Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

What is excessive play in the fron suspension? B8 S4

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Audi,
    How much play should i have in the front components? When I turn the wheel hard left or right ther is a strong clunk and you can feel chopping movement as you begging to move forward.

Example, without weight on the car, I can move the tie rod end, shock mount, curved control arm, and lower control arm with my hand.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Brian

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BKE View Post
    Audi,
    How much play should i have in the front components? When I turn the wheel hard left or right ther is a strong clunk and you can feel chopping movement as you begging to move forward.

Example, without weight on the car, I can move the tie rod end, shock mount, curved control arm, and lower control arm with my hand.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Brian
    Hello Brian,

Thank you for reaching out and for making Audi aware of the concerns you are experiencing in the front components and the front suspension area. In terms of technical assistance or support, my resources and knowledge will be limited as we do not function as a technical resource. I highly encourage you to schedule an appointment with your local dealership to have them inspect the components on your vehicle and determine if it is within Audi manufacturing specifications.

If you require assistance getting in contact with your dealership or setting up an appointment, please feel free to PM me a message with your VIN and contact information and I can make sure the dealership gets you in for an appointment and is also aware of what is going on with your S4 before you arrive. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Best regards,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager