Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring BaconTheGreat's Avatar
    AZ Member #

30v 2.8 Potential

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Good afternoon, all! I'd like to start by saying, Great Forum! I've followed for a while and recently joined. I can't help but appreciate the knowledge on these pages...

As for my question, how much power is the 30v 2.8 capable of producing before it becomes unreasonably unreliable? I've read several things about, and even experienced, how there is a very narrow aftermarket for this engine. Is a forced induction power adder beneficial, or even a good idea? What about chips and internal engine work, including but limited to, boring, porting and polishing. Thanks for any advice you guys have...

Also, if this is a repost, or in the wrong place, I apologize. I looked but I thought this was probably the best fit. ...It doesn't help that I'm not abundantly computer savvy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Registered Member One Ring Polski96's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    79 foxbody coupe, 90 F-super duty 460bbf

Well I installed s4 injectors and a simple resistor mod on the maf on my 2.8 to run e85. With the high compression of the engine it loves the corn juice and the power increase is felt. Otherwise the aftermarket is slim apart from overpriced pes supercharger kits and some chips. Shortly speaking dont expect more than 300hp on boost and 210hp on a chip.

Registered Member One Ring BaconTheGreat's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Polski96 View Post
    Well I installed s4 injectors and a simple resistor mod on the maf on my 2.8 to run e85. With the high compression of the engine it loves the corn juice and the power increase is felt. Otherwise the aftermarket is slim apart from overpriced pes supercharger kits and some chips. Shortly speaking dont expect more than 300hp on boost and 210hp on a chip.
    Ouch! Thanks, Polski!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk