iím sure people would argue against a huge downpayment too. I rather give a large downpayment then large monthly payment, god forbid they cut my hours or something happens, its easier to pay $400 a month over something crazy like $1-2k a month. I like to be on the safe side as my credit is very important to me.

I'm assuming if you're going into a 2G car payment then you likely have a nice house already and you have your poop in a group overall.

I'd strongly urge people to not go longer than 60 months on any car ... downpayment is subjective. Rates are low, you can put cash to better uses but I get the folks who like to put large downpayments

I put 50% down and the rest over 60 ... Likely will be paid out after 36. I could have quite easily made 10-15% on my downpayment money in the market but psychologically I like the small payment

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon69 View Post

I tend to agree but I can see the other side too - borrowing more money pretty cheaply and stashing the down, if you ever have a financial problem you have your down cash to fall back on. For me it totally depends on the interest rate I would never put a lot down if I was getting 0.9% financing buying a domestic car or something. The only real caveat to that is I donít like being upside down but if rate is cheap enough I could probably deal with it for a while.

AZ Member #

I put 50% down and the rest over 60 ... Likely will be paid out after 36. I could have quite easily made 10-15% on my downpayment money in the market but psychologically I like the small payment
    Yup exactly what im doing....

AZ Member #

I'm assuming if you're going into a 2G car payment then you likely have a nice house already and you have your poop in a group overall.

I'd strongly urge people to not go longer than 60 months on any car ... downpayment is subjective. Rates are low, you can put cash to better uses but I get the folks who like to put large downpayments

Lol youíll be surprised, in Miami youíll see people in nice cars and like 6-7 people living in an studio or small apartment lol.

AZ Member #

I tend to agree but I can see the other side too - borrowing more money pretty cheaply and stashing the down, if you ever have a financial problem you have your down cash to fall back on. For me it totally depends on the interest rate I would never put a lot down if I was getting 0.9% financing buying a domestic car or something. The only real caveat to that is I donít like being upside down but if rate is cheap enough I could probably deal with it for a while.
    Another angle is debt ratio ... I like to buy income props and having a 2k car payment would annoy my mtg broker lmao

AZ Member #

Yeah but if something happens then your large monthly payment will eat you so quick the stashed money will fly quick, this is assuming you donít only have a car payment to worry about and are not single. Also i wish i can get 0.9% i had that on my GTI was soo nice lol.

AZ Member #

Assuming you hold the loan for full term, which rarely happens.
    That's true. But I'll still lose some money on it. Even if i Hold it for 4 years, I still lose a few hundred.

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast