Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Four Rings 14S4GWM's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Cooalnt cap question

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello

I have a question about coolant reservoir caps available for 3.0T Supercharged motor. What if any are the differences relating to the amount of pressure each cap handles. I am trying to figure out the difference from the R8 coolant cap (420 121 321) and the standard stock blue cap. Every website I see lists the R8 coolant cap as a fit for this motor. I have the R8 cap and my dealer is trying to tell me that the R8 cap holds more pressure than the standard cap and is denying a warranty claim of coolant leaking from another part of the motor due to the higher pressure being held. Do you have any info on the difference between the two caps. I really don't believe there is a difference with the pressure at all. Please provide documentation if you could.

Thanks
    2014 S4 P+ Glacier White DSG
    Black Optic/ B&O/ Sports Diff/ Carbon Atlas/ V1/ P3/ Carista/ ECS CF Intake/ ECS CF Diffuser/ Bilstein B8/ H&R OE Springs/ H&R 10-12mm Spacers
    C-Quartz/ Suntek PPF/ AWE Touring 102/ 034 X-Brace & Inserts/ Eurocode Sways/ Akebono Pads/ CR-15/ VLED VX3 LED Fogs

Senior Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Items for Sale

Honestly Audi just sucks ass with these warranty voids. Mine got basically voided due to my exhaust
    Current
    2014 AUDI A4
    2003 AUDI A4 Convertible
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    Previous
    2010 BMW 328XI
    2002 BMW M5
    2013 JETTA SE 2003 MERCEDES-BENZ S430 4MATIC 2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL LEXUS GS460, 2011 CHEVY CAMARO 2008 BMW X3,2000 Audi A4,2003 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1996 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1988,SCIROCCO16V

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 14S4GWM View Post
    Hello

I have a question about coolant reservoir caps available for 3.0T Supercharged motor. What if any are the differences relating to the amount of pressure each cap handles. I am trying to figure out the difference from the R8 coolant cap (420 121 321) and the standard stock blue cap. Every website I see lists the R8 coolant cap as a fit for this motor. I have the R8 cap and my dealer is trying to tell me that the R8 cap holds more pressure than the standard cap and is denying a warranty claim of coolant leaking from another part of the motor due to the higher pressure being held. Do you have any info on the difference between the two caps. I really don't believe there is a difference with the pressure at all. Please provide documentation if you could.

Thanks
    Hello,

Thanks for reaching out and making us aware of the current discomfort you are currently experiencing with the pending repairs . Normally in situations such as these we will support our dealer's decision making ability as they are our best and trusted technical resource. However, I do want to look examine this situation further for you and see if we are able to provide you with some clarity. Are you able to send over a PM with your VIN and contact information? I look forward to hearing back from you and providing whatever assistance possible.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager