Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: RS5 Arrival?

  1. #1
    Veteran Member Four Rings LeadToRome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 25 2010
    AZ Member #
    58130
    Location
    I-95

    RS5 Arrival?

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anybody got the skinny on when the new RS5 will become available in the US? Thanks.
    1996 Porsche 911 Carrera Cab. 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. 2004 Chevy K2500HD Silverado. 2004 Audi Allroad. 2011 Audi S4. 2014 Audi SQ5.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Three Rings m-ys4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 29 2014
    AZ Member #
    269065
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Items for Sale

    Will be available in Canada:

    March for the 2018 RS5 Coupe
    November (2018) for the RS5 Sportback

    Assuming the US will get it around the same time.
    H.J Pfaff Audi - Audi Brand Specialist

    2018 B9 S5 Coupe Technik Mythos Black- Current
    2013 B8.5 A4 Technik manual - Sold
    2007 GTI manual coupe - Sold
    2005 B6 S4 manual - Sold
    2008 Mazdaspeed3 manual fully built - Sold
    2004 Volvo S60R manual - Sold

  3. #3
    Active Member Two Rings wam22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 23 2017
    AZ Member #
    393933
    Location
    chicago

    Coupe probably late spring/early summer and the sportback mid-late summer.

  4. #4
    Established Member Two Rings douglasjboehme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 22 2015
    AZ Member #
    344223
    My Garage
    1995 Land Rover D90, 1990 Mazda Miata
    Location
    Blue Bell, PA

    Coupe can be ordered in Jan/Feb 2018.

    Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
    2016 S4 - 6MT | Sepang Blue | Black Optic | Layered Aluminum/Black wood inlay | Nappa Leather | Sport Diff | AWE Touring Exhaust, Stock DPs

  5. #5
    Senior Member Four Rings Jimmy ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 13 2014
    AZ Member #
    282403
    Location
    New York

    Has US order guide and prices been released yet?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 TTS. Mythos Black w/ Nappa Red interior. APR 1, AFE Intake

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Four Rings LeadToRome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 25 2010
    AZ Member #
    58130
    Location
    I-95

    Thanks for the info fellas. Thinking about trading in my '11 S4 when the RS5 hits the dealers. Anyone have thoughts on the wisdom of first-model-year purchases?
    1996 Porsche 911 Carrera Cab. 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. 2004 Chevy K2500HD Silverado. 2004 Audi Allroad. 2011 Audi S4. 2014 Audi SQ5.

  7. #7
    Established Member Two Rings douglasjboehme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 22 2015
    AZ Member #
    344223
    My Garage
    1995 Land Rover D90, 1990 Mazda Miata
    Location
    Blue Bell, PA

    No order or price list yet. That will come soon. I'm on the waiting list at my dealer so I will let the list know. For now, you can go to the Canada website and configure to see some options.

    Colors will be different though for the US.

    Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
    2016 S4 - 6MT | Sepang Blue | Black Optic | Layered Aluminum/Black wood inlay | Nappa Leather | Sport Diff | AWE Touring Exhaust, Stock DPs

  8. #8
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Oct 06 2017
    AZ Member #
    407958
    Location
    Ottawa Ontario

    I was told it will be on display at the LA auto show December 1-10 (the actual NA model)

  9. #9
    Senior Member Two Rings hayasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 25 2008
    AZ Member #
    32347
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Quote Originally Posted by ks_os View Post
    I was told it will be on display at the LA auto show December 1-10 (the actual NA model)
    I saw it there and sat in it, checked out the engine bay, and did a full once-over. I can truly say that it is automotive perfection. It also has a donut spare tire, too.

    I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the vents next to the headlights were for, however. Shined a flashlight in there - they are ducts to somewhere - but didn't see where. The rears are fake as was mentioned in another thread.
    2018 Audi ??? (TBD)
    1990 Audi Coupe Quattro rallycross car
    2008 Audi S4 - SOLD
    I like my women like I like my roads: curvy and well lit.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Three Rings JWreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 28 2014
    AZ Member #
    268939
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by hayasa View Post
    I saw it there and sat in it, checked out the engine bay, and did a full once-over. I can truly say that it is automotive perfection. It also has a donut spare tire, too.

    I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the vents next to the headlights were for, however. Shined a flashlight in there - they are ducts to somewhere - but didn't see where. The rears are fake as was mentioned in another thread.
    I have yet to see a single article on Audi having the RS5 at the show this year.
    2014 S4 P+ | Estoril Blue Crystal | Quattro Sports Diff | Carbon Atlas | Nappa Leather | MMI + Tech Pkg | B & O | Wheels: 19" Peelers w/ 255/35 Michelin PSS

  11. #11
    Senior Member Two Rings hayasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 25 2008
    AZ Member #
    32347
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Quote Originally Posted by JWreck View Post
    I have yet to see a single article on Audi having the RS5 at the show this year.
    Here is a photo of the beast. It was quite beautiful in person and photos don't do it justice.

    Also, the people there said that pricing should be out by the end of the year (for US) with deliveries starting in March. Priced a little over the old RS5 so starting around low $70s I'm thinking.
    2018 Audi ??? (TBD)
    1990 Audi Coupe Quattro rallycross car
    2008 Audi S4 - SOLD
    I like my women like I like my roads: curvy and well lit.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Three Rings JWreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 28 2014
    AZ Member #
    268939
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by hayasa View Post
    Here is a photo of the beast. It was quite beautiful in person and photos don't do it justice.

    Also, the people there said that pricing should be out by the end of the year (for US) with deliveries starting in March. Priced a little over the old RS5 so starting around low $70s I'm thinking.
    Nice. They didnít have a RS5 Sportback there, did they? Thatís what Iím waiting on, but Iíve also been told pricing by end of year for RS5, which should be very close to pricing for the Sportback.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 S4 P+ | Estoril Blue Crystal | Quattro Sports Diff | Carbon Atlas | Nappa Leather | MMI + Tech Pkg | B & O | Wheels: 19" Peelers w/ 255/35 Michelin PSS

  13. #13
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Oct 06 2017
    AZ Member #
    407958
    Location
    Ottawa Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by JWreck View Post
    Nice. They didnít have a RS5 Sportback there, did they? Thatís what Iím waiting on, but Iíve also been told pricing by end of year for RS5, which should be very close to pricing for the Sportback.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, the RS5 Sportback is not even available in Europe yet, perhaps we will see a European model some time in February, in NA should be available sometime in November 2018.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Three Rings JWreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 28 2014
    AZ Member #
    268939
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by ks_os View Post
    No, the RS5 Sportback is not even available in Europe yet, perhaps we will see a European model some time in February, in NA should be available sometime in November 2018.
    Iíve been told pricing for RS5 in December, spring for announcement and orders of SB and later year maybe end of Q3 delivery.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 S4 P+ | Estoril Blue Crystal | Quattro Sports Diff | Carbon Atlas | Nappa Leather | MMI + Tech Pkg | B & O | Wheels: 19" Peelers w/ 255/35 Michelin PSS

  15. #15
    Senior Member Two Rings hayasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 25 2008
    AZ Member #
    32347
    Location
    Los Angeles

    There wasn't even an S5 Sportback there - I was hoping to try out the back seat but no luck. The Audi people there really weren't much help. Nice folks who were polite and well dressed, but relatively clueless about the details of the models on display. Last year they brought along some official Audi people who knew all the technical details so I geeked out an all the neat engineering and design decisions. This year it was a lot of blank stares when I was asking about engine characteristics or handling differences with the various AWD systems across the Audi model lines.
    2018 Audi ??? (TBD)
    1990 Audi Coupe Quattro rallycross car
    2008 Audi S4 - SOLD
    I like my women like I like my roads: curvy and well lit.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Three Rings JWreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 28 2014
    AZ Member #
    268939
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by hayasa View Post
    There wasn't even an S5 Sportback there - I was hoping to try out the back seat but no luck. The Audi people there really weren't much help. Nice folks who were polite and well dressed, but relatively clueless about the details of the models on display. Last year they brought along some official Audi people who knew all the technical details so I geeked out an all the neat engineering and design decisions. This year it was a lot of blank stares when I was asking about engine characteristics or handling differences with the various AWD systems across the Audi model lines.
    Yeah Iím guessing thatís because there wasnít anything NEW there. I think everything there had already been introduced at previous events (like the new A8). Bummer though!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 S4 P+ | Estoril Blue Crystal | Quattro Sports Diff | Carbon Atlas | Nappa Leather | MMI + Tech Pkg | B & O | Wheels: 19" Peelers w/ 255/35 Michelin PSS

  17. #17
    Established Member Two Rings JorisRS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 06 2017
    AZ Member #
    400688
    My Garage
    2006 a4. apr stage 2, bilstein coilovers, h&r sways, custom exhaust, 19"wheels, forsale 7000CAD
    Location
    Norwich

    Who cares about the rs5. Bring the rs4 and the rs6 back!


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  18. #18
    Senior Member Three Rings JWreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 28 2014
    AZ Member #
    268939
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by JorisRS6 View Post
    Who cares about the rs5. Bring the rs4 and the rs6 back!


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    I do, since theyíve confirmed theyíre not bringing the RS4 over. Itís basically the RS4.

    The RS6 is supposed to come over sometime...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 S4 P+ | Estoril Blue Crystal | Quattro Sports Diff | Carbon Atlas | Nappa Leather | MMI + Tech Pkg | B & O | Wheels: 19" Peelers w/ 255/35 Michelin PSS

  19. #19
    Established Member Two Rings JorisRS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 06 2017
    AZ Member #
    400688
    My Garage
    2006 a4. apr stage 2, bilstein coilovers, h&r sways, custom exhaust, 19"wheels, forsale 7000CAD
    Location
    Norwich

    Quote Originally Posted by JWreck View Post
    I do, since theyíve confirmed theyíre not bringing the RS4 over. Itís basically the RS4.

    The RS6 is supposed to come over sometime...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats right. Rs5 looks better than the rs4 anyway imo. I didnt know about the rs6


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  20. #20
    Active Member Two Rings lbonl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09 2010
    AZ Member #
    53137
    Location
    Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by JWreck View Post
    I do, since theyíve confirmed theyíre not bringing the RS4 over. Itís basically the RS4.

    The RS6 is supposed to come over sometime...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Really?? The RS6 Avant is coming??
    18 A5 Sportback S-Line
    10 A4 S-Line

  21. #21
    Active Member Two Rings ZeGerman_A4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    395481
    Location
    Raleigh, NC, USA

    Quote Originally Posted by lbonl View Post
    Really?? The RS6 Avant is coming??
    There will be no RS4 Avant nor RS6 Avant in the US.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  22. #22
    Active Member Two Rings boston s4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 20 2016
    AZ Member #
    372109
    My Garage
    a6 avant, LandCruisers
    Location
    boston ma

    If they bring the RS6 avant to the US - I will be waiting at the dock
    I sat in one in London about 6 months ago - wow


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  23. #23
    Senior Member Three Rings JWreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 28 2014
    AZ Member #
    268939
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman_A4 View Post
    There will be no RS4 Avant nor RS6 Avant in the US.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Although I share the sentiment that itís highly unlikely, no one that ACTUALLY knows would be able to say anything online so itís all hearsay until Audi releases a statement.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 S4 P+ | Estoril Blue Crystal | Quattro Sports Diff | Carbon Atlas | Nappa Leather | MMI + Tech Pkg | B & O | Wheels: 19" Peelers w/ 255/35 Michelin PSS

  24. #24
    Established Member Two Rings JorisRS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 06 2017
    AZ Member #
    400688
    My Garage
    2006 a4. apr stage 2, bilstein coilovers, h&r sways, custom exhaust, 19"wheels, forsale 7000CAD
    Location
    Norwich

    Quote Originally Posted by boston s4 View Post
    If they bring the RS6 avant to the US - I will be waiting at the dock
    I sat in one in London about 6 months ago - wow


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Seen some in germany and holland last week. Theyre great


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  25. #25
    Active Member Two Rings arnie_r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    406611
    Location
    Tempe, AZ

    Well, all I can say is, I am excited to finally see the RS5 in the "Future Vehicles" section on the Audi USA website: https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs5-coupe

    This must mean it's coming to the US real soon. However, I am still having confused thoughts and mixed feelings about whether I should trade in my 6 speed manual B8.5 S4 for an automatic B9 RS5. Maybe some of you guys are thinking the same thing? :-)
    2013 B8.5 S4 - 6MT - Sports Differential - Stock

  26. #26
    Senior Member Four Rings Jimmy ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 13 2014
    AZ Member #
    282403
    Location
    New York

    If the money and timing is right , Iím considering swapping my S5 for a Black/Black RS5


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 TTS. Mythos Black w/ Nappa Red interior. APR 1, AFE Intake

  27. #27
    Active Member Two Rings arnie_r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    406611
    Location
    Tempe, AZ

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy ny View Post
    If the money and timing is right , Iím considering swapping my S5 for a Black/Black RS5


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is your S5 a manual? I was thinking of a black/black RS5 as well actually, but a manual S4/S5 is just too much fun.
    2013 B8.5 S4 - 6MT - Sports Differential - Stock

  28. #28
    Established Member Two Rings douglasjboehme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 22 2015
    AZ Member #
    344223
    My Garage
    1995 Land Rover D90, 1990 Mazda Miata
    Location
    Blue Bell, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_r View Post
    Well, all I can say is, I am excited to finally see the RS5 in the "Future Vehicles" section on the Audi USA website: https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs5-coupe

    This must mean it's coming to the US real soon. However, I am still having confused thoughts and mixed feelings about whether I should trade in my 6 speed manual B8.5 S4 for an automatic B9 RS5. Maybe some of you guys are thinking the same thing? :-)
    I'm trading my B8.5 6MT in for an RS5. I got tired of trying to add things to turn it into an "RS4". Or so I thought. My wife told me "no, I'm keeping the S4!". I'm still waiting for my erection to subside.

    Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
    2016 S4 - 6MT | Sepang Blue | Black Optic | Layered Aluminum/Black wood inlay | Nappa Leather | Sport Diff | AWE Touring Exhaust, Stock DPs

  29. #29
    Senior Member Three Rings JWreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 28 2014
    AZ Member #
    268939
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by douglasjboehme View Post
    I'm trading my B8.5 6MT in for an RS5. I got tired of trying to add things to turn it into an "RS4". Or so I thought. My wife told me "no, I'm keeping the S4!". I'm still waiting for my erection to subside.

    Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
    Hah. Iím putting a deposit down on the RS5 Sportback ASAP, so the S4 goes bye bye


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 S4 P+ | Estoril Blue Crystal | Quattro Sports Diff | Carbon Atlas | Nappa Leather | MMI + Tech Pkg | B & O | Wheels: 19" Peelers w/ 255/35 Michelin PSS

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.