Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Foglights - wiring diagram question

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi everyone, I've recently seen a very cool fog light setup. A guy installed 4 fog lights (2 on each side) into an aftermarket bumper of his Q7.
    I was wondering, whow do I wire 4 fog lights at once? I plan taking 2 sets of projector round fog lights.
    Is there a wiring diagram that I can refer to when installing the new lights?
    Any help is appreciated...

PS - will get back to you folks with the pic of what I want the lights look.
    Cheers!

Established Member Three Rings Ford Prefect's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Silver S4, Mercedes Benz R350 ('07 & '11), Suzuki SV1000

Didnít know there was a lighting forum...

The easy answer is in parallel. You tap the power wire and take to each fog light separately from the original plug. If you donít have fog lights and are wiring to your own switch, check out this diagram:

http://www.mossmotoring.com/how-to-w...ingfog-lights/

Sent from my iPad using Audizine

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    Didnít know there was a lighting forum...
    Haha, I am new and that's the only forum that's close to my topic, so decided to post here
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    If you donít have fog lights and are wiring to your own switch
    Nope, I've got OE fog lights, but one is cracked, as well as my lower bumper. So I thought of a new bumper, and anyways I will need a new fog light.
    Then I saw the Q7 with cool foglight setup, and thought maybe to try doing something similar, here is the pic -
    1221.JPG
    Here is where I've taken the pic from - https://www.carid.com/gallery/audi/q7/ That's the Q7 in the top right corner.
    So I thought that I can do something similar, you know. I will grab a set of 4 projector lights, meanwhile will check for the right wiring diagram and will let you know, how it goes J

Established Member Three Rings Ford Prefect's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Silver S4, Mercedes Benz R350 ('07 & '11), Suzuki SV1000

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff77 View Post
    Haha, I am new and that's the only forum that's close to my topic, so decided to post here

Nope, I've got OE fog lights, but one is cracked, as well as my lower bumper. So I thought of a new bumper, and anyways I will need a new fog light.
    Then I saw the Q7 with cool foglight setup, and thought maybe to try doing something similar, here is the pic -
    1221.JPG
    Here is where I've taken the pic from - https://www.carid.com/gallery/audi/q7/ That's the Q7 in the top right corner.
    So I thought that I can do something similar, you know. I will grab a set of 4 projector lights, meanwhile will check for the right wiring diagram and will let you know, how it goes J
    Welcome! I'm new this past Feb. nice car! I can't imagine how fast the S7 is.

I'd definitely post in the A7/S7 forum, a lot of knowledge and most things have probably been done so they can help.

With an S7 I'm sure you're not new to forums, but be warned there are no shortage of folks on AZ to tell you to search or just be assholes in general, haha.

Looking forward to pics, but this should be relatively easy to wire since you have stock lamps. Maybe someone in the S7 forum knows how the "lights out" warning works. I doubt the additional lamp would cause issues but you might not be able to get the warning on the second. Interested to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine