Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member Four Rings rongeur's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by noswalz View Post
    Yes I believe so. It's an Audi Sport Dealer and they said they have an allocation. It's only been 1 week since I placed the order but I haven't heard an update yet and my SA said he would keep me posted anytime there was one.
    Haha, this guy! One week and no production...

Mine took almost 3 months to enter actual production and 4+ to make to port where it sits. Others have been waiting much longer. Saddle up for a long wait brotha!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2008 A4 2.0T Quattro 6MT S-Line QGM
    Stage 3 JHM TD05H-R on a fully built motor
    Build Thread

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rongeur View Post
    Haha, this guy! One week and no production...

Mine took almost 3 months to enter actual production and 4+ to make to port where it sits. Others have been waiting much longer. Saddle up for a long wait brotha!

Haha yeah - the dealer quoted me 3-4 months TOTAL. lol. Kept saying they are an audi sport dealer and have an allocation. Idk.

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Haha yeah - the dealer quoted me 3-4 months TOTAL. lol. Kept saying they are an audi sport dealer and have an allocation. Idk.
    Everyone here is reporting around about 4.5-6 months. If the dealer has an allocation waiting and you can get in just before it is frozen to changes and change to your specs, that will cut about a month off. Usually the cars are spoken for long before that but if someone backed out or your dealer just haven't had much demand that can certainly happen. One guy posted last week in Edmonton who managed to do that and his looks to be about 3-3.5 months.

AZ Member #

I am just messing with you ;). I am actually praying your order is only 3-4 months and all this port stop order business way taken care of before you even enter production.

Build Thread

Veteran Member Four Rings 2380S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 DTM S4, 15 328XI & 90 Turbo Grand Prix
    Items for Sale

Yes I believe so. It's an Audi Sport Dealer and they said they have an allocation. It's only been 1 week since I placed the order but I haven't heard an update yet and my SA said he would keep me posted anytime there was one.
    I place my order on Jan 25th, it took just about a week for it to be accepted by Audi and as of last week we were waiting for it to give us a production week, start date. Looking at May/June maybe July before it gets here.

My SA has sent me two updates and responded to my emails last week pretty quickly, had to make a small change that I forgot on the original build sheet.
    Ordered: 2018 RS3 Audi Exclusive Navarra Blue
    Current: 2007 S4 DTM
    Past: 2001 S4 10 years in the stable, miss it everyday.
    Past: 2013 A5
    Garage: 2015 328 I X-Drive
    1990 Turbo Grand Prix

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_RS3 View Post
    Meh nardo and Daytona is too dull and plain looking I'll stick to waiting on my Ara :D
    There is an Ara in Virginia & also in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

There are two Aras in MA

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Potatohead_RS3 View Post
    Everyone here is reporting around about 4.5-6 months. If the dealer has an allocation waiting and you can get in just before it is frozen to changes and change to your specs, that will cut about a month off. Usually the cars are spoken for long before that but if someone backed out or your dealer just haven't had much demand that can certainly happen. One guy posted last week in Edmonton who managed to do that and his looks to be about 3-3.5 months.
    Right, seems everything is kind of bottle necked at the moment. I'm very glad I didn't hesitate back in September when my dealer told me they had an open allocation, ordered September 11th, picked up from the dealership November 29th.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DDIXON7 View Post
    There are plenty of well optioned RS3s currently in stock at dealers for those that are not interested in waiting....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173148449401
    Quote Originally Posted by jl87 View Post
    Right, seems everything is kind of bottle necked at the moment. I'm very glad I didn't hesitate back in September when my dealer told me they had an open allocation, ordered September 11th, picked up from the dealership November 29th.
    That's odd, I ordered only 4 days after you did, and my (old) car arrived on 12/26 and has been stuck at port since then.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jl87 View Post
    Damn I order before you and fell way behind. Must be allocation related. My order wasn’t accepted until Oct

Build Thread

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I input my configuration to the dealership on August 4th of 2017 against an open allocation still configurable at the time. The car completed assembly on November 17th and was loaded onto the Dalian Highway I want to say November 30th (they're allowed 2 weeks from end of production to loading the car onto the ship) it arrived in the port at Benicia on January 4th, 2018. Alas there it remains with no clear or trustworthy ETA for release.

Meanwhile the dealership has had me punt my A3's service saying, "don't worry about being over..." at some point I feel a moral obligation to go ahead and service the car, if this BS extends into April it'll simply be too many miles over for my tastes. I also shod the car with entirely new tires at their suggestion to avoid getting dinged on trade in for that, I was *certain* I'd be at 8/32nd'ths with the original delivery timeline, now I'm not so sure.

I share the pain of everyone waiting or who had waited LOL...

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by James R. View Post
    I input my configuration to the dealership on August 4th of 2017 against an open allocation still configurable at the time. The car completed assembly on November 17th and was loaded onto the Dalian Highway I want to say November 30th (they're allowed 2 weeks from end of production to loading the car onto the ship) it arrived in the port at Benicia on January 4th, 2018. Alas there it remains with no clear or trustworthy ETA for release.

Meanwhile the dealership has had me punt my A3's service saying, "don't worry about being over..." at some point I feel a moral obligation to go ahead and service the car, if this BS extends into April it'll simply be too many miles over for my tastes. I also shod the car with entirely new tires at their suggestion to avoid getting dinged on trade in for that, I was *certain* I'd be at 8/32nd'ths with the original delivery timeline, now I'm not so sure.

I imagine theres like 30 RS3's just sitting in Benicia. Check the Audi online inventory. Palo Alto and Steven's creek account for like 20 of them. Wonder if they will ever see the US public roads. Or Maybe the day they are released we should have a giant meet-up the next weekend to celebrate.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by uclaman View Post
    I imagine theres like 30 RS3's just sitting in Benicia. Check the Audi online inventory. Palo Alto and Steven's creek account for like 20 of them. Wonder if they will ever see the US public roads. Or Maybe the day they are released we should have a giant meet-up the next weekend to celebrate.
    Yep mine is an order through Audi Palo Alto, Daytona Grey...loaded with everything but Dynamic Plus (didn't want the ghastly brake job prices...) with the added on rear side impact airbags because #kiddo rides back there.

In all probability this is about the winter blend fuel vapor lock issue. I've had some communication with other RS3 owners back east, one feller I've chatted up via YouTube who posted video of his car repeatedly stalling in 30F weather. I'd argue here in NorCal it doesn't quite get cold enough to be so worried as to hold the cars but what do I know.

I spoke to AoA today, it wasn't a very fruitful conversation. They're nice enough but I think they don't know anymore than we do or if they do they're not allowed to say anything. I suspect it's the former rather than the latter...tis the German way LOL. Vie vill hold unto zie informatzion und you vill not get it until dis und das ist richtig!!!

Agreed, we should do a #free-the-rs3 meet up once these cars get released! It'll be like a liberation day celebration...

Regards,

James R.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Paul@SupremePower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 RS3 |2014 B8.5 S5 stage 2+ |2010 MK6 GTI KO4 -gone

Quote Originally Posted by James R. View Post

Good man.

Email: Paul@SupremePower.com aka: allset
    Call or Text: 914-243-1993

IG: allset5264 | FB: Paul Gi

| 034 | ADV.1 | AG | Advan | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Forgeline | H&R | Klassen | KW | Milltek | Modulare | Neuspeed | Ohlins | OZ | Stoptech | Signature | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Vossen | Work | & many more

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1995 Pontiac TransAm Convertible, 2015 VW GTI, 2016 Mazda CX-9

So, end of February or May ?

AZ Member #

Port Stop Order??

Quote Originally Posted by misterleeman View Post
    So, end of February or May ?
    AoA: “Yes.”

Build Thread

Senior Member Three Rings FuzzyHat's Avatar
    AZ Member #

AoA: “Yes.”

Troll? But also could see this being a thing. LOL
    2018 RS3 - APR Stage 1 - Milltek Bypass Pipes
    IG: fuzzyhat

AZ Member #

Port Stop Order??

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyHat View Post
    Troll? But also could see this being a thing. LOL
    Not trolling. It is my imagined response from AoA.

Build Thread

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I do an almost daily search on AutoTrader (out of curiosity, I'm no longer on the market) and today a new RS3 showed up in Plano, TX. It's on the lot as they have pictures of it on their web site. Not sure what that means.

AZ Member #

Seen a couple used ones pretty desirability optioned pop up in the california area.

Veteran Member Three Rings dazed1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Seen a couple used ones pretty desirability optioned pop up in the california area.
    Link? Pm it if you'd like :D

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

My GM emailed me 2 days ago telling me he got "verbal word" for delivery this month for sure...So I hope its not March. So excited for her to be in my garage...my last car was always outside lol...

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_RS3 View Post
    My GM emailed me 2 days ago telling me he got "verbal word" for delivery this month for sure...So I hope its not March. So excited for her to be in my garage...my last car was always outside lol...
    I hope you are right!

Build Thread

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dazed1 View Post
    Link? Pm it if you'd like :D
    PM'd

AZ Member #

Latest from SA as he saw the status update on Access Audi today. Not holding my breath for anything, but at least there is physical (electronic) evidence of a port hold and stop order.

AZ Member #

Latest from SA as he saw the status update on Access Audi today. Not holding my breath for anything, but at least there is physical (electronic) evidence of a port hold and stop order.

Does this mean dealerships wont take new orders?!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by uclaman View Post
    Does this mean dealerships wont take new orders?!
    I don't have any information about that part of it. So I can neither confirm or deny. Sorry :(

AZ Member #

Is this good new or bad news?

Build Thread

AZ Member #

Don't really know what to make of it, but this is the first time they've actually updated with it saying that there is a HOLD. The "Holds Estimate Days", from what my SA said, is days until the hold is cleared, so if it were going to be a week, usually they would put "7" there. Now we don't know if this is accurate, or if they jus threw a "0" in as a placeholder.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

That looks like bad news. They are only now updating the status to hold, and including a Stop Order?

AZ Member #

Yeah, I was looking at the 0 and being hopeful that it was accurate and not just an undefined value placeholder.

Build Thread

AZ Member #

Yeah, I was looking at the 0 and being hopeful that it was accurate and not just an undefined value placeholder.

Well if it was 0, and the effective date was 2 days ago, I would probably assume a place holder. And a bullshit one at that lol

AZ Member #

Well if it was 0, and the effective date was 2 days ago, I would probably assume a place holder. And a bullshit one at that lol
    Damn, you’re right. Le sigh.

Build Thread

AZ Member #

Latest update I have from my rep through the regional rep...
    RS3 and TTRS:

We have some clear activity, and vehicles should start being released from port between end of March and mid-April!!

AZ Member #

Whats weird is that according to the print out the dealer gave me about a week ago where it says “holds” its says no. But ETA shows march-Apr for a December 4 order. All this is so confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings BlackOptics's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My presumption all along is that a "port 'Stop Order' " means that an order in process (i.e. all of our cars) is paused. If you are anywhere along the delivery process, they will hold the car until the 'Stop Order' is lifted.

I assume that a "Stop Sale" would prevent anyone from putting money down for an "order". We haven't heard a Stop Sale is happening, ergo Mr. uclaman picking up an RS3 last week...

I think the image/schedule is nothing we don't already know. But, filling in the zero's would be GREEAAAAAT.
    2018 991.2 / 911T, GT Silver Metallic, LWBS, Sport Exh, Sports Chrono, LED's.
    2015 Q7 (4L) 3.0TDI, Glacier White, Prestige, S-Line, Black Optic, Tow, 21" Rotors
    2011 A4 Avant (B8) 2.0T, Ibis White, Premium+, Titanium Sport Pkg, Nav, B&O, 19" Rotors
    [Gone: 2017 TTS, 2003 A4 Avant]

AZ Member #

I was happier before I found this thread.

Build Thread

Established Member Two Rings big residual's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My 2018 Daytona w/ BO has < 1000 miles on it, MSS springs, EU visors and rear headrests. Are the current delays helping it's market value? I might be switching to a M2 soon :)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by big residual View Post
    My 2018 Daytona w/ BO has < 1000 miles on it, MSS springs, EU visors and rear headrests. Are the current delays helping it's market value? I might be switching to a M2 soon :)
    why the switch?
    Gone: 2016 Golf R
    Current: 2018 RS3 Ara Blue

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by big residual View Post
    At least wait for the S55 one coming in the fall.

Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast