Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings mikron2's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Feeler - May sell my RS5, looking for price advice

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm kicking around the idea of selling my RS5 :( I love it, but in the nearly two years I've owned the car I've only put a little over 4,000 miles on it. It's getting hard to justify the monthly expense for something I'm driving so little. My question is, what do you think a reasonable price would be?

It's a '13 with a few months of AudiCare left and just under 18,500 miles. It would certainly be under 20,000 miles if it sells in the next few months. All service has been done at Audi with records. It's Sepang Blue with all leather seats and carbon trim on the inside, all in great condition. No accidents, not tracked, I've never launched it, but I'm not sure if the previous owner did or not. It has all options except the sun shade, ceramic breaks, and drive assist (no blindspot or radar cruise control). I believe it has every other package though. I've got some mods on it that if I can get a little extra for I'd be willing to sell with the car, otherwise I'll part out here.

With the low mileage and overall condition of the car, and with the extras I'd be happy with $50k. Is that realistic or too high?

Edit* Thank you all for the responses. It's given me some good information to think about as I make the decision on selling. Namvar may be right that if I do sell it I'll likely regret it as soon as it's gone. I'm still kicking around the idea but for now I'm sitting on it and swapping out wheels for the winter set to enjoy in the snow!
    Last edited by mikron2; 11-15-2017 at 10:01 PM.
    2013 RS5 - Vorsteiner VFF - 104 Graphite 20x10, E-Codes, ECS Aggressive Spacer Kit

Veteran Member Four Rings s vier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5
    Items for Sale

I don't think that sounds unreasonable. Low mile. Serviced. Right mods.
    2015 Suzuka RS5 Black Optics+ Red Calipers-Akrapovic Titanium-AWE DPs-Ecodes-Euro fold CF (Neidfaktor) mirrors-3M+Suntech(whole car)-CR15-Red START button-034 diff carrier inserts-BBS CH-R 10.5x20 et25

IG germanbrew

AZ Member #

50k sounds about right. May be able to get around 55k I feel like.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PEM View Post
    50k sounds about right. May be able to get around 55k I feel like.
    You think? I was thinking about listing it at $54 with everything but expecting to get offers for around $50. Maybe I'll post it at $55k with the extras and see what offers come in if I do end up deciding to list it.
    2013 RS5 - Vorsteiner VFF - 104 Graphite 20x10, E-Codes, ECS Aggressive Spacer Kit

AZ Member #

Probably what's going to happen haha. Maybe list at like 58k and go from there? All depends on how fast you want to sell, of course.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PEM View Post
    Probably what's going to happen haha. Maybe list at like 58k and go from there? All depends on how fast you want to sell, of course.
    That's true. I thought $58 would be too high for a starting point to get any offers, but I guess it couldn't hurt since I'm not in a huge hurry. Thanks for your input!

AZ Member #

Np! GLWS

Active Member Two Rings Ape Factory's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Since I just bought one and spent several months looking at everything under the sun, I had my sights locked on a 2013 with 18K miles, full service history, one owner, Suzuka Grey w/driver's assist but no ceramics. I got them down to $45,5K. It was immaculate but did NOT have the factory wheels. Other than the wheels it was mint. The car was destroyed by Hurricane Harvey.

So don't shoot the messenger...here's how I see it.

I would say $50K is too high and you'll be sitting on the car for a long time at that price, especially with no driver's assist. I think, given the low miles and assuming in excellent condition, that $45K is probably ballpark but be prepared to sell at $43-44K if someone offers. You're looking squarely at a 2014, possibly with some warranty left, for $50K and low miles like that. Just my .02 cents from having been in the market a few weeks ago. I also don't know how popular Sepang is honestly. I'm not a blue car guy. I wasn't really a red car guy either but it's obvious where that ended up! Sorry to see you sell it but good luck with the sale. I definitely can see your reasoning behind selling it. If I weren't driving mine, I'd not want to shell out that kind of money along with the maintenance costs going forward.
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red, 20x10 Klassen ID M10/AWE Tuning Track Extreme Exhaust/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Upper Control Arms/CR-15 reinforcement bar/Whiteline Upper Control Arm Bushings/ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines/Apikol Rear Diff Bushing/E-code head & tail lights/Black Lip Spoiler, Red Trim Start Button, black emblems.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
    Since I just bought one and spent several months looking at everything under the sun, I had my sights locked on a 2013 with 18K miles, full service history, one owner, Suzuka Grey w/driver's assist but no ceramics. I got them down to $45,5K. It was immaculate but did NOT have the factory wheels. Other than the wheels it was mint. The car was destroyed by Hurricane Harvey.

I would say $50K is too high and you'll be sitting on the car for a long time at that price, especially with no driver's assist. I think, given the low miles and assuming in excellent condition, that $45K is probably ballpark but be prepared to sell at $43-44K if someone offers. You're looking squarely at a 2014, possibly with some warranty left, for $50K and low miles like that. Just my .02 cents from having been in the market a few weeks ago. I also don't know how popular Sepang is honestly. I'm not a blue car guy. I wasn't really a red car guy either but it's obvious where that ended up! Sorry to see you sell it but good luck with the sale. I definitely can see your reasoning behind selling it. If I weren't driving mine, I'd not want to shell out that kind of money along with the maintenance costs going forward.
    This is more along the lines of what I was expecting given the prices of Ď14 and Ď15 with more warranty left. $50k was thinking best case with the more likely scenario would be $45-$48 depending on how long I wait.

Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

I think the market for Sepang is much more than the Misano. You also said you spent several months looking for the right deal so there's many factors involved; maybe your seller was more motivated to sell, unlike mikron who's not in any particular rush. I feel 45.5 is definitely on the cheaper end of the spectrum and you got a bargain at that price.

Senior Member Four Rings namvar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013, Q7 Prestige, Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Cabinet full of Adam's Polish Products

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post

I agree. my 2015 was just appraised at about $52K. Matched high bluebook. Granted I have 40K miles on it but I have drive assist and dynamic steering. I say look up what the high bluebook is and go with that.

2015 RS5: Mythos Black, Tech, Dynamic steering, Black Optics packages, Folding side mirror upgrade, internal LED lights, Eventuri Intake
    Planned, Funds permitting: Akrapovič exhaust. ECS Tuning Rotors
    2013 3.0T Prestige Q7: Sport pedals, LED interior lights

Veteran Member Four Rings bknewtype's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 C300 4Matic
    Items for Sale

shons selling his car that's a year newer with all the goodies that's over 10k in value and hes looking for 50k, so there would be almost 0 reason for me to wanna pay 50k for yours, just saying

45k is more realistic if that at most

the low miles doesn't really mean too much anymore unless its a collectors car. id prefer a newer car with a bit more miles vs an older car with less miles
    Current: 2017 Audi TTS Mythos Black/ Express Red
    034 Intake | 034 Dog bone mount | 034 Carbon Engine Bay Kit | ECS Turbo muffler delete | BBS CH-R | H&R Sport springs | Burger Tuning JB1
    Past:
    2009 Audi R8 Phantom Black | Nero Satin Pearl
    2011 Audi A5 2.0T 6mt Sapphire Black Build Thread
    2009 Audi S5 Phantom Black

IG: bknewtype

Established Member Two Rings primea6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi A4 S-Line, Infiniti truck
    Items for Sale

is it paid off for? or do you still have a lien?
    2007 A6 4.2 Full S6 conversion |nav | tech |

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by primea6 View Post
    is it paid off for? or do you still have a lien?
    It still has a lien but even at $45k I'd easily clear it.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mikron2 View Post
    I'm kicking around the idea of selling my RS5 :( I love it, but in the nearly two years I've owned the car I've only put a little over 4,000 miles on it. It's getting hard to justify the monthly expense for something I'm driving so little. My question is, what do you think a reasonable price would be?

It's a '13 with a few months of AudiCare left and just under 18,500 miles. It would certainly be under 20,000 miles if it sells in the next few months. All service has been done at Audi with records. It's Sepang Blue with all leather seats and carbon trim on the inside, all in great condition. No accidents, not tracked, I've never launched it, but I'm not sure if the previous owner did or not. It has all options except the sun shade, ceramic breaks, and drive assist (no blindspot or radar cruise control). I believe it has every other package though. I've got some mods on it that if I can get a little extra for I'd be willing to sell with the car, otherwise I'll part out here.

With the low mileage and overall condition of the car, and with the extras I'd be happy with $50k. Is that realistic or too high?
    Wow - I can't even fathom putting less than 5k miles in two years. I've clocked just over 20k since I bought mine July 2016. Best of luck with the Sale - your car is a gem and I figure lowmileage RS5s will sell for good money in the future.
    2013 Audi [R]S5 Panther Black - Mods: Toyo / ECS / Pollen / Thule / Birdshit /Scratches / NAV+ / Broken Camera / Springs that I never mounted / BC Forged / etc.

Instagram: RS5_onthe_Run

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by HMS View Post
    Wow - I can't even fathom putting less than 5k miles in two years. I've clocked just over 20k since I bought mine July 2016. Best of luck with the Sale - your car is a gem and I figure lowmileage RS5s will sell for good money in the future.
    Thatís part of why Iím still kicking the idea around. If I keep it, I donít anticipate putting more than 5,000 miles a year on it unless I change positions to where Iím not traveling and working from home. With those two factors I hardly drive at all unless itís a rental car. In 10 years time assuming itís still in good condition with no accidents or anything (knock on wood) I wouldnít be surprised if I could get a decent amount for it for likely having less than 60k on it.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

keep it

Senior Member Four Rings namvar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013, Q7 Prestige, Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Cabinet full of Adam's Polish Products

Quote Originally Posted by NYCB8S4 View Post
    keep it
    this
    you will regret it as soon as it is gone.

2015 RS5: Mythos Black, Tech, Dynamic steering, Black Optics packages, Folding side mirror upgrade, internal LED lights, Eventuri Intake
    Planned, Funds permitting: Akrapovič exhaust. ECS Tuning Rotors
    2013 3.0T Prestige Q7: Sport pedals, LED interior lights

Veteran Member Four Rings superswiss's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mikron2 View Post
    Thatís part of why Iím still kicking the idea around. If I keep it, I donít anticipate putting more than 5,000 miles a year on it unless I change positions to where Iím not traveling and working from home. With those two factors I hardly drive at all unless itís a rental car. In 10 years time assuming itís still in good condition with no accidents or anything (knock on wood) I wouldnít be surprised if I could get a decent amount for it for likely having less than 60k on it.

If you are not driving it, then it makes sense to consider selling it. I would suggest go enjoy it whenever you can. I work from home, too, have for many years now. Also traveled a lot in the past, not so much anymore now, but I still managed to put almost 60k miles on the car in the past 4.5 years. For much of the time I couldn't help finding excuses to drive it. Taking it to the canyons on the weekends or just making excuses to run an errand . On more than one occasion I've driven down to SoCal on a Sunday, getting up at 4am to hit up some deserted canyon roads and back all in one day. It all started with 4000 miles in 3.5 weeks of driving across Europe, before the car even saw U.S. soil. I do have to say the accumulation of miles has slowed down quite a bit over the past 1 year or so. I've driven less than 5000 miles for the past 7 month. It is starting to become time for something new for me and I've been taking advantage of Audi on Demand to enjoy things like the R8 instead of taking my RS5 out and some of my recent road trips have forced me to take other Audis due to a need for more space or winter capable tires. On the other hand I have no monthly payment, never had a lien on the car, and the big deprecation has already happened. I've grown quite fond of the car sharing model with Audi on Demand and exotic car clubs to drive cars that I wouldn't wanna own anyway, but to mix it up and use the RS5 more for daily duties and road trips.
    '13 panther blk RS5, Ti pkg, blk leather/alcantara, nav pkg, sport exhaust, driver assist pkg, rear shade, alu kreuz, ECS spacers 15f/10r, ECS tru-float rotors, ECS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, european delivery
    '07 phantom blk S4, blk leather, 6mt, conv pkg, audio pkg, heated front&rear seats, bluetooth, nav plus, parktronic, DTM pkg, carbon trim, TPMS, rear&side shades (sold)