Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Misfires/O2 Sensor fault codes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys,

two weeks into my first car (a 1.8T 6spd, AMB) and my clutch started slipping. I've parked it since then, ordered VeePeak from Amazon, and just checked fault codes because my CEL started flashing at certain parts of my commute before I parked it. Pending fault codes from Torque Lite:

P0300, P0303, P0304, P0301, P0302, P0135, P0133

So the 300s are misfires across the bank, the 135 is 'O2 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1', and the 133 is 'o2 sensor slow response bank 1 sensor 1'.

I don't mean to sound like I need my hand held, but... I'd love to hear some ideas about all this so that I can wrap my head around things before I take the car to my mechanic to do the clutch (and perhaps more shit).

- If it's just a random misfire, what could be causing it?

- How can it be connected to the O2 sensor issue, if it's connected at all?

- If it's coils or packs, why's it a random misfire instead of pinpointing the cylinder? Or are ECUs just not that smart..

I thought the rough idle and intermittent limp-like driving was due to the clutch but it seems like there's this issue at hand. Thanks for any help guys

Edit: To follow up, what are good displays/graphs to add to Torque so that I'm getting good info that I can report to my mechanic/back to you guys?

Edit2: I'm reading about similar issues due to 1) a PCV valve and 2) a pressure release valve, if that sparks ideas
    Last edited by Vicar13; 12-07-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Established Member Two Rings yanni6556's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Vicar13 View Post
    Hey guys,

two weeks into my first car (a 1.8T 6spd, AMB) and my clutch started slipping. I've parked it since then, ordered VeePeak from Amazon, and just checked fault codes because my CEL started flashing at certain parts of my commute before I parked it. Pending fault codes from Torque Lite:

P0300, P0303, P0304, P0301, P0302, P0135, P0133

So the 300s are misfires across the bank, the 135 is 'O2 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1', and the 133 is 'o2 sensor slow response bank 1 sensor 1'.

I don't mean to sound like I need my hand held, but... I'd love to hear some ideas about all this so that I can wrap my head around things before I take the car to my mechanic to do the clutch (and perhaps more shit).

- If it's just a random misfire, what could be causing it?

- How can it be connected to the O2 sensor issue, if it's connected at all?

- If it's coils or packs, why's it a random misfire instead of pinpointing the cylinder? Or are ECUs just not that smart..

I thought the rough idle and intermittent limp-like driving was due to the clutch but it seems like there's this issue at hand. Thanks for any help guys

Edit: To follow up, what are good displays/graphs to add to Torque so that I'm getting good info that I can report to my mechanic/back to you guys?

Edit2: I'm reading about similar issues due to 1) a PCV valve and 2) a pressure release valve, if that sparks ideas
    Try clear the codes start the motor and if they come back then it probably is the coil packs, however I canít see how all coils failed at the same time unless the person you got the car off put dud ones in.

Try swap the coils around and see if they still misfire. Also take a look at the condition of the harness.