Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Four Rings VinnysS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Very disappointed Audi!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So I take my car, 2005.5 S4, to my local Audi dealer to get the airbag recall taken care of.
    AUDI OF WILSONVILLE IN OREGON
    I'm very adamant to the counter guy that I don't want my software messed with or anything done to my car as I have just done a TON of work to my car. I'm talking, motor rebuild, manual tranny swap, 60+hours of porting and polishing work to the entire top end, timing, full suspension, drivetrain, etc....
    Everything seems to go as planned and I go to pick my car up. Well the service guy who goes to get my car, starts it up cold and revs the piss out of my engine, then proceeds to drive it through their park I lot like an idiot. ON A COLD ENGINE.
    Are you serious??????
    For 1... there is a thing called scored cylinder walls due to REVVING THE PISS OUT OF IT COLD. Very well known on this platform... well on ANY platform it is not accepted to rev a cold engine to red line.
    Second, it's MY car, not his. Is this how you treat customers vehicles? What did you do to it when I wasn't there?????
    I'm soo upset.
    UGH!!!!!
    WHY AUDI?
    1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-s-s4-timeline

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by VinnysS4 View Post
    So I take my car, 2005.5 S4, to my local Audi dealer to get the airbag recall taken care of.
    AUDI OF WILSONVILLE IN OREGON
    I'm very adamant to the counter guy that I don't want my software messed with or anything done to my car as I have just done a TON of work to my car. I'm talking, motor rebuild, manual tranny swap, 60+hours of porting and polishing work to the entire top end, timing, full suspension, drivetrain, etc....
    Everything seems to go as planned and I go to pick my car up. Well the service guy who goes to get my car, starts it up cold and revs the piss out of my engine, then proceeds to drive it through their park I lot like an idiot. ON A COLD ENGINE.
    Are you serious??????
    For 1... there is a thing called scored cylinder walls due to REVVING THE PISS OUT OF IT COLD. Very well known on this platform... well on ANY platform it is not accepted to rev a cold engine to red line.
    Second, it's MY car, not his. Is this how you treat customers vehicles? What did you do to it when I wasn't there?????
    I'm soo upset.
    UGH!!!!!
    WHY AUDI?
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and making Audi of America aware of the recent experience over at Audi of Wilsonville. I know this must have been an incredibly frustrating experience for you especially with all of the care, attention and expertly performed modifications you have made to your vehicle and to have a dealer personnel misuse your vehicle and potentially cause harm to it is one of the worst possible outcomes. Audi of America would like to fully examine and research this matter and in order to do so we require additional information from you. Are you able to send over a PM with your VIN and contact information including your email address?

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and in order for us to prevent situations such as this in the future we require the direct feedback from our customer's. I look forward to hearing from you and providing information on how we are going to proceed.

Best regards,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

AZ Member #

Pm sent

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Audizine mobile app
    1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

Active Member Two Rings boston s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a6 avant, LandCruisers

That would really make me nuts--- I never run the s4 hard until the oil temp is in the operating range

Sent from my iPad using Audizine mobile app

Senior Member Three Rings SForePlayin''s Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Honda Odyssey, 2016 Toyota Camry SE
    Items for Sale

Reminds me of the incident that made national news, where a client took his Audi to an Audi dealer and the dash cam caught a technician taking the car for a joy ride.
    2014 S4 Ice Silver Metallic | Black Optic | DSG | Sport Diff | ADS | Fine Black Nappa | MMI Nav + | B&O | Carbon Atlas Inlays | Supercharged Badges | Advanced Key | OEM Floor and Trunk Mats | Michelin PSS A/S 3 | Lamin-x Yellow | deAutoLED | Carista |
    2003 A4 Sedan | Light Silver Metallic | MT6 | 3.0 Quattro | - Traded In

AZ Member #

Exactly. I am debating on installing a dash cam just for these incidents. It just really makes me wonder what they did to my car when I was not there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Audizine mobile app

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 GTR, 2013 JCW Mini Hardtop

damn, I wish Nissan logged in to GTRLife and responded like Audi has so far.

OP, I wish you the best of luck. Is there any way to evaluate for damage without pulling the entire motor?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    2016 S3 Temporarily stock
    2013 JCW Mini Hardtop
    2012 GT-R BE

AZ Member #

Any damage that was caused will be swept under the rug. The problem would be proving that the damage, if any visible, was caused by the guy revving it cold. A boroscope would show any cylinder wall scoring.

Active Member Two Rings vandelizer's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by VinnysS4 View Post
    Exactly. I am debating on installing a dash cam just for these incidents. It just really makes me wonder what they did to my car when I was not there.

I recommend the BlackVue 6 or 7 series. It works really well after lots and lots of research.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Thanks!

Veteran Member Four Rings a4darkness's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Nice work @Audi USA

Thomas
    | Chronicles | Threads | IG
    // A U B A