Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 40 of 40
  1. #1
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 22 2017
    AZ Member #
    399844
    Location
    New Jersey

    RS4 Injectors with K04?

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Currently building my K04 set up. Does anyone run RS4 injectors with their K04? I have a set and am wondering if they are worth installing or if I should sell them and try to find S3 injectors. I know the RS4's flow more, but is it too much? Or will the tune still work for these.

    Also can someone explain what the RS4 LPFP controller does better over the stock A4 one?

    Thank you in advance!

  2. #2
    Established Member Two Rings A4 Quattro Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    397467
    Location
    Denver

    Quote Originally Posted by jmanseb7 View Post
    Currently building my K04 set up. Does anyone run RS4 injectors with their K04? I have a set and am wondering if they are worth installing or if I should sell them and try to find S3 injectors. I know the RS4's flow more, but is it too much? Or will the tune still work for these.

    Also can someone explain what the RS4 LPFP controller does better over the stock A4 one?

    Thank you in advance!
    I was wondering the same, I heard the pattern flows less on the rs4 than the S3. But be good to hear if someone is running them with no problem...

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Four Rings Andrew149's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 19 2009
    AZ Member #
    41417
    Location
    Modesto/CA

    S3 injectors are the correct flow pattern for the 2.0t and flows plenty for fuel.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Audi A4 Avant 2.0t 6speed
    JHM K04 tune, JHM Full B6 S4 exhaust system, JHM HPFP UPGRADE, JHM RS4 clutch, JHM Shifter Knob, S3 Injectors, S3 K04 Turbo, RS4 Grille, RS4 RSB, H&R Sport Spring, K&N, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Snub Mount, AWE Boost Gauge, 034 motor mounts, 034 Transmission mount, 15mm Rear Spacers, 12mm Front Spacers, Audi TT wheels.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Four Rings vce1232000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 17 2013
    AZ Member #
    117368
    My Garage
    83 MK1 GTI Callaway Turbo stg II
    Location
    jersey city nj
    Items for Sale

    RS4 injectors have incorrect spray pattern for the 2.0T FSI. It has a cold start problems 1st thing am. Some tuners have claimed a . But none that Ive . Some on says no issue. Better just to the S3. No issue's @ all

    The B7 RS4 LPFP controller lowers the duty cycle %. So it doesnt throw into limp mode when you wot . I had to 1 so it prevented going into limp mode and triggering the cel
    APR KO4, APR HPFP,RS4 LPFP Cntr,145 bar PRV, APR TP, TT DP, GFB DV+, AWE FMIC, BFI CC, AWE Exhaust, RS4 Exh tips, ST CO, 034 RSB,034 St Dnsty Mtr Mts, New Sth West Bst guage, B7 RS4 8 pot Calipers.Stop Tech slotted rotors.Goodridge SS brake lines frt & rr. Hawk HPS frt & rr. RS4 PS rack, RS4 Servotronic Relay,RS4 rims. S4 mirror caps,RS4 Mesh Style Grill,LED tail lites
    S4 Recaro Front & Rear seats. Led Interior Kit,United LED's fog lites
    2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Tiptronic 6spd

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 10 2012
    AZ Member #
    87997
    My Garage
    parts
    Location
    CANADA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by jmanseb7 View Post
    Currently building my K04 set up. Does anyone run RS4 injectors with their K04? I have a set and am wondering if they are worth installing or if I should sell them and try to find S3 injectors. I know the RS4's flow more, but is it too much? Or will the tune still work for these.

    Also can someone explain what the RS4 LPFP controller does better over the stock A4 one?

    Thank you in advance!
    A few are using the rs4 units still tuning will make the biggest difference. And fuel will also aid with them. S3 injectors will work fine. Iíve ran S3 on k04 and larger turbos. Iíve also got a set of the new revision RS4 units prepped to go in for use but again tuning will become my issue.

    Rs4 lpfp will allow better control or allow higher amounts of fuel at a lesser duty cycle (not sure if I word this correctly). Highly suggest this upgrade with any turbo upgrades. If you cannot find one call torqbyte and order their PM3 or CM5. Few rs4 units on eBay recently I believe the revision B is preferred in most A4.
    4 turbos (soon 5), 2 motors, 1 B7 A4

  6. #6
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Jake@JHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 31 2011
    AZ Member #
    80618
    My Garage
    16 MK7 GTI APR STG2 - 03 Grand Cherokee - 06 R6 Raven - 13 HD IRON
    Location
    Manteca/Lathrop

    We've flow tested both S3 and B7 RS4 injectors. RS4 injectors only flow 1-2% more fuel than the S3 injectors do. That in our opinion makes the B7 RS4 Injector not a reasonable option for the B7-A4 due to issues the RS4 injectors bring up on the A4 platform.

    S3's the way to go: https://jhmotorsports.com/injectors-...lf-r-2498.html

  7. #7
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 22 2017
    AZ Member #
    399844
    Location
    New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    A few are using the rs4 units still tuning will make the biggest difference. And fuel will also aid with them. S3 injectors will work fine. Iíve ran S3 on k04 and larger turbos. Iíve also got a set of the new revision RS4 units prepped to go in for use but again tuning will become my issue.

    Rs4 lpfp will allow better control or allow higher amounts of fuel at a lesser duty cycle (not sure if I word this correctly). Highly suggest this upgrade with any turbo upgrades. If you cannot find one call torqbyte and order their PM3 or CM5. Few rs4 units on eBay recently I believe the revision B is preferred in most A4.
    Quote Originally Posted by vce1232000 View Post
    RS4 injectors have incorrect spray pattern for the 2.0T FSI. It has a cold start problems 1st thing am. Some tuners have claimed a . But none that Ive . Some on says no issue. Better just to the S3. No issue's @ all

    The B7 RS4 LPFP controller lowers the duty cycle %. So it doesnt throw into limp mode when you wot . I had to 1 so it prevented going into limp mode and triggering the cel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake@JHM View Post
    We've flow tested both S3 and B7 RS4 injectors. RS4 injectors only flow 1-2% more fuel than the S3 injectors do. That in our opinion makes the B7 RS4 Injector not a reasonable option for the B7-A4 due to issues the RS4 injectors bring up on the A4 platform.

    S3's the way to go: https://jhmotorsports.com/injectors-...lf-r-2498.html
    Thank you all for the info! Didnt buy the RS4 injectors because i thought they would be "better" Just found them for a steal so i scooped them. Jake, thank you for the link! I work at an Audi dealership in NJ, so ill source those here, but i'll probably be going with you guys for the tune! Ill keep you updated when that time comes.

    Thanks again!

  8. #8
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Jake@JHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 31 2011
    AZ Member #
    80618
    My Garage
    16 MK7 GTI APR STG2 - 03 Grand Cherokee - 06 R6 Raven - 13 HD IRON
    Location
    Manteca/Lathrop

    Quote Originally Posted by jmanseb7 View Post
    Thank you all for the info! Didnt buy the RS4 injectors because i thought they would be "better" Just found them for a steal so i scooped them. Jake, thank you for the link! I work at an Audi dealership in NJ, so ill source those here, but i'll probably be going with you guys for the tune! Ill keep you updated when that time comes.

    Thanks again!
    Sounds good

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Four Rings vce1232000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 17 2013
    AZ Member #
    117368
    My Garage
    83 MK1 GTI Callaway Turbo stg II
    Location
    jersey city nj
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by jmanseb7 View Post
    but i'll probably be going with you guys for the tune! Ill keep you updated when that time comes.
    Pm'ed you
    APR KO4, APR HPFP,RS4 LPFP Cntr,145 bar PRV, APR TP, TT DP, GFB DV+, AWE FMIC, BFI CC, AWE Exhaust, RS4 Exh tips, ST CO, 034 RSB,034 St Dnsty Mtr Mts, New Sth West Bst guage, B7 RS4 8 pot Calipers.Stop Tech slotted rotors.Goodridge SS brake lines frt & rr. Hawk HPS frt & rr. RS4 PS rack, RS4 Servotronic Relay,RS4 rims. S4 mirror caps,RS4 Mesh Style Grill,LED tail lites
    S4 Recaro Front & Rear seats. Led Interior Kit,United LED's fog lites
    2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Tiptronic 6spd

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 27 2011
    AZ Member #
    77478
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Items for Sale

    In general use the injectors the tun is built around. Especially on FSI motors, you'll have issues if you don't. But yea, what Jake (and others) said. S3 ones are the proper ones for the 2.0t, RS4s work, but they have issues.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

  11. #11
    Established Member Two Rings A4 Quattro Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    397467
    Location
    Denver

    Quote Originally Posted by Jake@JHM View Post
    Sounds good
    Weren't you guys selling a controller or in the midst of making a controller?

    Been looking for rs4 no luck yet but heard great things on pm3....

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  12. #12
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Jake@JHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 31 2011
    AZ Member #
    80618
    My Garage
    16 MK7 GTI APR STG2 - 03 Grand Cherokee - 06 R6 Raven - 13 HD IRON
    Location
    Manteca/Lathrop

    Quote Originally Posted by A4 Quattro Joe View Post
    Weren't you guys selling a controller or in the midst of making a controller?

    Been looking for rs4 no luck yet but heard great things on pm3....

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    We are in the process of it yea

    we can get you an RS4 controller if you want one.

  13. #13
    Established Member Two Rings A4 Quattro Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    397467
    Location
    Denver

    Quote Originally Posted by Jake@JHM View Post
    We are in the process of it yea

    we can get you an RS4 controller if you want one.
    How much?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  14. #14
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Jake@JHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 31 2011
    AZ Member #
    80618
    My Garage
    16 MK7 GTI APR STG2 - 03 Grand Cherokee - 06 R6 Raven - 13 HD IRON
    Location
    Manteca/Lathrop

    Quote Originally Posted by A4 Quattro Joe View Post
    How much?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    I don't know off the top of my head. Shoot an email over to Sales@JHMotorsports.com and the sales guys can get you set up. Audi keeps upping the price on them.

  15. #15
    Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 10 2012
    AZ Member #
    87997
    My Garage
    parts
    Location
    CANADA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by A4 Quattro Joe View Post
    How much?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    Can try Jim Ellis audi dealership last quote I got from them was $270/unit this was brought down using a garage requesting. Mine just sold on eBay for $355. But they are now made in china. So Iím guessing thereís a retailer in china which is selling them. I donít really understand how they can move production to china then drive up the price, just boggles the brains. Ensil here in Canada is interested in making these but I sold my new unit rather then shipping it in for R&D.
    4 turbos (soon 5), 2 motors, 1 B7 A4

  16. #16
    Established Member Two Rings A4 Quattro Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    397467
    Location
    Denver

    Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    Can try Jim Ellis audi dealership last quote I got from them was $270/unit this was brought down using a garage requesting. Mine just sold on eBay for $355. But they are now made in china. So Iím guessing thereís a retailer in china which is selling them. I donít really understand how they can move production to china then drive up the price, just boggles the brains. Ensil here in Canada is interested in making these but I sold my new unit rather then shipping it in for R&D.
    Yup I bought yours on eBay rn lol!!

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  17. #17
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    399735
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    Can try Jim Ellis audi dealership last quote I got from them was $270/unit this was brought down using a garage requesting. Mine just sold on eBay for $355. But they are now made in china. So Iím guessing thereís a retailer in china which is selling them. I donít really understand how they can move production to china then drive up the price, just boggles the brains. Ensil here in Canada is interested in making these but I sold my new unit rather then shipping it in for R&D.
    Werenít you the guy who was complaining about JHM selling these for $300 bucks or was that someone else?

  18. #18
    Established Member Three Rings StatusQuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 15 2016
    AZ Member #
    374714
    Location
    Northern California

    Here is my formula.

    K04 on pump gas = S3 Injectors + OTS tune

    K04 with a E30 mix (25% e85) = S3 injectors + 155bar PRV + Custom Tune

    KO4 on E85 or Mix = RS4 injectors + Custom tune

    RS4 injectors will hurt cold starts. More e85 in the tank, the worse the cold start will be.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Audizine mobile app
    B7 Audi A4 Quattro
    Upgraded HPFP | RS4 Injectors | 175 Bar PRV | 50/50 E85 | Straightpipe Exhaust | Cold Air Intake | Big Turbo | Front Mount Intercooler | -- The Maestro Community Project --

  19. #19
    Established Member Two Rings A4 Quattro Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    397467
    Location
    Denver

    Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    Can try Jim Ellis audi dealership last quote I got from them was $270/unit this was brought down using a garage requesting. Mine just sold on eBay for $355. But they are now made in china. So Iím guessing thereís a retailer in china which is selling them. I donít really understand how they can move production to china then drive up the price, just boggles the brains. Ensil here in Canada is interested in making these but I sold my new unit rather then shipping it in for R&D.
    Do I need to get re tuned to have this work or plug and play? Also how hard is this task to change?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  20. #20
    Veteran Member Four Rings vce1232000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 17 2013
    AZ Member #
    117368
    My Garage
    83 MK1 GTI Callaway Turbo stg II
    Location
    jersey city nj
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by A4 Quattro Joe View Post
    Do I need to get re tuned to have this work or plug and play? Also how hard is this task to change?
    No re-tune needed. Pure plug & play . To replace unit takes about 10 minutes. Very simple
    APR KO4, APR HPFP,RS4 LPFP Cntr,145 bar PRV, APR TP, TT DP, GFB DV+, AWE FMIC, BFI CC, AWE Exhaust, RS4 Exh tips, ST CO, 034 RSB,034 St Dnsty Mtr Mts, New Sth West Bst guage, B7 RS4 8 pot Calipers.Stop Tech slotted rotors.Goodridge SS brake lines frt & rr. Hawk HPS frt & rr. RS4 PS rack, RS4 Servotronic Relay,RS4 rims. S4 mirror caps,RS4 Mesh Style Grill,LED tail lites
    S4 Recaro Front & Rear seats. Led Interior Kit,United LED's fog lites
    2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Tiptronic 6spd

  21. #21
    Established Member Two Rings A4 Quattro Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    397467
    Location
    Denver

    Quote Originally Posted by vce1232000 View Post
    No re-tune needed. Pure plug & play . To replace unit takes about 10 minutes. Very simple
    Thank you can't wait to try this out!

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  22. #22
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    May 09 2012
    AZ Member #
    93306
    My Garage
    08 A4 Avant, 05 Silver S4 2.7t swap
    Location
    Virginia
    Items for Sale

    Before going on a search for the RS4 controller find out if you really need it.

    I have a GT28 turbo setup (which certainly moves more air than a K04) and I run without the RS4 controller without any issues. S3 injectors.

    Talk with whoever is going to do your tuning.

    Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Established Member Two Rings A4 Quattro Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    397467
    Location
    Denver

    Quote Originally Posted by jbain2 View Post
    Before going on a search for the RS4 controller find out if you really need it.

    I have a GT28 turbo setup (which certainly moves more air than a K04) and I run without the RS4 controller without any issues. S3 injectors.

    Talk with whoever is going to do your tuning.

    Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
    I am bigger than a K04 so probably need it?

    JHM TD50h-R they don't have anything provided for extra fueling for this kit other than S3 injectors...

    IMO after speaking to a bunch of K04 people that benefit from them I think I should as well until I put something bigger then idk what would help..

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  24. #24
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Jake@JHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 31 2011
    AZ Member #
    80618
    My Garage
    16 MK7 GTI APR STG2 - 03 Grand Cherokee - 06 R6 Raven - 13 HD IRON
    Location
    Manteca/Lathrop

    Quote Originally Posted by A4 Quattro Joe View Post
    I am bigger than a K04 so probably need it?

    JHM TD50h-R they don't have anything provided for extra fueling for this kit other than S3 injectors...

    IMO after speaking to a bunch of K04 people that benefit from them I think I should as well until I put something bigger then idk what would help..

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    Our HPFP upgrade and RS4 rail valve is required for TD05H-R

  25. #25
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    May 09 2012
    AZ Member #
    93306
    My Garage
    08 A4 Avant, 05 Silver S4 2.7t swap
    Location
    Virginia
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by A4 Quattro Joe View Post
    I am bigger than a K04 so probably need it?

    JHM TD50h-R they don't have anything provided for extra fueling for this kit other than S3 injectors...

    IMO after speaking to a bunch of K04 people that benefit from them I think I should as well until I put something bigger then idk what would help..

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    Run the hardware that JHM specifies. If they donít say you need the RS4 LPFP controller, you donít need it.

    My point was that I am running a GT28 turbo using the stock controller and LPFP pump. S3 injectors and a 145 bar fuel rail valve.

    Maybe my tuner was a magician!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #26
    Established Member Two Rings A4 Quattro Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    397467
    Location
    Denver

    Quote Originally Posted by jbain2 View Post
    Run the hardware that JHM specifies. If they donít say you need the RS4 LPFP controller, you donít need it.

    My point was that I am running a GT28 turbo using the stock controller and LPFP pump. S3 injectors and a 145 bar fuel rail valve.

    Maybe my tuner was a magician!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's runs without it just as a K04 from APR runs without them or No?

    It just helps your fueling so your not overloading your lpfp which your prob maxing out up high.

    With RS4 lpfp controller u save life on your lpfp so imo to ea his own. I don't wanna spend money on another LPFP

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  27. #27
    Veteran Member Four Rings vce1232000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 17 2013
    AZ Member #
    117368
    My Garage
    83 MK1 GTI Callaway Turbo stg II
    Location
    jersey city nj
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by A4 Quattro Joe View Post
    It's runs without it just as a K04 from APR runs without them or No?

    It just helps your fueling so your not overloading your lpfp which your prob maxing out up high.

    With RS4 lpfp controller u save life on your lpfp so imo to ea his own. I don't wanna spend money on another LPFP[/URL]
    Im APR KO4 & tuned. My stock lpfp controller was overloading for some reason & throwing a cel & going into limp mode . @ the time I also had a new lpfp thinking that was the issue. It continued to do so after the . So I vcds some logs. Then I seen the issue was the duty cycle was to high when going wot . a RS4 control module & problem ed.
    APR KO4, APR HPFP,RS4 LPFP Cntr,145 bar PRV, APR TP, TT DP, GFB DV+, AWE FMIC, BFI CC, AWE Exhaust, RS4 Exh tips, ST CO, 034 RSB,034 St Dnsty Mtr Mts, New Sth West Bst guage, B7 RS4 8 pot Calipers.Stop Tech slotted rotors.Goodridge SS brake lines frt & rr. Hawk HPS frt & rr. RS4 PS rack, RS4 Servotronic Relay,RS4 rims. S4 mirror caps,RS4 Mesh Style Grill,LED tail lites
    S4 Recaro Front & Rear seats. Led Interior Kit,United LED's fog lites
    2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Tiptronic 6spd

  28. #28
    Senior Member Four Rings Okedokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 24 2015
    AZ Member #
    363505
    Location
    Perth, WA

    Quote Originally Posted by vce1232000 View Post
    Im APR KO4 & tuned. My stock lpfp controller was overloading for some reason & throwing a cel & going into limp mode . @ the time I also had a new lpfp thinking that was the issue. It continued to do so after the . So I vcds some logs. Then I seen the issue was the duty cycle was to high when going wot . a RS4 control module & problem ed.
    Exactly the same for me with a K03 tune (2+).
    A4 B7 2.0T | HPFP upgrade + FMIC | BSR Stage II + exhaust + HFC | RS4 fuel contr., PRV + S3 inj., G247 + DW300c | GFB DV+| 034 RSB + all arms and mounts | S4 brakes | B12 Bilstein suspension + H&R springs | RNS-E + Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + DB840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub | LEDs throughout | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims

    My respray thread

  29. #29
    Established Member Two Rings A4 Quattro Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    397467
    Location
    Denver

    Quote Originally Posted by Jake@JHM View Post
    Our HPFP upgrade and RS4 rail valve is required for TD05H-R
    Yeah it all came with kit right? Rs4 fuel valve


    Have a APR HPFP

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  30. #30
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Jake@JHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 31 2011
    AZ Member #
    80618
    My Garage
    16 MK7 GTI APR STG2 - 03 Grand Cherokee - 06 R6 Raven - 13 HD IRON
    Location
    Manteca/Lathrop

    Quote Originally Posted by A4 Quattro Joe View Post
    Yeah it all came with kit right? Rs4 fuel valve


    Have a APR HPFP

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    If you ordered the kit form us and you selected the correct drop-down options then yea

  31. #31
    Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 10 2012
    AZ Member #
    87997
    My Garage
    parts
    Location
    CANADA
    Items for Sale



    Heres your explanation why some lpfp controllers are not capable of fueling. Doesnít seem like many companies/tuners (apr/unitronic) are doing these sort of testing but the clever folks at torqbyte have proven what others seem to overlook. I will need to find the exact part number from my oem controller but they believe the part number will be effected with the same results.


    This is the unit which was proven to max at 65% (over he phone they explained this was 63% on testing, rounded up when emailed)
    Last edited by canadianA4B7; Today at 04:36 AM.
    4 turbos (soon 5), 2 motors, 1 B7 A4

  32. #32
    Veteran Member Four Rings texasboy21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 01 2007
    AZ Member #
    16891
    My Garage
    2017 Mustang GT Performance Package, 1983 Chevy Silverado
    Location
    houston texas

    Torqbyte CM5/Eurodyne BMP seems to be a solid way to go

    ....based on my super noob research on the B7 BT fueling options.
    Last edited by texasboy21; Today at 08:08 AM.

  33. #33
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    399735
    Location
    New Hampshire

    If the S3 or Golf R unit is a viable option, why isnít everyone jumping on that instead of trying to find harder to get RS4 modules? Are the connectors and wiring different?

  34. #34
    Senior Member Four Rings Okedokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 24 2015
    AZ Member #
    363505
    Location
    Perth, WA

    Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post


    Heres your explanation why some lpfp controllers are not capable of fueling. Doesnít seem like many companies are doing these sort of testing but the clever folks at torqbyte have proven what others seem to overlook. I will need to find the exact part number from my oem controller but they believe the part number will be effected with the same results.
    Can you please clarify which controller is capping out at 65%?
    A4 B7 2.0T | HPFP upgrade + FMIC | BSR Stage II + exhaust + HFC | RS4 fuel contr., PRV + S3 inj., G247 + DW300c | GFB DV+| 034 RSB + all arms and mounts | S4 brakes | B12 Bilstein suspension + H&R springs | RNS-E + Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + DB840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub | LEDs throughout | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims

    My respray thread

  35. #35
    Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 10 2012
    AZ Member #
    87997
    My Garage
    parts
    Location
    CANADA
    Items for Sale

    See above thread I was looking for photo to post.

    I cannot get my hands on the diagrams for the golf R, ttrs, S3 or some of the others which look to be similar wiring pins. Some drawings would be helpful. But based on current hp ratings of newer models I would assume (which usually results in me looking like an ass) that a bit of wiring could result in more lpfp control. Iíve also never thought of what the b7 S4 cars are using.
    4 turbos (soon 5), 2 motors, 1 B7 A4

  36. #36
    Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 27 2011
    AZ Member #
    77478
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Items for Sale

    B7S4 use the old 4.2 with port injection so no HPFP and no LPFP controller.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

  37. #37
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    399735
    Location
    New Hampshire

    The MK7 Golf R controller is only 130 bucks. Anybody wanna try one? :)

  38. #38
    Senior Member Four Rings Okedokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 24 2015
    AZ Member #
    363505
    Location
    Perth, WA

    Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    See above thread I was looking for photo to post.

    I cannot get my hands on the diagrams for the golf R, ttrs, S3 or some of the others which look to be similar wiring pins. Some drawings would be helpful. But based on current hp ratings of newer models I would assume (which usually results in me looking like an ass) that a bit of wiring could result in more lpfp control. Iíve also never thought of what the b7 S4 cars are using.
    Right, so what we're saying is the stock A4 controller is 30% underated compared to an RS4 controller? Speak clearly man!
    A4 B7 2.0T | HPFP upgrade + FMIC | BSR Stage II + exhaust + HFC | RS4 fuel contr., PRV + S3 inj., G247 + DW300c | GFB DV+| 034 RSB + all arms and mounts | S4 brakes | B12 Bilstein suspension + H&R springs | RNS-E + Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + DB840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub | LEDs throughout | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims

    My respray thread

  39. #39
    Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 10 2012
    AZ Member #
    87997
    My Garage
    parts
    Location
    CANADA
    Items for Sale

    Tested my oem lpfp controller was only reaching 65% duty cycle max. The oem controllers should reach 92% duty cycle. These were compared between oem A4 LPFP controllers. This testing did not include the RS4 lpfp controller.

    I do not know the exact measurements used for this test. My best guess is theyíre rated for x duty cycle at Y current. The rs4 produces more X at lower Y.

    This helpful at all?
    4 turbos (soon 5), 2 motors, 1 B7 A4

  40. #40
    Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 10 2012
    AZ Member #
    87997
    My Garage
    parts
    Location
    CANADA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    The MK7 Golf R controller is only 130 bucks. Anybody wanna try one? :)
    I would confirm wiring before plugging this in. I have seen a few instances where Audi has switched or reversed + and - terminals between model years.
    4 turbos (soon 5), 2 motors, 1 B7 A4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.