Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings quietcropduster's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Dealership unable to diagnose noise

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    2013 Audi S4 46k miles

I have been dealing with this issue the better of a year and I'm not even sure where to start without typing 10 pages. My vehicle had the VVT TSB performed last year at a dealer (can provide info). Ever since I've had a rattling or tapping noise coming thru the drivers side fire wall where the steering stem comes thru for the steering wheel. I am 100% sure this issue was not present before the TSB was performed. I took my vehicle back to the dealer twice to have them diagnose the issue and they pretty much told me I was being hyper-sensitive to the sounds my vehicle was making and that nothing was wrong. The noise can be heard bet roughly 2500-3000 RPM. Sounds like an exhaust leak or chain rattle. It only makes the noise under load. When stationary revving in neutral does not make the noise. Even putting car in neutral coasting and free revving motor, noise goes away. I have put my vehicle on a lift multiple times to ensure it wasn't a lose heat shield or anything rubbing. I also smoked the exhaust to check for leaks, nothing.

I recently took my vehicle to the other Audi dealership and they acknowledged hearing the noise and stated my drivers side flex pipe was leaking under load. I had this replaced by an independent shop, drove the vehicle home, and the noise was still present. I have been trying to contact that service manager for the audi dealer. I have left several voice mails and he has yet to return my call. I also spoke with the customer service advocate. She advised to contact the service manager and if i could not get a hold of him to contact her back. Ive been trying to contact them both since last Wednesday (12/6). They have yet to return my calls.

I have provided a short video (just for sound) of the noise I'm hearing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NaNoJncGbI

I'd much prefer to speak to someone knowledgeable over the phone and can PM my contact info & VIN for further.
    B8.5 S4 S-Tronic | Glacier White Metallic Technology Package | Bang & Olufsen | Sports Differential | Carbon Inlays | Roc Euro Intake | LED Fogs | Summer: VMR V710s with Michelin PSS | Winter: OEM Peelers with Pirelli Winter Sottozero Series II | Magnaflow X Pipe | CR-15 Strut Brace | Stasis RSB | various vag-com mods

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by quietcropduster View Post
    2013 Audi S4 46k miles

I have been dealing with this issue the better of a year and I'm not even sure where to start without typing 10 pages. My vehicle had the VVT TSB performed last year at a dealer (can provide info). Ever since I've had a rattling or tapping noise coming thru the drivers side fire wall where the steering stem comes thru for the steering wheel. I am 100% sure this issue was not present before the TSB was performed. I took my vehicle back to the dealer twice to have them diagnose the issue and they pretty much told me I was being hyper-sensitive to the sounds my vehicle was making and that nothing was wrong. The noise can be heard bet roughly 2500-3000 RPM. Sounds like an exhaust leak or chain rattle. It only makes the noise under load. When stationary revving in neutral does not make the noise. Even putting car in neutral coasting and free revving motor, noise goes away. I have put my vehicle on a lift multiple times to ensure it wasn't a lose heat shield or anything rubbing. I also smoked the exhaust to check for leaks, nothing.

I recently took my vehicle to the other Audi dealership and they acknowledged hearing the noise and stated my drivers side flex pipe was leaking under load. I had this replaced by an independent shop, drove the vehicle home, and the noise was still present. I have been trying to contact that service manager for the audi dealer. I have left several voice mails and he has yet to return my call. I also spoke with the customer service advocate. She advised to contact the service manager and if i could not get a hold of him to contact her back. Ive been trying to contact them both since last Wednesday (12/6). They have yet to return my calls.

I have provided a short video (just for sound) of the noise I'm hearing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NaNoJncGbI

I'd much prefer to speak to someone knowledgeable over the phone and can PM my contact info & VIN for further.
    Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and making us aware of the current situation at the manufacturer level.If it's alright with you, I would like to gather some additional information to open up a case here at Audi of America and make sure the proper resources are being utilized to diagnose and repair your vehicle. If you could please send over a PM with your VIN and contact info as you stated I can begin the process for you. Thank you sincerely for your patience.

Best regards,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and making us aware of the current situation at the manufacturer level.If it's alright with you, I would like to gather some additional information to open up a case here at Audi of America and make sure the proper resources are being utilized to diagnose and repair your vehicle. If you could please send over a PM with your VIN and contact info as you stated I can begin the process for you. Thank you sincerely for your patience.

Best regards,
    I sent my contact info 4 days ago I believe and have yet to receive any phone calls.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    B8.5 S4 S-Tronic | Glacier White Metallic Technology Package | Bang & Olufsen | Sports Differential | Carbon Inlays | Roc Euro Intake | LED Fogs | Summer: VMR V710s with Michelin PSS | Winter: OEM Peelers with Pirelli Winter Sottozero Series II | Magnaflow X Pipe | CR-15 Strut Brace | Stasis RSB | various vag-com mods

AZ Member #

it has now been 4 more days, still havent received a call from anyone.....

AZ Member #

Still waiting, and it's been 15+ days, this is completely pathetic and offensive. Way to show your customers that you can could a crap less Audi.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk