2006 Audi S4 4.2

There use to be start up rattles for me, but never were severe enough to concern me. Then I started to hear this rattle when the car was being driven and you could easily hear it when driving. The sounds while driving around were a constant chain slap/knock that followed through the RPMís. So I decided to pull the motor and trans. Separated everything and pulled all of the electrical out of the way. Got the timing covers off the rear of the engine. Everything was going great. Until I went to unbolt the cam adjuster in Bank 2 (drivers side) and the cam locking bar fell out causing the camshafts to rotate while the crank was in TDC. I hurried and pulled out the crank lock and tried to readjust the timing by rotating the hex heads to get the cam lock bar back into position to hold the cams. I need advice on how to fix this, any input would really help. Iím hoping it not to bad, but I am expecting the worst. How can I retime Bank 2 to all of the other banks? Iíve gotten the cam lock bar back in but need advice on how to tell if I damaged any pistons or valves. Any recommendations from anyone is accepted. Bank 2 chain and chain tensioner are off now but I canít figure out how to retime the bank...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk